PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate Graphical Glitches, Missing Textures and Artifacts - Workaround

YazX_
11-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

For anyone having graphical glitches and artifacts on Nvidia Card, go to Nvidia Control Panel and Set MFAA to off (DONT FORGET TO APPLY SETTINGS) :

http://i.imgur.com/TrGqEGw.png?1

IF disabling MFAA didn't solve the problem, then it might be other setting that is causing it along with MFAA, here is my NCP settings, try to make yours the same as it fixed the problem for me:

http://i.imgur.com/8s902WA.png?1

if this didn't solve the problem, disable 3d vision as well and read below:

if the above didn't work, then edit C:\Users\[WINDOWS_USER_NAME]\Documents\Assassin's Creed Syndicate\AC.ini

Change this line:

UseDriverWorkAround=0

TO

UseDriverWorkAround=1

Save file, restart UPlay and launch game and see if it fixes your issue.

However, if you still have this problem after doing these workarounds, please make sure to report this to Nvidia Support as well as to Ubisoft Support (link is in my signature).

Jessething
11-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Hey, I've been having a similar issue but instead the whole foundry in the first sequence is white and you can't see anything. I don't have the MFAA setting in Nvidia Control Panel so I don't know what to do. Any ideas? http://imgur.com/4X55HlU

YazX_
11-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Hey, I've been having a similar issue but instead the whole foundry in the first sequence is white and you can't see anything. I don't have the MFAA setting in Nvidia Control Panel so I don't know what to do. Any ideas? http://imgur.com/4X55HlU

Hello,

This is a different thing, ok this needs investigation, set everything in graphics settings to low, restart game and try again, if the problem still present then its not related to graphics options otherwise you need to enable option by option until you find what is causing it.

Now if graphics options didnt solve the problem you need to go to Nvidia control panel and set everything to off and start game again, if the problem got fixed, then you need to enable one option at a time and test game until you find the option that is causing this issue.

if the issue is not related to both, then you can try these suggestions below:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1330972-Syndicate-crashes-during-the-intro!?p=11151640&viewfull=1#post11151640

z0m81e_de
11-19-2015, 02:02 PM

do you have 3d vision activated?

had this problem too, but disabling 3d vision solved it

Jessething
11-19-2015, 02:26 PM
I have tried everything you guys have been giving however nothing is working... I will wait until the nvidia game ready driver comes out to see if that fixes my issues. Thanks anyway

z3l
11-19-2015, 02:33 PM
http://plays.tv/video/564cd87f0c1cc59bce

Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.5V
Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DDR5 (384Bit) (R9280-DC2T-3GD5)
MSI Z97 GAMING 3
Intel Core i5-4690K

Any idea why it is happening and how to fix it?

YazX_
11-19-2015, 04:04 PM
http://plays.tv/video/564cd87f0c1cc59bce

Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL Unbuffered NON-ECC 1.5V
Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DDR5 (384Bit) (R9280-DC2T-3GD5)
MSI Z97 GAMING 3
Intel Core i5-4690K

Any idea why it is happening and how to fix it?

i'm not sure what option you need to trun-off in CCC as i dont own an AMD card so i cannot know exactly, please try to turn off all options in CCC and launch the game, if the problem is fixed then start enabling options in CCC one by one until you find the one causing this issue. if it didn't get fixed then please contact Ubisoft and AMD support to address this issue as most probably its a driver issue.

Wolfmeister1010
11-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Hm, let's see if this fixes the artifacts and absence of gunshot effect (smoke and flash)

Also, anyone notice that chimney smoke disappears as the player gets close? Really distracting. Plox fix!

LikeICarehah
11-19-2015, 06:20 PM
cant be driver issue cause i have same problem.. and my friend got same problem. im running it on FX8350 / GTX 980 and he is using Intel 2500 or 2600 (not sure) and GTX 970.. as you can see people on AMD cards and on Nvidia got same problems

Jessething
11-19-2015, 09:23 PM
I just woke up and installed the Nvidia Game Ready drivers and it's working as normal!

YazX_
11-19-2015, 09:35 PM
cant be driver issue cause i have same problem.. and my friend got same problem. im running it on FX8350 / GTX 980 and he is using Intel 2500 or 2600 (not sure) and GTX 970.. as you can see people on AMD cards and on Nvidia got same problems

it is a driver problem, i have this issue and once i set MFAA to off, everything is working normally and others who tried this workaround worked for them, i'm not sure what you need to turn off for AMD CCC since i don't own an AMD card and cannot test it to know what option exactly is causing this issue but most probably something to do with AA.

LikeICarehah
11-19-2015, 11:47 PM
it is a driver problem, i have this issue and once i set MFAA to off, everything is working normally and others who tried this workaround worked for them, i'm not sure what you need to turn off for AMD CCC since i don't own an AMD card and cannot test it to know what option exactly is causing this issue but most probably something to do with AA.

no no you dont get me... its working for me too.. and for my friend.. problem in that AA filter... but.. as i see it.. its impossible to have same problem on both AMD and Nvidia Drivers.. i still think its a game itself problem with working with MFAA

antagonist99
11-19-2015, 11:55 PM
no no you dont get me... its working for me too.. and for my friend.. problem in that AA filter... but.. as i see it.. its impossible to have same problem on both AMD and Nvidia Drivers.. i still think its a game itself problem with working with MFAA

What if I told you that my Geforce 980 gives me the same kind of visual artifacts as the guy with a Radeon who posted a picture of it? Sounds very much like a bug with the game to me, not the drivers.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's late, I can't read. My bad.

YazX_
11-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Some people still have the problem even when disabling MFAA, i updated the original post to include my NCP settings since it might be one or more settings other than MFAA which are causing this problem as well. try to duplicate the same settings and restart game afterwards and see if it fixes the problem.

Bigodon
11-20-2015, 11:39 AM
new nvidia drivers don't fix the mfaa issue
still having weird polygons and textures

- win 10 x64 with last updates
- last nvidia drivers
- gtx titan x

antagonist99
11-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Some people still have the problem even when disabling MFAA, i updated the original post to include my NCP settings since it might be one or more settings other than MFAA which are causing this problem as well. try to duplicate the same settings and restart game afterwards and see if it fixes the problem.

Yeah, turned my settings into a verbatim copy of yours. No change, missing textures, these walls of yellow fog - unchanged.

Not that I was expecting anything else as this is sure as **** no driver issue.

YazX_
11-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Yeah, turned my settings into a verbatim copy of yours. No change, missing textures, these walls of yellow fog - unchanged.

Not that I was expecting anything else as this is sure as **** no driver issue.

Try to roll back drivers to 3-4 versions earlier, to get an earlier driver, search for it in Guru3d.com or use google search with specific driver version to get a direct download from Nvidia.com website (NOT GEFORCE WEBSITE) because if you went to Nvidia Website and choose All Drivers it will show you only the latest one when doing the search

antagonist99
11-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Try to roll back drivers to 3-4 versions earlier, to get an earlier driver, search for it in Guru3d.com or use google search with specific driver version to get a direct download from Nvidia.com website (NOT GEFORCE WEBSITE) because if you went to Nvidia Website and choose All Drivers it will show you only the latest one when doing the search

I have a better idea. I'll just go back to playing Fallout 4. Let's see how much time Ubisoft needs to fix something that should've been fixed the day before the game went gold.

An0ff
11-21-2015, 03:15 AM
Hello Everyone,

For anyone having graphical glitches and artifacts on Nvidia Card, go to Nvidia Control Panel and Set MFAA to off (DONT FORGET TO APPLY SETTINGS) :

http://i.imgur.com/TrGqEGw.png?1

IF disabling MFAA didn't solve the problem, then it might be other setting that is causing it along with MFAA, here is my NCP settings, try to make yours the same as it fixed the problem for me:

http://i.imgur.com/8s902WA.png?1

if this didn't solve the problem, rename these files to any name:

Videos\pc_twimtbp.bk2

For English:

Videos\en\Epilepsy.bk2
Videos\en\PC_WarningSaving.bk2
Videos\en\warning_disclaimer.bk2

if you are playing with different language then change "en" folder to the prefix of your language, as an example for italian its "it":

Videos\it\Epilepsy.bk2
Videos\it\PC_WarningSaving.bk2
Videos\it\warning_disclaimer.bk2

These files are intro videos and will not affect the game, the game will skip them after renaming.

I have tried all of this, none have worked, just increased load times. :mad: And all files have been verified,

http://postimg.org/image/k8u424ldj/

l-TH3_H4CK3R-l
12-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Anyone know how to fix this ??

http://imgur.com/gIe7chS

YazX_
12-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Anyone know how to fix this ??

http://imgur.com/gIe7chS

System Specs?

l-TH3_H4CK3R-l
12-04-2015, 02:19 AM
Gtx 750ti
16gb ram
Amd fx6300
Win 10 pro

YazX_
12-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Gtx 750ti
16gb ram
Amd fx6300
Win 10 pro

whats your in-game graphics settings and do you exceed the VRAM slider?

l-TH3_H4CK3R-l
12-04-2015, 03:00 PM
All settings high except ambient occlusion and AA .. Yes,I am over the vram slider..

YazX_
12-04-2015, 04:58 PM
All settings high except ambient occlusion and AA .. Yes,I am over the vram slider..

Thats the cause of this issue, the game requires 3 GB at least to run without the effect you are seeing, your video card has 2GB vram, so its not enough for game textures thus you see this kind of effect of missing textures, you need to reduce graphics settings to lower VRAM usage.

l-TH3_H4CK3R-l
12-04-2015, 06:17 PM
I tested all on low.. But no change..

YazX_
12-04-2015, 07:03 PM
I tested all on low.. But no change..

whats your target resolution set in graphics settings?

l-TH3_H4CK3R-l
12-05-2015, 08:57 AM
1366x768 60Hz

DJNIKEL24CT
12-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Sorry let me start by saying im an AMD guy. My problem is that no matter what resolution I set it to it seems to show only in 720 or less cause it looks really crappy. Also if I do fullscreen mode the picture is extremely zoomed in to where I can only see about 1/4 of the actual screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling verifying turning everything off, everything on, low settings and high, nothing works. I'm on the latest amd drivers. set up is as follows

R9 390 crossfire
16gb ram
fx8350 @ 5ghz

any help would be great cause the game looks really fun but I dont wanna play on a crappy resolution.

YazX_
12-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Sorry let me start by saying im an AMD guy. My problem is that no matter what resolution I set it to it seems to show only in 720 or less cause it looks really crappy. Also if I do fullscreen mode the picture is extremely zoomed in to where I can only see about 1/4 of the actual screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling verifying turning everything off, everything on, low settings and high, nothing works. I'm on the latest amd drivers. set up is as follows

R9 390 crossfire
16gb ram
fx8350 @ 5ghz

any help would be great cause the game looks really fun but I dont wanna play on a crappy resolution.

looks like the game fails to save settings, have you tried to run UPlay and game as admin?

Another solution is to open Documents\Assassin's Creed Syndicate\AC.ini and change DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight.

kieronf84
12-14-2015, 06:52 AM
Gtx980ti i7 4970k 16gb ram @ 2400mhz

Mine looks like garbage i cant figure out tried all of the above and tried different drivers even tried going to windows 7 instead of ten to avail.
here a img.

http://i.imgur.com/dF4n2li.jpg

YazX_
12-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Gtx980ti i7 4970k 16gb ram @ 2400mhz

Mine looks like garbage i cant figure out tried all of the above and tried different drivers even tried going to windows 7 instead of ten to avail.
here a img.

go to NCP, reset everything to defaults, launch game and set graphics options to low, if it fixes your issue, adjust graphics settings to what they used to be and test, if the game still showing properly, then the option causing this is from NCP, you need to bump each option at a time and test to know whats causing this issue.

However, latest Nvidia drivers fixed this issue as far as i know, have you tried them out?

kieronf84
12-15-2015, 06:21 AM
yeah ive tried the latest nvidia drivers to no avail the game honestly looks brilliant and am dieing to play so ill give it try and get but to you.

kieronf84
12-15-2015, 06:31 AM
Doesn't work sadly :(

YazX_
12-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Honest opinion game is completely unplayable for me I'm way above the recommended i7 4970k, gtx 980ti, 16gb ram @ 2400mhz

I get decent fps and performance but i can't really see wtf is going on around me as you can tell by the picture below so No game is not playable lol.

if you go to NCP --> Manage 3D Settings --> Program Settings

select ACS from the list and check if MFAA is enabled or not since it might be turned off in global settings but turned on for this specific game, also try to use GFE optimize button to set your graphics settings.

P.S: please keep your posts in one thread for the issue, i found 3 same posts of yours in 3 different threads and got confused where my reply was, so please keep it in one thread so i can easier track this issue

kieronf84
12-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Sorry mate just trying to get my problem out there in as many places as possible so someone can help me fix it as im not getting anything of any use just the same thing thats posted all through the forum that doesnt seem to fix my issue.

zaidprince1985
08-06-2017, 07:55 PM
hey, can someone please help me i have been having this glitch that the carriage glitches everytime.
my graphics card is nvidia 850 m

strigoi1958
08-06-2017, 08:10 PM
hey, can someone please help me i have been having this glitch that the carriage glitches everytime.
my graphics card is nvidia 850 m

Sometimes you just need to download a different nvidia graphics driver and do a clean install.... but you should try all the suggestions on all the pages in this thread. YazX_ is great when it comes to posting solutions.

guest-GOLWJFuO
08-06-2017, 08:36 PM
i have the latest drivers on nvidia geforce experience and someone told me that i could optimize my game from there but geforce experience couldnt optimize my game

guest-GOLWJFuO
08-06-2017, 08:43 PM
can some one please tell me the solution for my glitches and how to fix my issue that geforce experience cant optimize my game

strigoi1958
08-07-2017, 12:38 AM
All the solutions are in this thread... you just need to try every one until it works.

PlexiglassNudo
05-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Hi, i have the same problem of kieronf84,I tried to fiddle with many settings, but after countless attempts, I didn't get to anything. :(

My specs:

Intel core i5 6400 2.70 GHz
RAM: 8gb
windows 7 x64
graphics card: AMD rx480

Thx

P.S. sorry for my english