PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of london and why i feel i waisted my time (Spoiler)

xDarkAegisx
11-05-2015, 11:33 PM
I did the same thing many gamers do when the new AC comes out and that's look for all the secrets to get that shiny special armor/weapon/what have you. Took me a few hours with the help of the images in the progression tab but after opening it up and seeing my prize, I was pleasantly surprised to see Jacob have the exact same reaction I did. That's it? an outfit for Evie? An outfit that is blindingly white/gold and has possibly the most annoying "effect" in existence? No wonder Evie said that whoever gazed upon it went mad its annoying as hell! As I am sure many of the syndicate gamers are, I'm a Jacob main. I don't play evie unless I really have to and its nothing against her character or what not I just think Jacobs a pure badass but I have nothing but honestly regret finding the secrets of London. I just honestly felt like I wasted my time. specially since I was already level 10 when I finished it so that nice 4k did nothing for me :| So far playing the game (tbh I'm not that far but ive done everything BUT the main story line) I feel like players are pushed more and more to play as evie over Jacob. Why? I still have hopes that Jacob gets some nice stuff a long the way but so far it looks grim :C go team Jacob!

cawatrooper9
11-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Well, what did you expect? The Nostradamus mysteries only gave you an outfit too (I think, I never waste my time with that kind of thing).

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2015, 11:40 PM
I can't stand playing Jacob, because to me he's an Edward Kenway clone, but without the drive or the pirate cachet. He's not as much of a hypocritical dirtbag as Connor Kenway was, but he's a guy who's wasting his life on childish ideas, while Evie is taking on the responsibilities of the creed. But I don't like the white Evie suit either. It looks completely ridiculous.

xDarkAegisx
11-05-2015, 11:50 PM
ITs not that its just a outfit, I knew it would be one, but theres nothing for Jacob at all. Like I did all that for an item on a character I wont use unless I have to.

xDarkAegisx
11-05-2015, 11:56 PM
I can't stand playing Jacob, because to me he's an Edward Kenway clone, but without the drive or the pirate cachet. He's not as much of a hypocritical dirtbag as Connor Kenway was, but he's a guy who's wasting his life on childish ideas, while Evie is taking on the responsibilities of the creed. But I don't like the white Evie suit either. It looks completely ridiculous.

Immaturity has kinda been a theme for most of the male assassins. They grow up by the end. Look at Edward :) unless you don't "take back London" then Jacobs not really doing much maybe but his whole idea and drive was to free London, and he did. If that's childish I dunno what to tell you.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-06-2015, 12:45 AM
Immaturity has kinda been a theme for most of the male assassins. They grow up by the end. Look at Edward :) unless you don't "take back London" then Jacobs not really doing much maybe but his whole idea and drive was to free London, and he did. If that's childish I dunno what to tell you.

He's supposed to be an Assassin. He supposedly took an oath to serve the creed, yet he's not at all interested in his duty. He scorns Evie's desire to find the Piece of Eden. He's more interested in building his gang, which, by the way, DOESN'T free London - London's citizens are just as mired in poverty by the end as they were in the beginning - the gangs' names have changed - that's about all. What he does do is earn a lot of money from his gang's activities and he spends it on weapons for him and Evie - how egalitarian of him! And he's clearly opposed to Marx's desire to free the poor from poverty and the closest he gets to changing the status quo is when he stands next to Evie as she urges the Queen to retreat from empire - and even then, he's more on the Queen's side than on Evie's. He's a revolutionary in name only. He's like that guy from The Jam's song "Eton Rifles":

"What a catalyst you turned out to be:
Loaded the guns, then you run off home for your tea -
Left me standing like a guilty schoolboy..."

jfkflevoland
11-06-2015, 01:26 AM
The reward was disappointing, yeah, but I enjoyed searching for the music boxes: it's like a touristy tour through London.

SofaJockey
11-06-2015, 01:48 AM
The weird shimmer meant that the outfit was unwearable to me.
My preferred outfit is on my avatar...

CrossedEagle
11-06-2015, 03:23 AM
I think finding a First Civ suit fits Evie's character more, but why not have them discover Apollo and Artemis' armor? They were fraternal twins, so there could be something for both.

I did geek out about the Aegis though, I love the Classics.