PDA

View Full Version : Productivity Guide

Balthoraz
11-09-2015, 09:05 PM
IN PROGRESS

Hello to all, as all of you, I always loved to maintain my industries under control, specially on production cost in order to share with global market.

Well, I was working on calculations in order to see what is better for me and with that, make a Layout for my needs and the industry. I do not know the names in english, so to prevent differences, I will do it with icons and in spanish language (my language). The costs do not include other costs like energy or logistic. Only the operative cost of the industry is included (and their modules).

For example:
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/Thokeren/bebidas_zpsabypkbmk.png
Max modules: 6
Max modules resources needed: 64
Max modules resources total cost: 2.400 credits (this is a global of the calculation of Fruit cost. Each unit of Fruit costs you 2.34 credits.

Dependency - Fruits
Ideal modules: 2
Production: 32
--------------------------------
Ideal modules: 6
Production: 48
Cost per unit: 8.59 credits.

That means, for produce this juice, you can have all modules active. But, for fruits, is better to have it with only 2 modules. The differences between 2 and 4 is 2.14 credits with 4 modules vs 2.34 credits with 2 modules as cost per unit. This save you a lot of space for only 0.20 credits of difference for unit, and with that your product is exact with 32 per each fruit you make the 64 fruits needed for the industry. And you do not have any excedent.

And this is my layout for the industry.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/Thokeren/bebidasvit_zpsqvixyil9.png

There are 2 modules for each one. fruits have 2 personnel modules and the factory have 1 personnel and 1 energy. To be honest, you do not need more modules.

I will expand with more industries.

Sedyn
11-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Looks good!

I have roughly 50 printed out pages I would refer to in 2070 for various situations, I expected people will do the same for 2205 and finally someone has started!

Omninoble
11-15-2015, 12:00 AM
Hi guys,

thx for being active and sharing your thoughts. Regarding this layout, I don't think it helps at all, because you/we don't need just 48 drinks. In the long run not only will it not save space (and maintenance) but add to them.

FoxPTGamer
11-15-2015, 02:17 PM
The layout is nice but considering the long run and the number of factories you need to go up i found out that building the fruit production in strait lines or using gaps in the map and maintain the juice factories apart in a small clousters works better regarding manage space.

I also start with a schematic for that chain production but when passing 250.000 population oh man they drink juice like there is no tomorrow :D

Balthoraz
11-20-2015, 10:26 AM
The layout is completely modular. You can maintain it straight or curve or anything else you want. You do not have to follow the road in all way. You can make it in a crossline for example.

I will add more screenshots of my production layout and work on the next one.

BTW In very big cities, is much more profitable to buy the juice from the global market. You save a lot of space and the economical difference is not very high.

The market sell each unit for 10 credits. With shipping cost (big transport) each unit cost 14 credits. Producing them yourself each juice cost you 8.59 credits following the layout. Is a bit less than the double, but you save a hugue space, ocupped by houses will produce you more money than the money you spend on the transport.

Balthoraz
11-20-2015, 11:13 AM
Okay, this time is for Rejuvenators:

Rejuvenators chain is a bit long, so I will separate the algae farms and focus on Synthcell Incubator and Rejuvenator.

REJUVENATORS
Max modules: 6
Max modules resources needed: 64 Synthcell incubator
Max modules resources total cost: 1.056 credits (this is a global of the calculation of Synthcell incubator. Each unit of it costs you 16.49 credits.

Dependency - Synthcell incubator
Ideal modules: 4
Production: 32
--------------------------------
Ideal modules: 6
Production: 64
Cost per unit: 8.07 credits.

That means, for produce each rejuvenator, you can have all modules active. But, for synthcell incubator, is better to have it with 4 modules. With that you make sure you need two Synthcell incubators for each Rejuvenator (2:1 proportion) and with that your production is exact 32 per 64. And you do not have any excedent.

