PDA

View Full Version : I solved my slowdown issue

Wintermist
11-05-2015, 06:29 AM
I have been suffering from a slowdown issue where the longer I played the slower the game got. As it turns out though...

When the game was launched there wasn't any spoken language, so trying to figure out what was wrong, before we knew the language pack was missing, I tried changing compatibility mode. I am using Windows 10 now so I set it to Windows 8. Of course nothing fixed the language problem since we had to have that language pack.

I forgot about this when they actually did release the language pack. So, my game and the Uplay client too was set to Windows 8 compatibility mode. I now noticed that trying to figure out why my game was slowing down as badly as it did, so I set it back to Windows 10 and wham, no more slowdown whatsoever!

If you did this too, and are suffering from the same thing. Have a look at the settings again to see if this is your problem too.

All along I thought it was the game, but it wasn't lol.

jorgenm
11-05-2015, 11:59 AM
I have the same problem.
How do you change it from windows 8 to windows 10 compatibility?
thank you :)

Wintermist
11-05-2015, 12:19 PM
I have the same problem.
How do you change it from windows 8 to windows 10 compatibility?
thank you :)

Well, I am using Windows 10 so I can change it backwards, but you can't change it forwards. :)

jorgenm
11-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Well, I am using Windows 10 so I can change it backwards, but you can't change it forwards. :)

So the problema was that you were using windows 8 instead of using windows 10.

My problem is that the game runs too slow (specially at the temperate zone, the artic runs not too bad) and I am using windows 10...
I don't understand why and ubisofr does not give any solution.

lordpro
11-05-2015, 05:33 PM
I am using windows 10 and it is set to windows 10...

still slowdown after 20 minutes of play time ... Ram eaten up to 80% (using 16GB of ram atm)

Wintermist
11-06-2015, 04:28 AM
So the problema was that you were using windows 8 instead of using windows 10.

My problem is that the game runs too slow (specially at the temperate zone, the artic runs not too bad) and I am using windows 10...
I don't understand why and ubisofr does not give any solution.

No, I was using Windows 10, but I had set the game to Windows 8 compatibility, this was what caused my slowdowns. Now when I turned all that off the game runs perfectly no matter how long I play.