PDA

View Full Version : it's 19th in Australia, why still showing pre-release on uplay?

Subtle54
11-19-2015, 01:52 AM
I paid for this pc game, waited an extra month, it's been released in Australia. Why is Uplay showing pre-loaded? I

strigoi1958
11-19-2015, 02:06 AM
because it used to release in the USA on 1 day (say the 19th ) then everywhere else got it 1 day later (20th)... but this year I believe we all get it at the same time when it is 6 am Eastern Standard time USA ... about 4 hours from this post.

Subtle54
11-19-2015, 02:18 AM
Thanks mate, appreciate the response.

kriss3d
11-19-2015, 03:20 AM
I read on the Facebook that its 12 CST which means in 4 hours from now. Thats one hour after the EST. How I wish they would at least put an european timeserver up as well so we could actually benefit from the midnight launch.

TheKewee
11-19-2015, 04:08 AM
rather than just saying "this game has not been released yet", why not tell us the local date/time the game will be available... This small improvement would take away a lot of stress for those who pre-order...

Rekalty
11-19-2015, 04:11 AM
Release time is Midnight EST, so a little under 2 hours from now.

d_train_
11-19-2015, 05:37 AM
After last years debacle you would think they would get it right. So here I am in Australia, picked up my games that I pre-ordered in September, took the afternoon off to play some AC and I CAN'T - WHAT A PILE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubisoft - just to let you know that there are different time zones in the world and when you advertise a release and allow it to be sold - IT SHOULD BE PLAYABLE FROM THE MOMENT IT IS BLOODY INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME NOW - I HAVE ALREADY HAD TO WAIT AN EXTRA MONTH SO THAT YOU COULD "GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME" AND I STILL CAN'T PLAY THE DAMN THING. THIS IS ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrimShins
11-19-2015, 05:41 AM
After last years debacle you would think they would get it right. So here I am in Australia, picked up my games that I pre-ordered in September, took the afternoon off to play some AC and I CAN'T - WHAT A PILE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubisoft - just to let you know that there are different time zones in the world and when you advertise a release and allow it to be sold - IT SHOULD BE PLAYABLE FROM THE MOMENT IT IS BLOODY INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME NOW - I HAVE ALREADY HAD TO WAIT AN EXTRA MONTH SO THAT YOU COULD "GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME" AND I STILL CAN'T PLAY THE DAMN THING. THIS IS ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem upset.

Lord_Furface
11-19-2015, 05:42 AM

If I could like a post I would ^^

well, all the people in Australia and Europe that bought a retail copy and can't play it should sue Ubisoft for selling a product that you can't use. since it's just stated "19:th" and if they have midnight releases etc, it should be playable.

Like if I would go buy a car. And when I go to pick it up, the seller is just like. - well you have to wait for the keys cus I sent them per mail. Sorry dude.

d_train_
11-19-2015, 06:09 AM
You seem upset.

lol

Looks like it is now available to be played (it is 3pm Australian time) - but guess what, the first thing it wants to do is download a 1.15Gb update - WHY THE HELL COULDN'T THAT HAVE HAPPENED WHEN I INSTALLED THE THING, WHY DID I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE US RELEASE TIME TO THEN HAVE TO RUN AN UPDATE??????????????????????????

GhostAssassinLT
11-19-2015, 06:28 AM
Because the check for updates is actually done when you start up the game and since the game couldn't start before it was released it will happen the first time you start it up...

A release count down would have been nice, even though it doesn't matter to me as I have to wait until I get home from work (in about 12 hours) before I can play anyhow. :(

d_train_
11-19-2015, 06:46 AM
Yes a countdown would have been nice - but either don't sell it worldwide on the 19th if you had to wait for the US to wake up or enable it for different time zones - it isn't rocket science. I am glad I didn't go and get it at midnight last night!!