PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm this possible problem?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:25 PM
In online dogfight mode, fly the Yak-3 on final approach, set pitch to full fine (ie max rpm) and close the throttle. Do the engine sound and manifold pressure fall as expected (and in v1.0)?

Fly the I-153 under the same scenario. Again, do the engine sound and manifold pressure fall as expected (and in v1.0)?

With the Yak-3, if I close the throttle, the manifold pressure doesn't fall and therefore neither does the engine power.

With the I-153 as a comparison, the engine power falls as it should.

Message Edited on 08/15/0310:31PM by dlian

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:25 PM
In online dogfight mode, fly the Yak-3 on final approach, set pitch to full fine (ie max rpm) and close the throttle. Do the engine sound and manifold pressure fall as expected (and in v1.0)?

Fly the I-153 under the same scenario. Again, do the engine sound and manifold pressure fall as expected (and in v1.0)?

With the Yak-3, if I close the throttle, the manifold pressure doesn't fall and therefore neither does the engine power.

With the I-153 as a comparison, the engine power falls as it should.

Message Edited on 08/15/0310:31PM by dlian

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:37 PM
I second that. A number of planes run at high RPM and high power, even at closed throttle.

<div align=center>http://www.members.shaw.ca/fennec/plane.jpg </div><font size=-9>

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Noticed the same thing In p47 & FW P39 AND many others

throttling down dosent slow the engine but if you set 0 pp is will throttle down but dosent lose much speed

Makes landings very interesting

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ-M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</font>

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1059752328.jpg </center>

<center><FONT COLOR="white">The "Ace Edge"(c).
With my incremental trim
I am actually able to turn so quickly that, I never turn at all.
In Fact the Planet Earth rotates around the Axis of My PC, thus giving me the optimum turn rate and insuring that you
the bandit are promptly fraged !!!
In memory Of Ray R.I.P.[/i]</font>

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 03:02 PM
OOh.. true.. I was wondering what the hell is wrong with my Throttle, but now i realize..

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 12:25 AM
Many thanks to all who confirmed this problem. I guess this is a bug. I'll post it.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 02:28 AM
can u feel the realims hehe? thats realism!welcome to patch1.1 no super turns any more.Gl with the new patch.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 03:24 AM
V.DD wrote:
- can u feel the realims hehe? thats realism!welcome
- to patch1.1 no super turns any more.Gl with the new
- patch.
-
-

were they talking about "super turns" I don't think so,
stay out of it if you can't understand what they are talking about.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 03:40 AM
why do u care i just want them to care LOL it semse that u do

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 04:58 AM
i think VDD is lost and confused, lol

and yes ive had this throttle problem to

----------------------------------------

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 07:58 AM
With all due respect to you, VDD, the problem I'm talking about has nothing to do with your post about realistic turns. I'm referring to a problem with the throttle.

If you want to imply I don't like realism, you're mistaken. Realism is what I value as an aeronautical engineer (master of aeronautics & astronautics from Purdue University) and professional pilot (with advanced aerobatics rating).

Now, what was it in my post that gave you the idea that I complained about the patch being too realistic??

Grow up a little bit. You'll need the maturity if Sweden ever has to rely on you.