PDA

View Full Version : PC settings maxing out (How to understand stablility in performance)

RVSage
11-18-2015, 04:52 AM
What does Maxing out mean?

Maxing out means setting all settings to maximum setting lower than NVIDIA Gameworks in all options. and AA is not included in this. Once this is done pick an AA that gives you stable performance and decent looks. If the game does not perform well after this it means the performance is bad. If without these NVIDIA features all is good , then the game is good, performance wise. Once you know it is stable add, nvidia features and keep the settings you like.

PS: More often than not any NVIDIA gamework option leads to performance issues. These are always nice to haves only. GAmeworks include hbao, txaa, pcss

naumaan
11-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Nice suggestion .. guess what .. this can also help at each level and not just maxing out

I ve been doing it in my low rig with low settings and changing fxaa to msaa whenever it crash and after sometime i change it back .. so far its making me feel goood

Rekalty
11-18-2015, 08:26 AM
I'm pretty sure they phrased it so vaguely, to make it harder for us to figure out how bad the optimization for the game is. Every time they post something, I get Unity deja vu.

strigoi1958
11-18-2015, 08:27 AM
Excellent. I always have my Nvidia control panel set to performance never quality then I tend to mess around in settings but it is a lot simpler doing it this way and just adjusting till it suits me visually. Thanks RV :D

Danny_rx7
11-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmp3Y8MSakk

So, if we turn off nVidia bullsh*t, we can play it pretty well. Shadows Quality set to High instead of PCSS Ultra, and AA set to something lower like FXAA. And enjoy at 60fps!
Very good job Ubi. Looking forward to new drivers and improvements.

Going4Quests
11-18-2015, 01:09 PM
I7 4770K is the same as I7 4770?

strigoi1958
11-18-2015, 01:21 PM
Yes the same cpu but the k version is unlocked for higher overclocking.

That video looks so smooth. The 970 is making it look very good. There is going to be some nice screenshots soon.

RVSage
11-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmp3Y8MSakk

So, if we turn off nVidia bullsh*t, we can play it pretty well. Shadows Quality set to High instead of PCSS Ultra, and AA set to something lower like FXAA. And enjoy at 60fps!
Very good job Ubi. Looking forward to new drivers and improvements.

More or less same like unity, All maxed out except shadows and FXAA. Does the trick on 970. Diffrence this more constant 60 than Unity. Maybe we can tweak a bit more with drivers and see

Shaftex
11-18-2015, 06:35 PM
The game is looking really crisp. 11 more hours!

Jessigirl2013
11-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the tip :cool:

Cant believe its less than 6 hours till Syndicate.

Danny_rx7
11-19-2015, 01:14 AM
More or less same like unity, All maxed out except shadows and FXAA. Does the trick on 970. Diffrence this more constant 60 than Unity. Maybe we can tweak a bit more with drivers and see

The main point:
Unity was shi*ty and completely unplayable on cheaper and older cards like GTX760 and 7850. And now, those cards can run Syndicate just fine.

Good job from Ubi this year. :)

Jessigirl2013
01-31-2016, 02:34 PM
The main point:
Unity was shi*ty and completely unplayable on cheaper and older cards like GTX760 and 7850. And now, those cards can run Syndicate just fine.

Good job from Ubi this year. :)

Yeah... that was the assumption in the requirements thread, before they were announced.:rolleyes:

Is Unity playable on those cards now?