PDA

View Full Version : Odds of SLI working for Syndicate on release date?

DreamAgainXI
11-12-2015, 09:24 PM
What would you guys say the odds of SLI support for Syndicate on the 19th are?

Matties99
11-12-2015, 09:48 PM
What would you guys say the odds of SLI support for Syndicate on the 19th are?

I'd say a 75% chance since they really optimized it for PC that's why it's the 19th and not 23th of october so yeah
Its better than unity, that's for sure :P

YazX_
11-12-2015, 11:34 PM
Well no one knows to be honest, however, you can always add SLI bits manually by trial and error or search for the best values online, i know its not the best choice but its close enough until a proper and official SLI profile released by Nvidia, i have done this alot in the past and never had a problem.

strigoi1958
11-13-2015, 02:11 AM
Usually by the time nvida gets a driver for SLI working fully.... everyone has finished playing the game and moved on. :(

YazX_
11-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Usually by the time nvida gets a driver for SLI working fully.... everyone has finished playing the game and moved on. :(

Yeah this is the sad truth IF the game doesn't get support in the first couple of days, but well to be honest, adding SLI bits manually is not that bad, i have done it lots of times in the past and games used to scale very well.

strigoi1958
11-13-2015, 03:50 PM
Yes it is such a shame there is not enough support from nvidia/ amd for those who are the best gpu customers... but with a little trial and error it is possible to make a second gpu really pay off with performance. I just dislike the fact that some games need 1 card turned off to run correctly and others get artifacts and flickering... but that can happen with a single card as well.

ex.Villain
11-13-2015, 07:07 PM

pretty much this. not to mention multi gpu causes all kinds of small issues such as stutter, flicker, framerate drop etc. i can't wait to replace my current gtx690 with one single powerful gpu. once I get that, I am never ever going back to multi GPU configuration. I 've been using SLI/Crossfire setup for 8 years now and this **** aint worth it.

Lignjoslav
11-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Yes it is such a shame there is not enough support from nvidia/ amd for those who are the best gpu customers... Well I'd expect at least Nvidia to be ready on day one, considering that this is a "Meant to Be Played" title, and that's supposed to count for something. :nonchalance:

BTW, nice to see you too, Strigoi, I haven't replied earlier, because I didn't want to go offtopic with the greetings. :)