PDA

View Full Version : HE-111 area bombing missions, anywhere?

Jenny_B
08-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know of any mission where you flatten, for example, an industrial area with He-111s (or TB3s for that matter, I kind of like those lowtech behemoths)?

Bombing trains, troops and bridges with an HE-111 in the standard FB campaings doesn't seem authentic - those are typical Stuka tasks.

--Jenny

Jenny_B
08-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know of any mission where you flatten, for example, an industrial area with He-111s (or TB3s for that matter, I kind of like those lowtech behemoths)?

Bombing trains, troops and bridges with an HE-111 in the standard FB campaings doesn't seem authentic - those are typical Stuka tasks.

--Jenny

Dammerung
08-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Campaign. Mission Complete before you bomb anything, I just flatten the Nearest building I see. 'Cause it's fun. And with the TB-3, you can barely keep it in the Air let alone Level. So I just drop my bombs over someone's head cause it's fun.

Oh, there are no fighter pilots down in hell...
The whole damn place is full of queers, navigators, and bombadiers...

Covino
08-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah, that's what I disliked about the He-111 missions. There were no carpet bombing missions.

It's kind of funny to send 8 bombers to destroy a bridge.

Treetop64
08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey EvilBen, I saw your avatar and now I can't get that song outta my head! That skit on SNL is one of the funniest they've recently produced!

Zeus-cat
08-27-2004, 09:57 PM
I have a few I can send to you. I was thinking about making a small campaign of 10-12 missions.

I had a list of targets at one time:
- airfield packed with transports and bombers
- a large city with several areas to be bombed (Kursk is a nice target)
- train marshalling yard
- oil tanks
- factories
- an armored division in the field
- harbor with freighters
- freighters at sea
- warships at sea or in harbor

Any other ideas fortargets?
What are your preferred bomb loads?
Preferred altitude?
Distance to target?
Number of planes in mission?
Do you want attacking fighters in some or all missions?

Look for my 30 mission IL-2T campaigm coming soon.

Zeus-cat

Jenny_B
08-31-2004, 10:29 AM
Your campaign seems like something to look forward to! I agree with the target ideas. For factories, industrial areas and rail yards, an internal loadout of 20 bombs sounds right, since you'd want to drop a carpet of bombs.

Keep us posted on the progress!

--Jenny