PDA

View Full Version : trouble start the game

Herman2401
11-05-2015, 01:18 PM
can sombody help me. When i try to start the game in the not work. First i get the Install from direct X than i get the message game not found maybe the game is move. But i have npt move the game after the install

Jimbob2k
11-05-2015, 01:50 PM
can sombody help me. When i try to start the game in the not work. First i get the Install from direct X than i get the message game not found maybe the game is move. But i have npt move the game after the install

I get exactly the same problem. Goes black, then fails to respond or crashes back to desktop.

Intel i5-3400k @ 3.8ghz
GTX 970
16GB RAM
Windows 8.1 Pro

Not impressed at all.

Jimbob2k
11-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Thought I'd fixed it - got 3 mins in game and it crashed never to work again :S

Morpheus1876
11-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Hello together,

Iīve got the same Problem, after trying to start the game I can see a black Screen, after three seconds the Anno-Homepage Comes back. Thattīs all...

I have installed the Nvidia Geforce GTX850M with the Software 358.87 from 4th November 2015
8GB DDR 3 Memory
Intel core i7.

Best regards,
Markus

Jimbob2k
11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Yea, we definately aren't alone. Many users with issues. It looks like it could be a case of waiting for a decent patch. I've tried everything I can think of, but no good.

OESTAREICHA-13
11-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Help us Ubisoft^^

Hellion1
11-05-2015, 10:09 PM
I am having the same problem and I am getting pissed that I am having to hard reset my PC after each crash... :( But I have submitted a question to Ubisoft support and hopefully we get a solution A.S.A.P. ;)

markrutherford1
11-05-2015, 10:14 PM
I am having a simular problem the game just gets stuck on the warning screen?

rsoneliner
11-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Hi,

same Problem here with my Laptop/Notebook... I Installed Anno 2205 on my Two PCs, on my Desktop PC, all works fine, game starts fine!
But on my Laptop, it dont starts...

I start Uplay, then i start Anno 2205 , then a Black Windows window appear in the size of my screen, for 2-3 Sec, then it looks as it open a new smaller Window in the middle of my screen, just for 0.5 sec, but then it close both of the Windows, and open Uplay again.
I restartet my PC much times, i updated my Grapics card....
Nothing help, the game not start!

BTW... i had the same Problem with the game Tomb Raider,... on my tower the game runs, on my Laptop it wont, is this a Uplay problem?
Because its the Only two Games i have, with the same Problem!

Here is my Laptop/Notebook
!!! Anno dont start !!!!
Name: Dell XPS 15 L502X
Operating System : Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64 BIT)
CPU: XPS 502x : RETAIL 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz
RAM / Arbeitsspeicher : 6.144MB (1x2.048 + 1x4.096) 1.333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
Graphics card/ Grafikkarte: 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M

My Desktop PC
!!! All works fine!!!
Mainboard: Asrock 890GX Extreme 4
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Processor 3.2GHz
RAM: 20GB
Operating System : Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (64 BIT)
Graphics card/ Grafikkarte: 4GB MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

In my Work i travel a lot most of times i am far away from home, so for me its much important to play with my Laptop,... so please help me!

Jimbob2k
11-06-2015, 10:23 AM
I did nothing, and it's quite random, but I managed to get it to work for 5 minutes this morning before it crashed. I tested my temperatures and RAM useage whilst it was running and had no problems, although it does use up quite a lot of RAM, which I expected anyway.

After it crashed it was back to the same crashing back to desktop as before. Sometimes it stops responding with a black screen that has to be closed using Task Manager, other times it goes black and then just returns to desktop with no crash report and UPlay does a save game sync, which is what it does with all it's games when they are closed properly​.

dr_powerlocke
11-06-2015, 04:52 PM
I had the same Problem too,

the Problem is when you have two graphicprocessors (the graphiccard and an onboard one). Go into your Driver and tell it to start anno2205.exe with your graphiccard.
it fixed the Problem on my Laptop.

Sorry for my bad english ^^

UbiBooma
11-06-2015, 09:04 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for reporting these issues to us.

See the minimum specs for this title here to make sure your machine can run it:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/4284/minimum-requirements-for-anno-2205/kA030000000ti2BCAQ

Consider updating the drivers on your PC and restarting Uplay/Anno and your computer.

Also the most direct support you will receive is through our support team --> support.ubi.com

Thank you
Booma

Hellion1
11-06-2015, 10:50 PM

the Problem is when you have two graphicprocessors (the graphiccard and an onboard one). Go into your Driver and tell it to start anno2205.exe with your graphiccard.

Not sure how to do that with AMD and I am not the most tech savvy can tell us how that's done..

dr_powerlocke
11-06-2015, 11:23 PM
Not sure how to do that with AMD and I am not the most tech savvy can tell us how that's done..

try this (instead of fifa15.exe you have to choose anno2205.exe):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnjD80hSQWw

good luck

Hellion1
11-06-2015, 11:41 PM
try this (instead of fifa15.exe you have to choose anno2205.exe):

good luck

Sorry bro I did not notice that you were using a laptop not a pc.. I am on a pc so I don't have the option to change my graphics card as it is the only one I have..... But thanks for trying though.

