PDA

View Full Version : Two fun experiences I had in QMB

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Well, I got the ole 'puter working again. So i reinstalled FB and did some time in the QMB.

I was having fun doing ground attacks in the quick, especially when I found the 2xVAP-250 loadout for the IL-2 (I took out 12 vehicles in one drop with that mofo), and then I said, "hey, the Me-262 was used for ground attack sometimes . . . )

so I set up a ground attack with the 262, the target being armor.

I make a couple of passes at a convoy, the 30's are really eating them up, but on one pass, I stay in attack mode for a second to long, and I don't quite pull out. I'm in my cockpit, and I see a message that says 'engine inoperable.' The next thing I see is my left engine go spiralling up, over to the other side of my plane, and then down. I then flew to the nearest airbase and successfully landed. I save the track, maybe I'll post screenies of the engine from inside the cockpit.

Other fun thing is this: I'm playing I-153 vs TB-3, with one of me and 4 of them.

I'm flying the varient with 4 mg's, and eight rockets. I make a few passes, I'm really enjoying how all the black flecks are flying off the big bombers, and eventually how this causes fires and destruction and whatnot.

After I knock one down, I make a pass on the lead bomber from his eight O'clock, and I loose airelone control without doing much damage. Not to worry, with rudder control I bring it back around so I am behind the formation of three bombers. I chase the tail one down, guns blazing, but do no serious damage so I let him have a couple rockets. I'm just to his right, and I blow his left wing off, so he sprirals right. I successfully dodge his suddenly moving right wing (this was close) and begin firing at the next bomber. My engine has taken a few hits and I'm loosing speed, but I am still going about 300 km/h. Again, my guns don't cripple the bird, so I let him have some rockets. I am again behind and a little to the right of this bomber (my gunfire was trying to ignite his right engines), but this time my rockets knock his right wing off. The bomber rolls right . . . as I am passing it on the right, and I wind up loosing my left wing to it's tail and then spiraling into its cockpit. Firey mahem!

Man, I love this game.

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Well, I got the ole 'puter working again. So i reinstalled FB and did some time in the QMB.

I was having fun doing ground attacks in the quick, especially when I found the 2xVAP-250 loadout for the IL-2 (I took out 12 vehicles in one drop with that mofo), and then I said, "hey, the Me-262 was used for ground attack sometimes . . . )

so I set up a ground attack with the 262, the target being armor.

I make a couple of passes at a convoy, the 30's are really eating them up, but on one pass, I stay in attack mode for a second to long, and I don't quite pull out. I'm in my cockpit, and I see a message that says 'engine inoperable.' The next thing I see is my left engine go spiralling up, over to the other side of my plane, and then down. I then flew to the nearest airbase and successfully landed. I save the track, maybe I'll post screenies of the engine from inside the cockpit.

Other fun thing is this: I'm playing I-153 vs TB-3, with one of me and 4 of them.

I'm flying the varient with 4 mg's, and eight rockets. I make a few passes, I'm really enjoying how all the black flecks are flying off the big bombers, and eventually how this causes fires and destruction and whatnot.

After I knock one down, I make a pass on the lead bomber from his eight O'clock, and I loose airelone control without doing much damage. Not to worry, with rudder control I bring it back around so I am behind the formation of three bombers. I chase the tail one down, guns blazing, but do no serious damage so I let him have a couple rockets. I'm just to his right, and I blow his left wing off, so he sprirals right. I successfully dodge his suddenly moving right wing (this was close) and begin firing at the next bomber. My engine has taken a few hits and I'm loosing speed, but I am still going about 300 km/h. Again, my guns don't cripple the bird, so I let him have some rockets. I am again behind and a little to the right of this bomber (my gunfire was trying to ignite his right engines), but this time my rockets knock his right wing off. The bomber rolls right . . . as I am passing it on the right, and I wind up loosing my left wing to it's tail and then spiraling into its cockpit. Firey mahem!

Man, I love this game.

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 12:54 PM
If you havent already tried it,i highly recommend Uberdemons mission generator.Ever since i got it ive never gone back to the QMB,it takes a bit of getting used too but once you get the hang of it the scenario possibilities are endless...its like a whole new game

<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/261003-smiley_skull_du182-l.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 05:18 PM
Ok, I'm not the newest guy on the block but still pretty shiney....

What are these proggies you refer to?

I have UQMG and FB_Mission Control. I haven't installed either of them yet. There is so much 3rd party stuff to look at.

Thanks for the help.
Duff4r

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 06:08 PM
UQMG is the best thing to happen to FB since the patch ! I think it should be part of the software that comes with the game . 1C Maddox should put Uberdemon on their payrole . After I installed his UQMG , I never went back to the QMB . It's THAT good !!

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_trapper.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-26-2003, 10:31 PM
Is it easy to use or fiddly?

--
http://www.mindspring.com/~mulsannemike/sig4.jpg