PDA

View Full Version : Saw this article. Some modern day Feedback.

Dome500
11-09-2015, 02:46 PM
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-the-present-day-story-so-far/

Where does the story go from here? Nowhere it seems based on Syndicate. Thanks again Ubisoft.
I mean seriously, no offense but, bring back a character like Desmond. This whole "you are the modern day protagonist" is bulls**t if you ask me.

I understand some people don't like Modern Day. Fine, but the way I see it there are only 3 options from here:

1. Drop Modern Day completely
2. Continue Modern Day but make it more interesting (with a real storyline and a real protagonist)
3. Let the player choose at the beginning of the game if they want the Modern Day stuff or not.

Modern Day being in the game was never a reason for anyone to NOT buy the game, while at the same time the LACK of quality modern day content was a reason for more than one or two people to not buy it.

Why don't you plan the series in Modern Day storyarcs. Every Modern Day character (like Desmond) has a storyarc reaching across a "generation" of Assassins Creed games, which can be anything between 3 and 5 games (Desmond had 5). After those 3 - 5 games the storyarc concludes and a new modern day protagonist is chosen with his or her own modern day story reaching across another 3 - 5 games, and so on. A good formula if you ask me.

cawatrooper9
11-09-2015, 04:32 PM
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-the-present-day-story-so-far/

Where does the story go from here? Nowhere it seems based on Syndicate. Thanks again Ubisoft.

I get that you'd prefer to have a playable MD section, but the argument that nothing happens in Syndicate MD is simply ridiculous. It might be (and probably is) applicable to Unity, but Syndicate advanced the plot forward quite a lot.

It's fine if you want to argue that you didn't like where the plot went in Syndicate- but to say that it went "nowhere" just makes me think that you haven't even played the game yet.

Danny_rx7
11-09-2015, 07:10 PM
@Dome500

Those Present Day ~30 minutes from AC Syndicate (cutscenes + reconstructed data) are far better and more important than ones from Black Flag, Rogue and Unity together. So, Ubi did a good job. (not great ofc)
But I agree, they really need to implement / bring back Present Day gameplay in next games. Galina, Gavin, Shaun, Rebecca, I don't care, just bring it back.

VestigialLlama4
11-09-2015, 07:18 PM
@Dome500

Those Present Day ~30 minutes from AC Syndicate (cutscenes + reconstructed data) are far better and more important than ones from Black Flag, Rogue and Unity together. So, Ubi did a good job. (not great ofc)
But I agree, they really need to implement / bring back Present Day gameplay in next games. Galina, Gavin, Shaun, Rebecca, I don't care, just bring it back.

It's actually 10 minutes but if they felt like 30 mins to you it was obviously substantial.

The only real way AC can do MD is to make a full game around it, any other way will always be disappointing.

Danny_rx7
11-09-2015, 07:28 PM
No.

Here:

Cutscenes 10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVC3ynQgO8Y

Reconstructed data 16+ minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGIAwsBgqKw

As I said: Cutscenes + Reconstructed data files = ~30min. ;)

I-Like-Pie45
11-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Modern Day is dead, n' it ain't ever comin' back.

pacmanate
11-09-2015, 11:33 PM
1. Drop Modern Day completely
2. Continue Modern Day but make it more interesting (with a real storyline and a real protagonist)

This 100%. I mentioned this before Syndicate released. I loved MD with a protagonist, but I HATE it being a cinematic, I don't feel invested at all in the MD anymore, couldn't give a crap, there's no reason to.

As someone who loved MD in the Desmond Saga those 2 options are the only ones. I am not against it going away but I am against it dragging me out the game for a cutscene not relevant to my protags story or not relevant really to... anything.

Xstantin
11-10-2015, 12:28 AM
1. Drop it

it's been dead for some time anyway