PDA

View Full Version : That much spam...

Arkmuth
11-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Just for info, but nothing can be done with that huge amount of spam posts in these forums???

7 pages this time, for god's sake....

murphdawg1
11-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Just for info, but nothing can be done with that huge amount of spam posts in these forums???

No kidding. If they want some extra people to help keep their forums clean I'd be willing to help out.

Dead1y-Derri
11-09-2015, 06:11 PM
No kidding. If they want some extra people to help keep their forums clean I'd be willing to help out.

Sadly I don't know if more mods are the answer because the Ubi forums all get spammed, not just the FH ones. I know at one point the Ubi forums used to have a spam defence that if you made more than 10 posts in 10 minutes that you would be auto banned, thus limiting the amount a spambot could post. However too many regular forum goers used to caught up in it. I myself got caught up in it about 2 or 3 times, all because I was a quick poster.

UbiBooma
11-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

We have pretty good forum coverage by mods but it's also a crazy time of the year. I was doing mod work for the RB6 Siege technical test this weekend as well as Anno 2205 mostly because they had insanely high levels of forum activity. Many of us as mods, reps, CMs are working several Ubi forums. I will make sure to check more frequently here so you guys don't have to get drowned in spam though! It also seems like another mod already deleted all of it so thanks to whoever that was. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

-Booma

Arkmuth
11-11-2015, 02:47 PM
There is 'something', what about capchas? Force users to enter a capcha until you have lets say 50 posts? That would stop what I saw the other day :(

(the forum is slow when the most interesting topic I see is my own post about spam XD )

Dez_troi_aR
11-12-2015, 03:23 PM

Thank you !
Rly spoils the fun

bitebug2003
11-12-2015, 05:13 PM
There is 'something', what about capchas? Force users to enter a capcha until you have lets say 50 posts? That would stop what I saw the other day :(

(the forum is slow when the most interesting topic I see is my own post about spam XD )

Capcha isn't really a fair system for everyone.

We try our best to get to the spam as soon as possible, taking into account the different time-zones and other commitments it isn't always possible.

UbiBooma
11-12-2015, 10:00 PM
^^

DraxeI
11-13-2015, 10:16 PM
Capcha isn't really a fair system for everyone.

I think the latest reCaptcha systems aren't too much of a hassle compared to how it was before. If it only triggers after posting several times within a reasonable time frame then that wouldn't be too harsh on the average user and it would (hopefully) filter away those massive spam attacks.

It just feels unfitting to have these walls of bizarre advertisement on an official forum.

MisterWillow
11-13-2015, 11:09 PM
What about only having it apply to creating new threads?

I haven't seen many (if any) spam posts within existing 'legit' threads; the spam here seems to be exclusive to a bot creating new threads specifically for spam, so why not limit the number of threads one can create in a period of time (3-5 in an hour for example) before having to enter a Captcha (or something similar) to make new ones after that?

bitebug2003
11-14-2015, 01:22 AM
This was posted a while back by the Assassin's Creed UK Community Manager when similar question/ideas were put forward

As posted before - the forum admin team, are investigating methods of stopping this - however due to the way they do this, anything we do will likely impact every user, this is unavoidable - so they are being careful about it and taking their time about what they put in place.

We have several anti spam measures all ready in place and working, however since these spammers are people - they can find ways round [or simply answer the Capchas to post, which is in place for new users]

During E3 we are pulling in some more moderators, so hopefully during the times these people are available - the forums should be spam free

And most recently by Ubisoft's NCSA Community Representative

Here's the thing about Spam. It is ever changing. Not only are there bots there are real people and it exists on virtually every internet site. We do our best to delete it when it gets through and we do have systems in place. We will never detail them to you because like I said some of the spammers are real people who can read.

That being said, if you do see spam please know we will be deleting as quickly as possible so please be patient.

Thanks

Hopefully this clarifies things.

I'll go ahead and close this now.