PDA

View Full Version : November Featured Builder: RaketeAal397

Redlynx_Shogun
11-06-2015, 06:17 PM
November is here Riders, and with it comes turkey & football (at least for our American riders) but more importantly there's a new Featured Builder. Stepping up to the podium this time around is Benny, or as you all know him, RaketeAal397. You might recall he crushed the Halloween Homework Challenge last month, but heís got so much more to offer than just pumpkin head transplants in the Xbox One Track Central catalog. So grab yourself a drink and settle in for a minute with this monthís Featured Builder.

Username: RaketeAal397
Name: Benny
Platform: Xbox One

What was your first Trials game?

Trials Evolution. I played HD only once when I visited a friend.

Of all the tracks youíve built, which one is your favorite?

Maybe The Lab? I still love the atmosphere I created there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzL4pksaRFI

What is your favorite track from another builder?

One track are you kidding me?!? I canít even name my one favorite builder but I still remember which track made me start building. It was Stargate HR-2 by HanfRay in Trials Evolution. As I saw it I thought "What? You can do that with this editor?Ē and went right to the editor and well... stayed there. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyRUdbzDPw0

How would you describe your building philosophy or style?

397 XD! I donít know, I just build and test it until itís challenging, fun to play and looking / sounding good. I always try to not have it look like thereís a ramp just lying on the floor, but connect as much as possible to the entire track. First I always build an obstacle and test it, change it, test it until I think itís perfect. Then I try to build around it so it all makes sense for it to be there. After that I setup the lighting to have it lit all through building and testing the track. If you build the whole drive line you will almost be able to play it with your eyes closed and you can overlook visibility issues of the rider or drive line especially when you build a dark track and add the lighting in the end. Then I add decoration to it. When I think itís long enough, I play it until I find something I think needs to be added and repeat until... well... it's finished :D

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/RaketeAal397-1_225982.jpg

What makes a custom track stand out to you?

Something special in any way like an awesome theme / atmosphere or some tricky elements like in almost every GSatchmO track. I also love when thereís something unconventional like Parkerís Evolution by TO5 or The Platform Challenge by Lukeyy19. It has to challenge me somehow but let me beat it in the end. A track should be fun to play and take you to another world.

Do you have any advice for other custom track builders?

Do what you want. The editor is a tool for your creativity, have fun with it! For Trials tracks: Donít build something you canít beat with a perfect run. I think this doesnít necessarily apply to ninja tracks, but you should always be able to pass the obstacles consistently to ensure a good speed run. Test it over and over and over again for glitches in the drive line or animations or whatever. And build a world for the player to drown in.

Donít forget to sleep, to eat or to feed the fish.
Keep yourself hydrated.
Save regularly.
Have fun.
397 ;D

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/RaketeAal397-2_225983.jpg

Rudemod 69
11-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Congrats to Rakete on the November Featured Builder. Easily in my top 5 builders on Bone.

KALzzone8
11-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Awesome lineup for tracks this month! Really like the creative and artistic look of the tracks. Rakete has one of the best atmospheres and lighting in his tracks, well deserved!

Playing the track "397 - the Heretic" was especially an impressive experience. :)

Z-Beeblebrox
11-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Nice selection for sure, really cool atmospheres. Enjoyed the ones I've played so far... but been too busy to play Trials as much as I need to recently though. :cool:

TheSlimReeper
11-07-2015, 11:18 PM
Congratulations on the pick, nice themes and a cool first person perspective map as a bonus. Good job.

NicholasBBB
11-08-2015, 07:23 AM
For sure a great pick, Rakete is a very creative builder. :D Love the tracks!

funktastic-
11-08-2015, 03:59 PM
This builders is for me one of those people who can take what we all want to achieve in our tracks decor and actually manage to pull it off. The creative fantasy theme they adopt in many of thier tracks is what i find very satisfying and enjoyable. Many builders try to vamp up their art to a fantastical world of fairy s and demons or that other world so to speak but just don't manage too including my self. I find this builder owns the scene on weird and wonderful and i do wonder if they are actually insane ha ha ha. This whole feature gave me a glimpse of my youth and days of raving and long downers the next day.:p

I would hazrad a guess that this line of work is maybe thier career , or some art form anyhow , if not it should be. You cant just sculpt robin hood from building a long while , there definitely is talent on a major scale here. As for the dls in the tracks , who cares how good or tricky they are , i didnt care about any time in them , all i wanted to do is watch and enjoy. The decor and atmospere alone in these tracks are just epic. Dam i would thumbs up every single track by just watching.

Anyone who builds knows how hard it is to sculpt , create an atmosphere so to manage to create a sculpture a lookalike robinhood ( it evens as neck muscles ) or in one track it looks like mosses and some kid lol but seriously , amazing work. I dont mind sayin it , i shall be robbing some ideas off these babies.

Sometimes we see awesome tracks and think " yeah man cool track , i could of built it " , Then sometimes we see and awesome tracks and think " Yea man thats awsome , there aint a cat in hells chance im going to be ever to create something like that

Most of this features tracks from decor to orinality and creativeness is one of those " no cat in hells chances "

Absolute brilliant , outstanding work thank you for creating them for us to play and enjoy.

V8 JEDI
11-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Contender for Best Featured drop yet!
397 is one of the most consistently brilliant builder out there.
His themes & the atmosphere he creates are always top notch!
But for me it's the creativity in some of the obstacles he comes up with that is so impressively unique.

Well deserved & long overdue.
Congrats 397... (Can I call you Benny? It's so much easier to spell than RaketeAal397) ;)

Ozy Be
11-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Bravo... well deserved Rakete,
Creativity and atmospheres second to none!
Great feature, thanks RL:)

RaketeAal397
11-09-2015, 04:55 PM
hey thanks all for the kind words, i really appreciate it. @funk no it's not my career, I've just done creative things since i was a kid, building lego, drawing, making music and this editor brings it all together but thx for your words ;) @jedi sure you can call me with my real name ;) and thx for mentioning the trials aspect as well since its always half of the work for me ;)
397 <3 u all ;D

RaketeAal397
11-09-2015, 05:01 PM
and thx to RL for the feature and the awesome stream, i didn't know it was gonna be a stream about me i was a bit confused as i read my "name" above the stream lol was amazing seeing you play all my work.

VEGASTRASH
11-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Had to chime in on this one. Impressed throughout the builds. The decor is obviously a step above, but the drivelines were equally strong. Addictive, well thought out lines. Everything great trials tracks are about were shown here.
The ninja track was maybe one of the best I've played. Decor, line...a step above. The other one that stood out was going up the waterfall and using the lava to add motion to the otherwise dull water effects. Very immersive themes.
Thanks for the tracks.

RaketeAal397
11-10-2015, 05:24 PM
thanks mr trash, highly appreciated ;)

bakum4tsu
11-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Awesome tracks indeed. Congrats man!!

RaketeAal397
11-13-2015, 02:13 PM