PDA

View Full Version : Happy 8th Anniversary Assassin's Creed

RinoTheBouncer
11-13-2015, 05:33 PM
On this day in 2007, the legendary Ubisoft (https://instagram.com/Ubisoft/) launched the very first installment of the most phenomenal, most informative and most influential franchise of all time, Assassin's Creed.

I am more than fortunate to have followed this masterpiece from day one and I'm extremely honored to be a Star Player and to have met the wonderful, talented people behind it from Developers to ComDevs to Community Managers and of course, the intelligent and friendly fan community.

On this occasion, I wanna dedicate my thanks to each and every single member of Ubisoft behind this work of art. This franchise changed my life in a way I could never imagine. Thank you and here's to a lifetime of creativity and success to Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed and an eternity for the friendship I made with the brilliant team behind it and the amazing fan community.

Ubi today. Ubi tomorrow. Ubi forever.
https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/p720x720/12219597_1651003091817798_7332276039436587741_n.jp g?oh=5c112ef065be52f0956e401aa20a0656&oe=56C11AAA

cawatrooper9
11-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Well, now I feel old...

But happy birthday, Assassins Creed!!!

I should've started my annual series playthrough a week later, I'm on AC2 now already.

ze_topazio
11-13-2015, 05:43 PM
8 years, they grow so fast. http://i.imgur.com/0k4tKRD.png

I wonder what they're going to do to celebrate the series 10th anniversary.

VestigialLlama4
11-13-2015, 05:47 PM
I can well image in 2 years time, it will be the 100th Anniversary of the October Revolution and the Tenth Anniversary of AC1. To me it's fitting cause I think AC1 was fairly revolutionary in bringing new concepts and ideas to games.

RinoTheBouncer
11-14-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm crossing my fingers to some epic surprises for the 10th anniversary in 2017. I really hope we get something like a remastered collection for the whole Desmond Saga to the PS4. That would be just epic. I don't wanna rent the games. I wanna own them on PS4. It's a treasure not just a bunch of games that you play once and get bored of. There are endless possibilities for the remasters. They can all be 1080p/60fps, have better textures and shadows, Uplay and Trophy support for AC1, all DLC included with each and every game, all in one epic package..etc.

I'd pay any price for that, to be honest.

STDlyMcStudpants
11-14-2015, 12:02 PM
i hope the desmond collection comes next year and we get AC V for the 10th anniversary :D
AC games are the only i dont resell because i plan on replaying them all one day... just marathon them out
But playing again with prettier versions?!
This would def give me an excuse to do just that!

ACZanius
11-14-2015, 04:34 PM
If i am realistic i literally 100% expect a fully re-done Assassin's Creed I, with a completely new engine and new story stuff like Bloodlines being in to go out of my way omg lol i agree with @ RinoTheBouncer i would buy all of that if re-mastered Desmond Saga came out.

Sushiglutton
11-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Imagine that eight years ago you could visit those places in Syria, now the country is in ashes (10k people seeking asylum in Sweden/week hopefully they can find peace here!). Perhaps I'm just feeling extra depressed after the attack yesterday. However I think that it's worth remembering how AC1 was unique in the way it depicted the Middle East and its inhabitants. And that is needed more than ever now.

Selestina118
11-14-2015, 11:08 PM
Happy anniversary AC! *squishes the games* So grateful for the friends, fans and Ubi staff alike, that I've made. ^.^ It would be cool if Ubi did remaster ACI or did a bundle. Exciting times ahead in a couple of years!

RinoTheBouncer
11-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Imagine that eight years ago you could visit those places in Syria, now the country is in ashes (10k people seeking asylum in Sweden/week hopefully they can find peace here!). Perhaps I'm just feeling extra depressed after the attack yesterday. However I think that it's worth remembering how AC1 was unique in the way it depicted the Middle East and its inhabitants. And that is needed more than ever now.

I couldn't agree more.