PDA

View Full Version : Better thinking on trophies/achievements next time please

queiros_9097
11-12-2015, 01:06 AM
If there are things that I really hate about videogames are achievements/trophies completely silly which sometimes take me away the will to do the 100% just because there is one stupid trophy which I don't want to do and I don't it doesn't make any sense like playing 500 games with vp on FIFA, killing 100 guys with one weapon, kill another 100 with another or walk n miles on an horse on Darksiders which will add 6-10 extra hours on the game...
Well, I have all the trophies in all Assassin's Creed released to date with no exception and in all of them I found some silly trophies, some glitchy and buggy trophies which screw up my scheme, but I still do them one way of another because I love Assassin's Creed and I want to 100% them all! But to be honest I just think with AC Syndicate, Ubisoft just hit rock bottom. AC Syndicate has a wide range of really funny and intersting side missions to do, but they are not awarded. Instead there are a bunch of kill x guys in x ways trophies and the worst of all: Without a Grudge where we need to destroy 5000 destructibles with your carriage. The worst trophie in Assassin's Creed history no doubt and why? Well:
1 Like I said there was a lot of cool stuff that you could award and I'm sure it would make a lot more players play the side missions and have fun with them. Since you didn't I'm sure there are plenty who won't even bother!
2 In nothing it contributes to a better game experience, it's frustrating, not pleasing and a completely waste of time.
3 There's no even a counter so we can know how much are we missing.

Since is the only one I'm left to complete the 100% I will just do it. Today I added another 30 minutes of destructing ******** to my game, but unfortunately trophy didn't popped out. Maybe tomorrow. What a shame!

queiros_9097
11-12-2015, 01:20 AM
It doesn't even makes sense to the game context. Why the hell would an assassin who should have low profile destroy the city? or steal police weagons for instance?

ze_topazio
11-12-2015, 02:01 AM
The trophies are just extra challenges, they are not supposed to make sense within the world.

queiros_9097
11-12-2015, 09:36 AM
The trophies are just extra challenges, they are not supposed to make sense within the world.

what? what you said doesn't make sense!

cawatrooper9
11-12-2015, 04:22 PM
what? what you said doesn't make sense!

How so?

Look at it this way. In film, there are two types of sound: diegetic and non-diegetic. Diegetic sound is stuff like dialogue, sound effects from sources in the film's world, and music played by characters on screen (like when Starrick plays piano). Non-diegetic is stuff like commentary or voice overs, sound effects that don't take place in the film's world, and the film's score. The difference is that diegetic sound has its origins withing the real world of the film, while non-diegetic sound does more to break the "fourth wall", I suppose- it's added to enhance the film, but it isn't something in the world of the film that the characters would be able to hear.

Similarly, stuff like story missions are representations (or, at least virtual representations) of memories that Jacob and Evie had. They're supposed to be fairly realistic. Trophies, on the other hand, are not necessarily things that Jacob and Evie really did. They're just there for fun, for you, the player.

queiros_9097
11-12-2015, 09:48 PM
How so?

Look at it this way. In film, there are two types of sound: diegetic and non-diegetic. Diegetic sound is stuff like dialogue, sound effects from sources in the film's world, and music played by characters on screen (like when Starrick plays piano). Non-diegetic is stuff like commentary or voice overs, sound effects that don't take place in the film's world, and the film's score. The difference is that diegetic sound has its origins withing the real world of the film, while non-diegetic sound does more to break the "fourth wall", I suppose- it's added to enhance the film, but it isn't something in the world of the film that the characters would be able to hear.

Similarly, stuff like story missions are representations (or, at least virtual representations) of memories that Jacob and Evie had. They're supposed to be fairly realistic. Trophies, on the other hand, are not necessarily things that Jacob and Evie really did. They're just there for fun, for you, the player.

are you really using the word: "FUN" when we're talking about trophies like Without a Grudge? Seriously?

cawatrooper9
11-12-2015, 10:01 PM
are you really using the word: "FUN" when we're talking about trophies like Without a Grudge? Seriously?

Personally, I'm not a trophy/achievement hunter at all- I don't think trophies in general tend to be fun. But people seem to enjoy doing it, so yeah, I'm sure some people think it's fun. Sorry you apparently don't, I guess.

m4r-k7
11-12-2015, 10:19 PM
That carriage trophy is pretty stupid to be honest. The trophies should be geared towards being an Assassin, not a lunatic.