PDA

View Full Version : Cameras of the defenders

hawk2586
11-12-2015, 04:45 PM
I'd like to hear a statement about the static camera positions of the defenders.

What I noticed in the beta was that the cameras of the defenders have always been at the same spot. So within the time everyone will learn the position of these and destroy them fast. Is there any plan to change that in the future? For example with dynamic camera places or placeable cameras by the defenders?

How will that fact be balanced later? (attackers have two moveable cams and defenders only static cams at the same spots?)
What were the thoughts of the developers when they developed the camera features?

Thank you for your time and appreciation.

GrassEh
11-13-2015, 03:27 PM
I'd like to know too.
This was part of my feedback. I was asking to add random cameras location each round to give more flexibility and awarenass of the terrain instead of just rushing eyes closed because you already know where all the cameras are.

hawk2586
11-17-2015, 03:48 PM
I'd like to know too.
This was part of my feedback. I was asking to add random cameras location each round to give more flexibility and awarenass of the terrain instead of just rushing eyes closed because you already know where all the cameras are.

And did you get feedback for your feedback? :rolleyes:

GrassEh
11-19-2015, 12:26 PM
And did you get feedback for your feedback? :rolleyes:

Never. Not even a single read receipt.

Vursoli
11-19-2015, 09:22 PM
Great points.

That would be cool if you were able to carry and place a camera up for your team. I'm not sure how it would work with balancing though, if it would be giving the defenders too much leverage in the match.

UbiInsulin
11-21-2015, 01:38 AM
Hey guys, we'll be paying a ton of attention to balance throughout the upcoming beta and after the release of the game. Map knowledge/vision is going to be a huge part of this game. Your concerns have been noted.

Patient_Fodder
11-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Hey guys, we'll be paying a ton of attention to balance throughout the upcoming beta and after the release of the game. Map knowledge/vision is going to be a huge part of this game. Your concerns have been noted.

Odd, the official statement on the purpose of the Open Beta is:
"The Open Beta will be focused primarily on testing matchmaking and online infrastructure, and as such will only feature a limited scope of the game’s content."

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-229290-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

GrassEh
11-22-2015, 02:54 PM

At least. Thanks !
I'll be there for the open beta with pleasure.

Odd, the official statement on the purpose of the Open Beta is:
"The Open Beta will be focused primarily on testing matchmaking and online infrastructure, and as such will only feature a limited scope of the game’s content."

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-229290-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Good point. But as it says, this is the "primary focus". And as Ubilnsulin said, they'll make changes after the game launch, which I hope they will of course to make this game better, more challenging and less repetitive.

Hope-Rises
11-23-2015, 06:34 AM
maybe in the future update we get 1 or 2 cam , instead of 5 to 6 cams in each map.
and there will be an operator called Hawkeye that can place up to 3 cam.
those 1 or 2 cam can be those outside cams , considering that defenders can't go outside of the building.