PDA

View Full Version : AC games Xbone backwards compatibility. Interesting votes

Assassin_M
11-16-2015, 06:45 AM
So I ran into this on the subreddit (The OP is really upset at the current standing, lol )

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503?query=Assassin's Creed

AC III has the most votes behind AC II for backwards compatibility, lol. Man, people must hate that game. Don't start a war, guis, pls. I just thought it was interesting that AC III got so many votes.

VestigialLlama4
11-16-2015, 06:53 AM
So I ran into this on the subreddit (The OP is really upset at the current standing, lol )

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503?query=Assassin's Creed

AC III has the most votes behind AC II for backwards compatibility, lol. Man, people must hate that game. Don't start a war, guis, pls. I just thought it was interesting that AC III got so many votes.

I am wondering why Black Flag has 15,000 votes...that game is available on XBONE already it was ported on Next-Gen the year it came out and was a quasi-launch title on early releases.

AC2 on Next-Gen would probably look like an emulation. The graphics are good but it's been greatly exceeded. Even Revelations made AC2 look dated. And AC2 was itself a downgrade on AC1.

AC3 would look amazing on Next-Gen needless to say, it's still an amazingly beautiful game. But I would like a director's cut and additional features were it to happen although a straight port would work. Maybe they can do something like what Nintendo did with Wind Waker. Wind Waker was an underappreciated title on launch and then the HD Port came and it sold like hot cakes and now everyone agrees it's a terrific title and some (like me) think it's the greatest Zelda.

Assassin_M
11-16-2015, 07:01 AM
I am wondering why Black Flag has 15,000 votes...that game is available on XBONE already it was ported on Next-Gen the year it came out and was a quasi-launch title on early releases.
Maybe people don't want to buy it again for the xbone? They think "Hey, I have it for the 360, so might as well vote"

AC2 on Next-Gen would probably look like an emulation. The graphics are good but it's been greatly exceeded. Even Revelations made AC2 look dated. And AC2 was itself a downgrade on AC1.
AC II already became backwards compatible. Its main problem is the LoD and draw distance. It's horrid. And yeah, the use of dynamic D/N cycle gave the lighting a hard blow.

AC3 would look amazing on Next-Gen needless to say, it's still an amazingly beautiful game. But I would like a director's cut and additional features were it to happen although a straight port would work. Maybe they can do something like what Nintendo did with Wind Waker. Wind Waker was an underappreciated title on launch and then the HD Port came and it sold like hot cakes and now everyone agrees it's a terrific title and some (like me) think it's the greatest Zelda.

Yeah, AC III aged quite well. It's like they said at the time: They were making a next gen game on current gen. That's reflected in a lot of ways both great and unfortunate, but oh well. God, what I would do if I was given control of an AC III remake. I day dream about it.

x___Luffy___x
11-16-2015, 07:12 AM
Well, i ll buy the AC 3 remake in a heartbeat. One of my fav AC game, still love it :)

VestigialLlama4
11-16-2015, 07:49 AM
AC II already became backwards compatible. Its main problem is the LoD and draw distance. It's horrid. And yeah, the use of dynamic D/N cycle gave the lighting a hard blow.

The graphical jump from AC2 to Brotherhood is pretty steep itself. It's apparent if you play it back-to-back, for all that Brotherhood starts where AC2 left-off, immediately put that game after "rest is up to you Desmond" and it looks and feels like a totally different game. Mario Auditore gets an Old Dude Model, Machiavelli and Caterina Sforza look more detailed (weirdly I liked how Caterina looked in AC2, she was softer in appearance where she's more like a tough girl in ACB).

Revelations though is the most beautiful of the Ezio games.

Yeah, AC III aged quite well. It's like they said at the time: They were making a next gen game on current gen. That's reflected in a lot of ways both great and unfortunate, but oh well. God, what I would do if I was given control of an AC III remake. I day dream about it.

I do too. I think if they had just a little more time and fewer features the game would be alright. It's a game like nothing else anywhere. They can use this to add the deleted audio and maybe a coda to say what happened to Connor as a gift to Connor fans (who would be buying an AC3 re-release anyway).

Things I would fix:
1) Great Fire of New York would come at the expense of say, Underground missions and Assassination targets.
2) Haytham would be a proper boss fight, Hickey should be a black-box assassination, as should Charles Lee.
3) Clarify the whole "Washington burned Connor's Village/Charles Lee's presence at the village" thing since this is a ludicrous plot hole that mars the game.
4) Add the Final Connor Monologue at the End, after the final Epilogue cutscene of Connor seeing the ships leaving the harbor and then seeing the slaves being sold on the stockade.

I think if they focused on these, it would make the campaign more satisfying. Barring of course a full remake which i would support albeit knowing its unrealistic. For Side Missions, keep the Homestead, Captain Kidd Tombs, Naval, Forts, Frontiersman, Assassination Recruits -- only more integrated. Make the economy- and crafting more integrated with the Homestead, like say create trading posts across the Frontier for your convoy to stop so that you can craft and upgrade in multiple areas and sell things between different places and people. This is what the Crafting works like in fact but it's told to us rather than shown and this can convey the idea that you are building America.

A full remake would be:
1) No-Haytham prologue. Connor's mother dies at childbirth and we see him as an adolescent (i.e. first scene with Kanento;kon), then he gets involved with the Assassins after saving Achilles' life while wandering across the forest and noticing that his symbol is familiar. No Juno-quest, chance coincidence encounter is my thing, no forced revenge plot.

