PDA

View Full Version : Radom Map Generator, What Am I Doing Wrong

aceymich
11-11-2015, 08:40 PM
My attempts at using the RMG have so far been unsuccessful. I am hoping that someone can tell me where I am going wrong. Here is what I have been doing:
1. Select HOMM – Editor, click Play.
2. After Editor come up, I click on Create a New Map and select New Radom Adventure Map from the menu.
3. Fill out template and click Create and Open. A Save Packages box comes up with Untitled selected and I click on Save Selected.
4. A New Folder box comes up, I give it a file name and click Save. An error box comes up telling me that I have not selected heroes/towns for player 1 or 2.
I am somehow missing the heroes/town selection step. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated…

david.m.layton
11-11-2015, 11:48 PM
3. Fill out template and click Create and Open. A Save Packages box comes up with Untitled selected and I click on Save Selected.

The prompt is asking if you want to save the initial blank map, not the random map you're about to create. Hit "Don't Save" and it should work. Just be aware generating the map can take a few minutes.

Aethelfern
11-12-2015, 08:05 AM
That's it - as David said. I also did the first "save" first tIme I used the RMG and it didn't work. Then I realized I was saving the wrong thing and it worked perfectly.

aceymich
11-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks, David and Aethelfern. You guys are the greatest. One last question: I had selected a 2 player game and they were both active (as in Hotseat). Is there a way to have one of them controlled by AI?

Thanks...

david.m.layton
11-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Thanks, David and Aethelfern. You guys are the greatest. One last question: I had selected a 2 player game and they were both active (as in Hotseat). Is there a way to have one of them controlled by AI?

Thanks...

Playing in the editor is meant just as a way to test the map. To actually "play" the game, you would want to click on the light-bulb button to "rebuild" the lighting, and then click on the button to publish the map.

Then, when you launch the game itself, you should be able to play your map with whatever player setup you want.

aceymich
11-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Excellent! Thanks again for your help...