Jimbob2k
11-06-2015, 11:42 PM
When did this turn into a "laptop problem" thread?

Secondly to the moderator. I've had a ticket open for nearly three days. I've sent in dxdiag and MSINFO zip and you've suggested nothing here that I haven't already tried. My Desktop PC is way above the minimum spec for this game and the fact it runs at 60+ FPS when it briefly works for 5 minutes shows its not the Desktop PC specifications that is the problem. Thanks for spoiling my weekend...and my cash.

rsoneliner
11-07-2015, 12:25 AM

I tried this on my Laptop, and now i am a Step forward,... i use Nvidia, so i open Nvidia system settings, and include Anno 2205, and choose in Graphic settings, i choose Nvidia Highperformance,... now Anno starts , i see now the next window with the warning, 1 hour play anno 15 minutes break. but after that my full screen turns into black (without windows frame), and i dont see anything, but the sound runs fine, i hear all, but i cant see more then black...

Morpheus1876
11-07-2015, 02:52 AM
Hello UbiBooma,

regarding your link to the requirements to Play Anno2205...

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / GTX 500 / GTX 600 / GTX 700 / GTX 900 / TITAN series
AMD Radeon HD5850 / Radeon HD6000 / HD7000 / R7 200 / R9 200 ​ / R9 300 series

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

I have got a Nvidia Geforce GTX850M which is not in the required list. And this means now that I cannot Play it because there is no Support to this Card? I canīt believe it....

Please help!

Markus

Jimbob2k
11-08-2015, 11:46 PM
Was there some sort of "stealth" patch earlier today? I come home from work and have played for 8 hours non stop with no glitches or slowdowns. Considering I've done nothing different to when I couldn't even start the game I wonder, has anyone else in this thread (on desktop PC) managed to get it to work now too?

Muchomurka
11-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Hello everyone.

If you have problem with gamecrashing, or game wonīt check yoour graphic card.Ļ

If you have integrated graphic and normal graphic you must Force Anno 2205 to use your primary graphic (no integrated)

Use it on your performace graphic options menu....

Thank you

JordanSlump
11-11-2015, 11:05 PM
I've got the same here

a black screen for like 5 seconds then back to uplay.
I hope someone can tell me how to fix this I really want to play this game.

Nartin777
11-12-2015, 05:02 AM
I had the same problem. Video card driver update solved it.

Sporally
11-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Are there still no solution to this problem? It seems a lot of people are having problems with this black screen on startup.

I found this "solution", but I didn't try it since I don't want to sign up for competitions in order to be able to download the file. http://gameserrors.com/fix-anno-2205-errors-crashes-game-wont-start-performance-issues/
Maybe someone has already shared this file and can confirm it works?

bobo_9
11-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Hello UbiBooma,

I have the same problem at start like Morpheus1876.

I have got a Nvidia Geforce GTX850M which is not in the required list. And this means now that I cannot Play it because there is no Support to this Card? I canīt believe it....

It's not a crappy card, why can't I play with it?
(I already setup this card as default for this game.)

Please help.

UbiBooma
11-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Hello UbiBooma,

I have the same problem at start like Morpheus1876.

It's not a crappy card, why can't I play with it?
(I already setup this card as default for this game.)

Please help.

bobo, have you submitted a ticket to support?

Go here --> support.ubi.com

alibek85
11-13-2015, 07:49 PM
I had the same issue until I followed one of the recommendations to make the game use only one graphic card instead of 2 which I fixed via NVidia Control Panel.

I play on a laptop and my graphics card is Nvidia GT 750M.

Hellion1
11-29-2015, 08:39 AM
Hi all I was having the issue of my PC soft locking every time I launched Anno 2205 and found out that my OS was tying to perform a memory dump..

The following is how I fixed the problem.

Open run (Start key + R) and type regedit.exe
Go to HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Control, Session Manager, Memory Management then select ClearPageFileAtShutdown from the window on the right and change the value from (0) to (1) then restart the computer.

This worked for me and now I am able to run Anno 2205 no problem.. I hope this works for you too!
Hellion1

HardyTest59
11-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to play Anno on my Mac with a Win 10 VM under Parallels 11 .. installation worked fine, game starts, but shows only a blank screen... (white) the audio is there, I can hear the introduction and later on the background music with some kind of speach ...

I think the problem is the DirectX system ...

Any suggestion?

many thanks in advanced

Hardy

Alexis.Rolland
01-03-2016, 01:35 PM
I fixed it!

Hello guys,
I think I had the same issue as a couple of you:
- I am playing on a laptop
- My config is Intel Core i5, 8Gb RAM
- I have one integrated graphic card on my Intel motherboard and one AMD Radeon HD8750

The bug I had was: Launching the game from Uplay PC, then black window poping up, then back to Uplay PC window again. After searching on the web, I figured out this was because the game was trying to use the Intel integrated graphic card. My laptop automatically switched to the Intel card because I was on battery. It apparently does it to save power. So... I'm not ****ting you... I just plugged back my laptop and it worked! Now the game selects automatically the AMD graphic card.

If you are on a laptop, you should try to select your AMD or NVIDIA graphic card in one way or another! :)