2) We'd have more Native American tribes, and three or four native characters. Connor would also have a crush with one of the girls and maybe a love triangle between him and Kanento;kon. And Connor loses because of his Assassin committment and those two get married instead. I think this would be fitting/tragic for Connor as a character and logically it must have been what happened in the Kanienka;haka village.

3) Connor would be really distant and uninterested in the American Revolution and he would Assassinate characters on both sides. Like say on the Battle of Bunker Hill, he assassinates a Patriot and a Redcoat Templar in the heat of the battle or something like that. He wouldn't interact all that much with the American founders but he would interact with the people on the side, or on the ground. like Aaron Burr (not in the game), John Paul Jones, Thomas Paine or Israel Putnam (figures Connor could have ran into). No one-on-one facetime with George Washington in public. Connor recruits Assassins from both Loyalists and Patriots (as opposed to solely Patriots as in the game) and he's mostly "f--k the politics, i want to make sure everyone I care about makes it out alive" which I think would be the logical position Connor should take instead of being forced into winning the American revolution in the game.

4) George Washington will be more like Richard the Lionheart, ambitious and slightly cold, not someone Haytham can talk smack too. That was the real George's personality. Ideally Connor should meet him via Washington's extensive spy network (which was a real thing) and Connor would do missions with a Kobayashi (from usual suspects) type not knowing who his master is until he meets Washington and that meeting is brief and tense. No Bowls game in New York courtyard afterwards. And after the Sullivan Expedition (which should be enough to break Connor and Washington's friendship instead of the thing about Washington attacking Connor's village which they added without clarification), Connor doesn't see him again until the Tyranny DLC (which is where they kind-of reconcile).

5) The Templars would have a power struggle between Haytham and Charles Lee since that was what the game implied in the first half and didn't follow through, ruining its own story.

6) In terms of Map, I would make the Frontier bigger by merging it with the Homestead, I'd add canoeing too. For cities. I'd have Boston but New York only gets brief sequences such as the Great Fire of New York, since the city otherwise doesn't have much in the game to add. You can save New York for the Gangs of New York sequel later.

LoyalACFan
11-16-2015, 08:55 AM
I think it's just because AC3 was so obviously constrained by its platform that people want to see it properly updated in some fashion, even if it's just backwards compatibility. The others fit pretty comfortably on the 360 hardware, so I don't think people have such a drive to see them "repurposed," for lack of a better word.

Assassin_M
11-16-2015, 09:32 AM
I think it's just because AC3 was so obviously constrained by its platform that people want to see it properly updated in some fashion, even if it's just backwards compatibility. The others fit pretty comfortably on the 360 hardware, so I don't think people have such a drive to see them "repurposed," for lack of a better word.
I was waiting for the tin foil hats to come in:p

You'll just about think of any other reason to avoid saying that AC III MAY be marginally popular:rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
11-16-2015, 09:37 AM
AC3 first needs to be improved by making black bears more realistic, they aren't that aggressive in real life and they don't really roar. I know this because I have a black bear friend named Bryan so nobody can accuse me of making this up.

RVSage
11-16-2015, 09:54 AM
AC 3 on current gen would be great. I for one loved AC3 despite it's issues on PC . But one thing I hate AC3 for, is that ending. They killed Desmond fine, but they ruined how they killed him. I was so annoyed by that ending for months. Haytham , remains my favourite character. Connor was fine too.

Sushiglutton
11-16-2015, 10:19 AM
AC3 looked great to me on PC. I suppose the foliage received a massive update for AC4, other than that I think 3 looks fine. AC2 on the other hand is fugly by todays standards and has therfor lost some of its appeal imo. It needs a proper remaster to be truly enjoyable again. Since it's the crown jewel it might happen some day (then again it probably wont, thanks yearly releases!).

You'll just about think of any other reason to avoid saying that AC III MAY be marginally popular:rolleyes:

People are voting to make AC3 backwards compatible because they don't want Ubi to waste resources on a proper remaster.

joelsantos24
11-16-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm surprised about the AC1 results, but then again I'm partial for it, since it's my favorite. But we PS fans keep being stabbed on the back with these news. Sony never learns.

LoyalACFan
11-16-2015, 05:45 PM

:confused: I don't understand. AC3 IS popular, I wasn't trying to say otherwise. I just also think it's the one that's most tantalizing to have "updated" somewhat since it was the only one in the series that felt heavily confined by its hardware generation. Whereas something like ACB (which is a lot of people's favorite as well) did just fine on the 360 performance-wise.

TL;DR AC3 was obviously supposed to be an X1/PS4 game to begin with, so people want it on those consoles.

cawatrooper9
11-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Would be cool to add a Haytham skin, too! (unless there actually is one and I somehow missed it).

AdrianJacek
11-16-2015, 06:09 PM
IMO AC3 is better on PS3 than on 360. The PS3 version doesn't have that annoying as f*ck Desmond bag clipping glitch, for one. Seriously, that thing was so bloody distracting. Not to mention Benedict Arnold DLC, clearer graphics and just one disc. Also lockpicking which I find is better with Dualshock 3.

GunnerGalactico
11-16-2015, 08:10 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/b2bab68f5a2695dce2ce1931787f388f/aeqo7zi/0a9n2lpfo/tumblr_static_tumblr_n02nb9j6jg1ri23yqo1_500.gif