PDA

View Full Version : A letter for Jacob

ghostangel
11-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Since completing about 75% (maybe more) of sequence, every time I return to the train - I keep getting a reference to a letter for Jacob..
Problem is that I don't see a letter laying about..

What am I missing and what is this letter?

Thanks
[ghost]

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 10:25 PM
it's related to sequence 8. it means that you can already play that one if you wan because you liberated enough parts of the map .but you can just wait untill you get that far in the story itself.

RaggedTyper
11-16-2015, 10:32 PM
It makes no sense. The entire point of sequences is because they are needed to ease the Subject into traumatic memories otherwise the Subject will end up basically having a stroke. What happens to Jacob in sequence 8 is certainly traumatic.

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 10:36 PM
It makes no sense. The entire point of sequences is because they are needed to ease the Subject into traumatic memories otherwise the Subject will end up basically having a stroke. What happens to Jacob in sequence 8 is certainly traumatic.

yeah i never understood why they did that actually.i just played trough the story in chronological order myself

BananaBlighter
11-16-2015, 10:43 PM
I accidentally played the first mission of sequence 8 before finishing 6, but it's not like it spoiled anything really. I find it's quite immersive that you can choose the order you play missions between the twins most of the time.

ghostangel
11-16-2015, 10:54 PM
I did notice that Seq #8 was available, but paid no it no attention since I was still wrapping up #4 and I like to play the story in chronological order myself.
As for it triggering, that would make sense since I like to spend the time upfront freeing up a good portion of the controlled areas before I get to far into the main story.
I blame ACII for that.. :p
Thanks for the clarification and the answer..

the_don7684
11-16-2015, 10:55 PM
It got reeeeealy annoying going back to the train and "looks like I've got a letter" comment every. single. time! Sooo I ended up playing it before I finished up Seq. 7 lol. Didn't ruin anything for me either.

Namikaze_17
11-16-2015, 10:56 PM
"A letter... for me?" - truly the most awesomely cheeky line in franchise history.

jellejackhammer
11-16-2015, 11:00 PM
it became the new WHERE'S CHARLES LEE!!!??? for me ...

Namikaze_17
11-16-2015, 11:37 PM
it became the new WHERE'S CHARLES LEE!!!??? for me ...

People really exaggerate that one.

It's no where near as cringe-worthy (https://youtu.be/3QMeL5vE1Gk) as some others.

RaggedTyper
11-17-2015, 12:42 AM
People really exaggerate that one.

It's no where near as cringe-worthy (https://youtu.be/3QMeL5vE1Gk) as some others.

Oh god, they tried so hard to make "I make me own luck" the new catchphrase and it just came across as forced and obvious - much like Shay's character really.

cawatrooper9
11-17-2015, 03:24 PM
I think it's pretty obvious when and where Sequence 8 can be started, even without the constant berrating by the characters every time you fast travel to the train. It's actually really obnoxious, and ends up being confusing anyway (I ended up searching the train for a letter for me- how am I supposed to know that it's related to the Templar Sequence board?) Poor planning on whoever's idea that was.

jellejackhammer
11-17-2015, 04:05 PM
i understand the reason for playing the missions in any order you want for the sake of having 2 characters,but why you can play sequence 8 after liberating enough parts of the map(even if you only reached sequence 5) and it's only with jacob makes me feel that ubi didn't really know when that set of memories would fit best in the story.i mean the missions leading to the final one kind of feel empty without evie's part of the sequence to me.

also why is it that the assassination missions are the final misson in each sequence but not numbred that way?
evie's missions Always are numbred after the assasination missions so it doesn't really add to the chronological order .

rant over :p

Sorrosyss
11-17-2015, 04:19 PM
The real question is... "Who's a good horse?"

cawatrooper9
11-17-2015, 04:25 PM
Honestly, I thought it was a tinfoil conspiracy theory at first, but I'm beginning to get convinced that Jacob was planned to be the sole protagonist of the game, and Evie was (albeit skillfully) shoehorned in, possibly after the ACU Female Assassin scandal.

jellejackhammer
11-17-2015, 04:33 PM
Honestly, I thought it was a tinfoil conspiracy theory at first, but I'm beginning to get convinced that Jacob was planned to be the sole protagonist of the game, and Evie was (albeit skillfully) shoehorned in, possibly after the ACU Female Assassin scandal.

if that was the case then i'm very gratefull that evie was added aswell.jacob wouldn't really do it for me as the main character alone.
not because they are twins but more of his attitude towards his lifestyle in the brotherhood.he just does things because he knows no other life, and isn't that devoted to what the creed is build upon and it's deeper purpose.it wouldn't work without the contrast evie brings.

cawatrooper9
11-17-2015, 04:56 PM
if that was the case then i'm very gratefull that evie was added aswell.jacob wouldn't really do it for me as the main character alone.
not because they are twins but more of his attitude towards his lifestyle in the brotherhood.he just does things because he knows no other life, and isn't that devoted to what the creed is build upon and it's deeper purpose.it wouldn't work without the contrast evie brings.

Absolutely. Like I said, I think that her inclusion was mostly handled well, and I love the idea of the dual protagonists. I'm just merely making the observation that these seams seem kind of obvious when you look for them.

RaggedTyper
11-17-2015, 05:02 PM
The real question is... "Who's a good horse?"

You are. ;)