PDA

View Full Version : [Important] Bring back multiple profile save - Gamers request to Ubisoft

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-09-2015, 06:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/muYuxhc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YTF7qg6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/388hLkZ.jpg

why remove the option? there weren't hurting anyone, in FC 4 there's multiple choices, why can't i have multiple saves as FC 3 and play both ?
why should i delete my old progression in the first place? this is just non sense from ubisoft, first it was watch dogs, then AC and FC, it was much easier before,
as i said, why remove something that was working for everyone ? infact in ACU, there's no new game option at all!! , you have to delete it and restart the game.
the same thing can be said for their crappy update system, before they used to give installers, now they update via uplay and delete the files.
it was much simpler to archive the update installers for future updates for those with low internet speeds,
as ACU had 9Gb update and FC 4 had 14 GB, you know how its annoying that if you move the game or uninstall it of low space?
it asks to download the 14 gigs of update everytime.

I'm not much of a programmer, but I see no reason why this would be at all difficult to implement. A few lines plus the placement of the button.

If save clicked = Save1Button

Load "save1.save"
End if
If save clicked = Save2Button

Load "save2.save"
End if

It isn't that hard to implement a proper save system. Just give those options:

[Overwrite existing save (click on existing save file)]
[Create new save]
[Load save file]
[Delete save]

Automatic save also isn't that hard. Save automatically at specific milestones and let it display as such:
"auto save YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm"

Every game these days has the option to create multiple saves, we're paying a premium to play these games, atleast give us the option to play the game 2nd time around without deleting our enter old progress.

strigoi1958
11-09-2015, 03:29 PM
you can easily go into your savedgame folder in the ubisoftlauncher folder and rename folder 720 to something like 720a it will restart a fresh game but any time you want to play the old game... rename the current 720 folder 720b and rename 720a back to 720.

I know some people are bothered about this... I'm not sure how many... maybe not enough to consider worthwhile but it is an option. I don't see it as a necessity but it might suit some people... besides the method I mentioned would take less effort than you've put into making this post ;) anyway Ubisoft may well put it back in... in future games. I can remember games that I could save as many times as I liked by pressing the quick save button every few seconds... and when games started being released without quick saves meaning we had to restart a level or from a certain point it caused a bit of irritation but it is accepted as normal now.

OldDogDavis
11-10-2015, 11:19 AM
you can easily go into your savedgame folder in the ubisoftlauncher folder and rename folder 720 to something like 720a it will restart a fresh game but any time you want to play the old game... rename the current 720 folder 720b and rename 720a back to 720.

I know some people are bothered about this... I'm not sure how many... maybe not enough to consider worthwhile but it is an option. I don't see it as a necessity but it might suit some people... besides the method I mentioned would take less effort than you've put into making this post ;) anyway Ubisoft may well put it back in... in future games. I can remember games that I could save as many times as I liked by pressing the quick save button every few seconds... and when games started being released without quick saves meaning we had to restart a level or from a certain point it caused a bit of irritation but it is accepted as normal now.

i want in the game client 2 Buttons called "rename 720 to 720a" and "rename 720 to 720b" :cool:

naumaan
11-10-2015, 07:30 PM
My vote is for the thread .. plz ubisoft . It will save us (your costumers) a lot of trouble

But then if it did not happen in the syndicate then i believe the entry after two years will have it .. but i hope for the best

wichking
11-10-2015, 08:25 PM
i would love multiple saves aswell. Was anoying to rename it always for far cry and ac unity

Jessigirl2013
11-11-2015, 11:08 AM
I agree :rolleyes:

Multiple saves IMO wont be difficult to implement <---- then again I'm not a game dev so I don't know.:rolleyes:

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-12-2015, 03:01 PM

everything makes sense now.....

@ anyrate, you dont buy a product broken or unfinished product and make the customers work a way around it, mutiple saves were always a feature of all games until ubisoft decided to double dip.

strigoi1958
11-12-2015, 05:05 PM
it is not broken or unfinished ... it is just not designed to YOUR specification...

All you had to write was "I prefer it when games have multiple saves and I wish future games do have multiple slots"

I have no preference either way but many here would like it so it seems popular... so no need to be negative.

I personally see no reason to play multiple plays of the same game at the same time. I play, finish, backup my save folder and replay..... however, I'm sure some people are not computer literate enough to be able to do that... but some people prefer multiple slots so that they can play 1 slot while their family or friends play the other slots.

if it is just to go back to a certain point and replay then we can use the memories to do that and complete 100% and get the achievements.... so there really is no NEED for multiple save slots, but some people would like them....

I think YazX made a program that backed up save folders and so maybe that could always be used to reload saves.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-12-2015, 05:13 PM
personally see no reason to play multiple plays of the same game at the same time. I play, finish, backup my save folder and replay..... however, I'm sure some people are not computer literate enough to be able to do that... but some people prefer multiple slots so that they can play 1 slot while their family or friends play the other slots.

if it is just to go back to a certain point and replay then we can use the memories to do that and complete 100% and get the achievements.... so there really is no NEED for multiple save slots, but some people would like them....

I think YazX made a program that backed up save folders and so maybe that could always be used to reload saves.

again, you're just being naive is all.

i don't want to delete my save in order to play a new game with different choices, i shouldnt have to backup a file manually when it was already an option to play a new game via 2nd save. you can praise ubisoft for all they are at the end if they day, you're just being cognitiveley dissonant, and you'll come back here saying all the things as a user should do instead of looking the other way around for once.

as i said, it all makes sense of you now.

RVSage
11-12-2015, 06:08 PM
This complain box, I don't see how the game is unfinished. Many other guys in the industry do the same. /just because , it does not have a feature you want? Does it mean it is incomplete? Just because nvidia's drivers causes an issue, does it mean ubi is at fault? Yet another internet mob guy right here.,
It is basically to discourage members of family or friends group from using multiple saves , to play the same game for the price of one, Which is fair enough .

strigoi1958
11-13-2015, 02:23 AM
again, you're just being naive is all.

i don't want to delete my save in order to play a new game with different choices, i shouldnt have to backup a file manually when it was already an option to play a new game via 2nd save. you can praise ubisoft for all they are at the end if they day, you're just being cognitiveley dissonant, and you'll come back here saying all the things as a user should do instead of looking the other way around for once.

as i said, it all makes sense of you now.

and again you're showing immaturity by resorting to personal attack... but carry on it's the quickest way to a ban. :)

It's called progress. These games are made as they are.... the previous games were made as they were. If you like the features in a previous game you can replay those games, if you would like those features in future games, then asking if they can be re-introduced would be intelligent, coming here and deriding the company and making defamatory statements and expecting them to bow to you is ....the epitome of naivety. :(

sheby1911
11-13-2015, 03:17 AM
Multiple saves? I approve ;)

YazX_
11-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Guys please, if you don't agree with the OP or if the OP doesnt agree with you then there is no need for personal attacks, everyone is free to express his own opinion even if it doesn't fall under everyone's taste, and you can always use ignore members feature by going to Settings (top right) --> My Account (Scroll down on left menu) --> Edit Ignore List, please refrain.

Thanks