And this is my layout for the industry.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/Thokeren/rejuvenators_zpsfldm72of.png

There are 5 modules for Synthcell incubator. 4 personnel modules and 1 energy module. For the Biomedical laboratory there are 4 personnel modules. For supply this chain you need 1 Algae farm fully upgraded (with all algae beds) they supply 64 algaes (32 for each Synthcell incubator).

I will expand with more industries.

Omninoble
11-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Ok so let me mention an example.
Let's say my cities need 704 (11*64) Rejuvenators. If I use max modules I need 11 Rejuv factories and 16 Synthcell Incubators, for a total of 11*500+16*680=16380 maintenance. I also need 11*21*10+16*23*5= 4150 space (counting also any small holes from rejuv factories)

On the other hand, if I use 11 of your layouts I need 11*1540 = 16940 maintenance and 11*27*15 = 4455 (I did not count the extra modules in bottom).

What you might want to do is come up with layouts that use max modules. This seems hard because the numbers are so weird and the least common multiple of the productions of these two buildings (64 and 44) is 704 to begin with, so it might not be worth it. I don't know for other products.

Phantom2070
11-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Why do you think the drone modules are worth the space?

Gonanda
11-25-2015, 09:14 PM
Okay, this time is for Rejuvenators:

Rejuvenators chain is a bit long, so I will separate the algae farms and focus on Synthcell Incubator and Rejuvenator.

Excellent! Outstanding! Really! PLEASE, don't stop! Just keep going! Very, very useful for me!

Kunamashina
12-06-2015, 10:16 PM
I am just amazed at this guy's imagination, determination and calculation.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/jcwd.gif

Looking forward to your future work. Please keep it up, very well done once more!

Love the simplicity and graphics of new Anno :D

Kunamashina
03-14-2016, 08:27 PM
I have been tinkering a little bit around the industry chains :) so here are few to share with the ANNO community

IntelliWear:
http://i.imgur.com/kGrHt9O.jpg

Balthoraz
04-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Hello guys, after having Anno 2205 parked for a long time, with the release of Tundra I decided to get the game again. Now, updating them with the new Tundra features. I do not know at all how profitable will be the Tundra release (It makes you x2 production and x2 maintenance costs, but to that you have to add operative costs of that industry and shipping costs).

So what industry is better? 2 Industries or 1 industry with Tundra building? If you have a lack of space of course, should be good to place Tundra Building, if not, Tundra Building will increase a lot your product cost.

Let's see the differences:
I choose this random product just for the example, so we will do this example with Bioresin. it require Biocatalysts, so let's get to work.

We create one industry of Bioresin using my layout:
https://i.gyazo.com/f7648448435b31a0ac20306448e999b4.png

The modules I add are 5 Energy Maintenance, so they need only 20 energy. Now, we produce 70 Bioresin. The maintenance are 400 credits.
That means, for each Bioresin we have to spend 5,71 Credits. If do not add energy cost and logistics because it depends the power supply you are using and the distance of the logistic building.

Let's see now what happens if we add the Biocatalysts:
Biocatalysts as we know can be only produced on Tundra. I will assume you import energy from another region, so the modules I will addd are based all on Workforce Maintenance. So, a full upgraded Bioreactor produces you 40 Biocatalysts, but their maintenance is up to 1200 credits.
To this, we have to add that they need Bioresin and Moss. So the costs will increase a lot.

That means, is really a good feature to add biocatalysts to your production? To be honest, for me, it is not good to make it, the x2 production and x2 costs increase a lot your maintenance cost of anything you want to boost with them.

Or am I missing something?

VladimirDDS
08-31-2016, 10:14 AM
Hi, this is my layout, maybe someone like it.
http://s05.radikal.ru/i178/1608/71/ef655632ac7f.png (http://radikal.ru/big/b12c2ac256324e7ebfa92256d360ed78)

mohsenalireza
11-24-2018, 10:29 AM
thank you