PDA

View Full Version : [Uplay_Shop] Adding Retail Version of Anno 1701 and Anno 1404 to Uplay Account?

OkamiAmaterasu
11-11-2015, 12:49 AM
Hello:

I am a long time fan of the Anno game series, and have both Anno 1701 and Anno 1404 in retail boxes... but I can't seem to activate them through Uplay? Uplay won't recognize the CD-Key included in with the retail version of the games.

I don't think I should have to purchase another copy of the games I already own just to have them registered through Uplay, though... can I get some help with this?

P.S. - Are all the achievements I earned in Anno 1404 gone? I noticed the old "Gateway to the World" service is now offline and the online profile I had no longer works?

Ubi-Kay
11-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Hello,

No sorry it is not possible to add the retail versions of these games to Uplay PC.

As for your issue, you may wish to contact the support team (https://support.ubi.com) for help with this.

Arbaros1
03-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Is it still not possible to add the retail versions of Anno 1404 & 1701?

I have tried entering both serial codes for 1404 & 1701 with the following serial code structure:

Anno 1404: XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Anno 1701: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

As OP posted years ago, we shouldn't have to repurchase games we already bought years ago.
If a user can prove he owns the retail versions Ubisoft should at least gift said user the games on Uplay if they refuse to enable adding the retail versions.

In my opinion this is otherwise nothing more then common thievery.

Ubi-Mullac
03-06-2019, 03:53 PM
Is it still not possible to add the retail versions of Anno 1404 & 1701?

I have tried entering both serial codes for 1404 & 1701 with the following serial code structure:

Anno 1404: XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Anno 1701: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

As OP posted years ago, we shouldn't have to repurchase games we already bought years ago.
If a user can prove he owns the retail versions Ubisoft should at least gift said user the games on Uplay if they refuse to enable adding the retail versions.

In my opinion this is otherwise nothing more then common thievery.

We may be able to help you with this on our support site: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/

I won't make any promises, but we can certainly try