PDA

View Full Version : Couple of AC Syndicate Questions

DA-LINK-WENT726
11-05-2015, 04:07 AM
So I have a couple of questions,

1. Why are all enemies alerted as soon as you're in their vicinity? They shouldn't be able to recognize me as an assassin being that I just came to London mere days ago.

2. Why do civilians flee from me when I'm trying to use them to blend in? There was a mission where I needed to use a group of NPCs, but every group would run from me yelling like I murdered their mother.

3. This is more anecdotal but, the controls feel really clunky and sluggish to me. I haven't played an AC game since Revelations so maybe the controls are just foreign to me now. I have a hard time just navigating the environment and personally it kind of detracts from what seems to be a somewhat decent game.

Thanks for any answers =)

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2015, 05:24 PM
1. Yeah, it sucks. It makes stealth virtually useless.

2. Yeah, that REALLY sucks. Again, it destroys stealth when you really can't do the "hide in plain sight" thing.

3. I think it's the new engine they're using since Unity. Unity and Syndicate are nowhere near as smooth as the old games.

flavorcountry19
11-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Yeah it sucks they spot you right away

this is also really annoying!

and yeah these might be the worst controls in the series(not to make it sound like they are the worst controls in a video game just from what we have had in the past) and it's weird cause unitys were fine so they just had to bring that over while adding the zip line! Don't know why they put so many changes into it!

cawatrooper9
11-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Stealth kills are really tough. There isn't that "reaction time" delay where an enemy can see you and you still have a second or two to take them out- it's pretty much, if you've missed your window, you're going into combat.

However, you can but a skill (I forget what it's called- quick kill, or something like that) where if you attack an enemy first you'll do very heavy damage- so much so that if you're on a higher level, you'll eventually be able to one hit any enemy with it if you surprise them, and it's basically the same as a delayed stealth kill.

DA-LINK-WENT726
11-06-2015, 01:53 AM
1. Yeah, it sucks. It makes stealth virtually useless.

2. Yeah, that REALLY sucks. Again, it destroys stealth when you really can't do the "hide in plain sight" thing.

3. I think it's the new engine they're using since Unity. Unity and Syndicate are nowhere near as smooth as the old games.

Yeah it sucks they spot you right away

this is also really annoying!

and yeah these might be the worst controls in the series(not to make it sound like they are the worst controls in a video game just from what we have had in the past) and it's weird cause unitys were fine so they just had to bring that over while adding the zip line! Don't know why they put so many changes into it!

Stealth kills are really tough. There isn't that "reaction time" delay where an enemy can see you and you still have a second or two to take them out- it's pretty much, if you've missed your window, you're going into combat.

However, you can but a skill (I forget what it's called- quick kill, or something like that) where if you attack an enemy first you'll do very heavy damage- so much so that if you're on a higher level, you'll eventually be able to one hit any enemy with it if you surprise them, and it's basically the same as a delayed stealth kill.

Awesome, thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong or maybe overlooked something as well. Like I said I haven't played an AC game since Revelations and to be honest I'm not 100% sure I like where the series has gone, maybe I need to play Syndicate a little more to get used to it but I'm just not really feeling it so far. I appreciate the replies, I just wanted to hop onto the forums to get some kid of validation that I wasn't the only one experiencing these problems.