PDA

View Full Version : Offline friend messages ....

Patient_Fodder
11-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Good Morning,

I went through the last 5 pages of threads and did not see this so if this is a double post, my apologies.

3 Points on offline messages:

1: Offline messages popups disappear too quickly, could a second or 2 be added to this timer?
2: Offline messages cannot be read back. I am not referring to a whole history, just the possibility to open the recent offline messages in a chat box would greatly be appreciated.
3: if you receive an offline message, and you open the chat box, it has no message body..

Thanks in advance.

PF & DN

RdJ1
11-11-2015, 01:58 PM
I went through the last 5 pages of threads and did not see this so if this is a double post, my apologies.

Good job, you're the first one in a long time to actually do that in this forum :P

For the rest, I never get offline messages, but if you can only see them for a couple of secs without the option of reading them back somewhere, that seems very annoying to me. Ubisoft should fix that.

Patient_Fodder
11-11-2015, 02:30 PM
: o)

It's worse, it's about a 1 sec. popup, including fading in and fading out (going Up/Down) ....

PF Logs on, "oh, a messa ..... wait whatdidthatsay?"

You may be able to catch the sender ... now wondering, what would happen when receiving offline messages of multiple friends when logging on ..... : os
Yup, I'd say someone should have a peek on what can be done/prevented.

Darknoodles
11-11-2015, 04:27 PM
When receiving a message for the first time after logging in, conversation window is still blank. Gotta open it before receiving messages to be sure to have them.

RdJ1
11-11-2015, 08:30 PM
: o)

It's worse, it's about a 1 sec. popup, including fading in and fading out (going Up/Down) ....

PF Logs on, "oh, a messa ..... wait whatdidthatsay?"

You may be able to catch the sender ... now wondering, what would happen when receiving offline messages of multiple friends when logging on ..... : os
Yup, I'd say someone should have a peek on what can be done/prevented.

Wow :D
That's really stupid...

Patient_Fodder
11-11-2015, 11:46 PM
It's called tweaking ... : o)

But Darknoodles is right, we tested it, if you receive an offline message, and you open the chat box, it has no message body.. Point 3. Thank you Darknoodles.

Patient_Fodder
11-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Any CM awake here?

Ubi-Kay
11-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Hey. Don't worry, we keep a close eye on these forums and every post is read and noted. This and some other posts with issues and feedback related to the chat system in UplayPC have been reported. Thank you.

Patient_Fodder
11-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Thanks for letting me know!

As soon as I catch Darknoodles online again we will test it again, as it seemed to me last week that something had changed.
If we find it fixed, or still bugged I'll report it here.

Patient_Fodder
11-22-2015, 07:56 PM
The offline messages are ok now, they also appear in the chatbox when opened after coming online.

Thanks for the effort and repairs!