PDA

View Full Version : Will Assassin's Creed Syndicate support DirectX12?

poomz55160
11-06-2015, 06:11 AM
Will Assassin's Creed Syndicate support DirectX12?

YazX_
11-06-2015, 11:58 PM
No one knows and i don't guarantee an answer for this question because to be honest it is too early now, in my personal opinion DX12 is a complete new API, so it will take a while to get to know this new API and porting from DX11.

Going4Quests
11-07-2015, 05:08 PM
Well, we know that Ubisoft develops the game on Windows 10 also, so at least we can be sure it wont give issues. (some new things dont work on Windows 10 properly, like the Unity app on Mobile, RIP)

Jessigirl2013
11-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Well, we know that Ubisoft develops the game on Windows 10 also, so at least we can be sure it wont give issues. (some new things dont work on Windows 10 properly, like the Unity app on Mobile, RIP)

Haha:rolleyes:

I think I heard somewhere it could have partial support? But I doubt it will have any support IMO as DX12 was released after they started developing it.
If it does then I guess that's another bonus for PC users.:rolleyes:

MISFITSWITCH
03-16-2016, 10:36 AM
It has DX12 now. It has a huge improvement over 11.

TaylorBlakeH
03-16-2016, 02:37 PM
It has DX12 now. It has a huge improvement over 11.

I just commented on your original thread about this; this is NOT accurate. Your VRAM is not stacking; Ubisoft just didn't properly account for multi-GPU configurations in the VRAM calculation. This title is DirectX 11; it is NOT DirectX 12. I'll quote my post on your thread below:

What are you talking about??

This game does NOT support DX12. The fact that they display double your VRAM in SLI setups indicates that they have improperly accounted for VRAM distribution in SLI, not that they have implemented DX12 where VRAM. You have 4 GB of VRAM available for usage, no more. Syndicate is just doubling what you're actually using to show it reflecting across both of your cards.

I had 2 x 970's in SLI for this title too until recently, I replaced them with a 980 Ti. The 970's could not play this title at 1440p; the VRAM would cap at 4 GB and things would start stalling. In fact, it took Ubisoft more than three months to get SLI working at all; I guess you stated playing this game at just the right time because gratitude is the last thing I'd have toward Ubisoft and their SLI implementation in this game, even though it was FINALLY fixed.

GTA V does the same thing; it shows double your VRAM if you have multiple GPU's, but the RAM is not stacking. Trust me, Ubisoft is not this benevolent! Save your gratitude for the first actual big DX12 title that properly uses DX12's multi-adapter. Run any monitoring tool and you'll see that "D#D11" is reporting your frame rate, meaning a DX11 title is running and you'll see your VRAM as 4 GB, not 8 GB. And where Syndicate says you are using 7 GB of VRAM in the menu, you'll see you're actually using 3.5 GB.

In fact, you say it has a "huge improvment" over 11... I'm not exactly sure what you see. This game barely runs any better than Unity performance wise and yet it looks worse and has less to render. In what way does its optimization imply it's using DirectX 12 and that it is "improved" in any way?

I'm not trying to bash you; we all make mistakes. But man, at least try to ensure facts are facts before making statements. It's one thing if you're clearly stating an opinion for advertising such. But you wrote Ubisoft a thank you letter for making this game DirectX 12 and you just corrected three other user's who are more informed than you are, one even a MODERATOR WHO CAN PROGRAM, to say that this title is DX12 and it isn't. Not in any way whatsoever. You could have read Ubisoft's specs and seen that it's DX11, you could have seen all of the Windows 7 and 8 users running this game where DX12 can't even run, or you could have simply looked at the DX DLL files in the game directory and seen that it's a DX11 title.

Be careful before you put yourself out there in the future. Especially when you end up overriding or correcting moderators who know a lot more than you (referring to Yaz_X). I would be surprised if you don't get double-roasted by him or someone else for this.

TaylorBlakeH
03-16-2016, 02:43 PM
The only reason I consider the possibility that there might be a SLIGHT chance this game gets a DX12 update, is because there's not going to be another AC this year, other devs are releasing DX12 updates for other games, and it would be a chance for them to get possibly more people who have given up on Ubisoft in the past on the PC platform to go buy the game if they haven't already, allowing them more sales throughout a period of no new release. I'd LOVE to replay this game with higher frame rates on my new 144 Hz G-SYNC monitor if they did.

But I genuinely doubt they'll be doing such an update. I haven't heard any mention of them doing it elsewhere and as Jessi said, even though DX12 actually was released and available for devs prior to the game's release, it was far too close and this game was already developed and forgotten about by the time DX12 was hitting mainstream and some devs started using it. I'd like to think that the next AC title will use DX12 as well, but I have doubts as about that as well, even though they have an extra year to facilitate it this time around.

Remember though, DX12 provides zero visual improvements over DX11; the key will be performance, but even that is ONLY if devs actually take advantage of the lower level API and do some optimization. Just making a title "DX12" alone is not enough to be worthwhile....

Going4Quests
03-16-2016, 09:00 PM
I'm hoping the next game will have DX12.. But it waits to be seen as AC is based upon Sony's PlayStation as a focus.. :(

Jessigirl2013
03-16-2016, 09:46 PM
I'm hoping the next game will have DX12.. But it waits to be seen as AC is based upon Sony's PlayStation as a focus.. :(

Any idea why?

Going4Quests
03-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Phil Spencer from Xbox says that Sony is paying developers for exclusives. Ubisoft gladly accepts money from Sony.

Jessigirl2013
03-19-2016, 12:53 PM
Phil Spencer from Xbox says that Sony is paying developers for exclusives. Ubisoft gladly accepts money from Sony.

As long as they eventually export the DLC that's exclusive to other platforms I don't care.

At least playstation doesn't get AC first.... for now...:confused: