11-11-2015, 10:45 PM
specs:

4670k 4.4ghz
Asrock extreme6 z97
dual MSI 280x cards
850 pro 512GB ssd
16GB 1600mhz ram

im trying the game at Ultra with 4x AA

if i run the game in normal mode the second graphics card never gets used and the first hovers around 60% usage.

after making a profile in catalyst control senter and setting crossfire mode to "optimize 1x1" i get both gpus using about 50% each and having the exact same fps. (20fps on the lunar map)

If i set crossfire mode to AFR i get double the FPS but i get the worst artifacts as shown here

http://imgur.com/LTa1aHM

So question is what can be done about this? anyone?

Also, setting the graphics lower makes very little difference on the performance.

Greebo34
11-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Hey Jed,

Got the same issue, brand new game and it doesnt seem to support XF. I have similar specs i7, anno running off an 840pro, with R9 295X2. The game happily supports my resolution 3440x1440. I'm running MED settings and its plays OK. I want to run higher settings, but one 290X aint going to cut it. The engine runs DX11 from what I gather.

From what I've read on various forums, there doesnt appear to be XF support. The game appears poorly optimised for AMD cards as well. Anno 2070 was badly supported, so I can't say I'm surprised. Anno 2070 was flickering all the time.

I tried the Optimize 1x1 and I get flickering that makes you sick looking at it.

On a side note the game itself has little depth to it. 3 temperate maps? No random map generation. This is half of what Anno 2070 was. Although the concept (the moonbase, artic zones) interests me. The few limited areas that are always the same? Going to be bored of this soon. I can see why this is getting slammed on Steam.

Regards,

Greebo

bbqR0ADK1LL
11-12-2015, 08:00 AM
It looks like the game doesn't support SLI or Crossfire. I have two GTX970s & the game only uses one.

They really should add multi-GPU support because the game doesn't run very well on a single GPU. Running at 1920X1200 at max settings, I very often drop below 60fps, even right down to 20 during the fly-through scenes when you first go to a new map or during some in-engine cutscenes. Even after dropping the view distance & AA down, I still get major framerate drops. Considering my graphics card & CPU are well above the recommended spec, I expect the game to run better or at least use the extra horsepower in my second GPU.

I'm enjoying the game but when the framerate drops below 30 my eyes start to hurt & it really ruins the experience.

jedmindtriks
11-12-2015, 12:04 PM
thanks for the replies guys. guess i will have to run the game on medium settings with 30fps for now.

kinda stupid, but oh well.

One thing i noted, is that on small mission maps with the boats, i get like 80-120fps. no lag.

And the game feels incredibly small compared to anno 2070, i guess you can take all the maps in the areas and have a huge game, but i would also love to have custom map, and like anno 2070 modded maps that are like 5 times the size of normal maps.

UbiBooma
11-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Remember to contact our support team if you run into a technical issue. It is okay (and good) to post here, but they are the most informed people on these matters and are best equipped to help you.

support.ubi.com

-Booma

Greebo34
11-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the response, Booma.

But I believe its a fundamental issue with the Anno engine. CF & SLI have been around sometime now, if a NEW game cant support these out of the box, I dont think it going to change anytime soon. Considering how LUSH the graphics are in 2070 and 2205, you need CF/SLI support. Running these game in anything higher than 1920x1200 is a stretch for ONE card ANY card. Battlefield 4 (came out 2013) runs my res. with settings on ultra and I still pump out 160fps.

I had hoped the spotty support in 2070, might have been improved with 2205. But no...

Even TOMB RAIDER 2013 uses CF and it max loads my GPUs in 3440x1440, but it looks BEAUTIFUL.

Your support is way better than Rockstar (my preference Rock****E), all I got from them was automatic replies.

Hi everyone,

Remember to contact our support team if you run into a technical issue. It is okay (and good) to post here, but they are the most informed people on these matters and are best equipped to help you.

support.ubi.com

-Booma