PDA

View Full Version : Framerate review on high spec machine

The-Hoff
11-06-2015, 02:15 AM
This is my spec -

MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Skylake (4.7ghz OC).
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce Titan X Superclocked
SSD: 2x Samsung 850 evo 1tb
HDD: 2x WD Black 2tb

I am running at 1080p vsync'd to 60fps with the very latest Nvidia drivers

Using the regular top down view I get a contant smooth 60fps. As soon I use the 2 sweeping cameras and the postcard view I get framerate drops as low as the 30's and 40's in places, why? This still happens with vsync off so don't ask me to play with it turned off.
I am running with maxed graphics and 2xAA. The game doesn't look more graphically demanding as the other 2 Annos and they ran super smooth from all angles.

Can the devs confirm they are looking into this terrible performance from these other camera angles? I will be keeping my play time below 2 hours so if this is not resolved I can refund (bought from Steam) within the 2 week period. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 04:26 AM
Wow, man... you'd refund this because of this? Go on ahead and do it, obviously this game doesn't do it for you. It's not a FPS man. I know what you're saying since I'm running a 980 Ti myself, it can get some choppy when I use the automatic camera view too, but to refund it because of a function I never ever use? ...

Just do it xD

The-Hoff
11-06-2015, 07:01 AM
Wow, man... you'd refund this because of this? Go on ahead and do it, obviously this game doesn't do it for you. It's not a FPS man. I know what you're saying since I'm running a 980 Ti myself, it can get some choppy when I use the automatic camera view too, but to refund it because of a function I never ever use? ...

Just do it xD

I know what you are saying but as gamers, if we just lay down and accept choppy gameplay, then all games will be released unoptimised. We can't just lay down and accept it.
You have a 980TI, I have a Titan X. Why are we buying these expensive cards if we are not bothered with choppy gameplay just because it isn't an FPS?
I play both FPS and strategy games such as this and I want smooth gameplay in both genres, which I do. Anno 2205 should not be an exception :)

P.S. How do you attach your Dxdiag to your post? Cheers

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 07:40 AM
I know what you are saying but as gamers, if we just lay down and accept choppy gameplay, then all games will be released unoptimised. We can't just lay down and accept it.
You have a 980TI, I have a Titan X. Why are we buying these expensive cards if we are not bothered with choppy gameplay just because it isn't an FPS?
I play both FPS and strategy games such as this and I want smooth gameplay in both genres, which I do. Anno 2205 should not be an exception :)

P.S. How do you attach your Dxdiag to your post? Cheers

Oh I have it uploaded to a website of mine, then I just linked to it in my signature. There are probably a few sites from which you can link to files too, hmm, doesn't google have something like that?