PDA

View Full Version : Bad Soundtrack

Bremsar
11-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Hey guys,

I must say I'm very disappointed of the Syndicate Soundtrack. For me, the Soundtrack of AC3 was the best and I hoped that AC Unity would have a nice Soundtrack too. But even then I was disappointed. Now with Syndicate again.
What happened to that epic sounds that made this series so awesome? This is just like an opera. I mean, the music that was playing when you get on the top of the Ship and the Title of the game was displayed in AC3 was that Amazing, I got goosebumbs.

Why Ubisoft, just why?

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 03:47 PM
A lot of people like it. Sorry you don't, I guess.

Sorrosyss
11-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Alot dislike it too, myself included. The change of genre in the past few games to a more classical score does not sit well with many. AC1 to 3 had a lot of the Epic sub genre music, combining old and modern elements with crazy synth beats and taiko drums. In those games, when you got in a chase it was like running from the apocalypse itself purely due to the music. In Unity and Syndicate the violins speed up a bit. The soundtracks have lost alot of their soul in my humble opinion.

m4r-k7
11-04-2015, 04:12 PM
I really like it. Some of it really brings back the mysterious feel that the Ezio games had. I love the music that plays during a child liberation. I wish there was more ambient music as when it comes on its really awesome.

Xstantin
11-04-2015, 04:18 PM
I liked that Syndicate tried something new with the soundtrack and it seemed fitting with the period imo.

phoenix-force411
11-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Really, really like it. Wish I could hear more of the tracks as ambient music.

RaggedTyper
11-04-2015, 04:24 PM
I really like it. Some of it really brings back the mysterious feel that the Ezio games had. I love the music that plays during a child liberation. I wish there was more ambient music as when it comes on its really awesome.

I actually hated the Child Liberation music because it was entirely out of place, tonally.

I love the score in previous games but for Syndicate the score wonderfully matches the tone. What it needs is more of it during free roam. The previous games you managed to hear the natural sounds of fhe world amongst the beautiful score in the background and it was so atmospheric.

Pandassin
11-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Honestly I love the soundtrack, it's really fitting for the time period and it sounds really nice.

RzaRecta357
11-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Absolutely love the score to this game and it fits super well. Don't get me wrong... I still love the originals just as much. I can dig this new style though. Any ambient tunes is better than none also.

Hans684
11-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Leave them underground.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 05:54 PM
Leave them underground.

Chills :rolleyes:

Kaschra
11-04-2015, 06:45 PM
Syndicate's soundtrack is really awesome.

BananaBlighter
11-04-2015, 06:53 PM
It fits the game really well and there are moments I love listening to (namely when you conquer a gang stronghold), but overall it's not really the kind of thing you'd download and listen to in your own time.

crusader_prophet
11-04-2015, 06:59 PM
The music is too classical and goofy - not an Assassin's Creed style music. Revelations, AC2, AC Brotherhood, AC1 had some of the best soundtracks. The AC3 was okay but I guess it was needed for the revolutionary theme. Then although Rogue was remixed version of previous music, I liked it - it had a an edge to it. Unity and Syndicate music is just not a good fit for an AC game, may be for the era, but that does not necessarily reflect the mystery and secrets of an Assassin order. But it IS good music composition.

KG_NOx
11-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Bb...but the opera is so beautiful .-.

Danny_rx7
11-05-2015, 01:33 AM
It fits the game really well and there are moments I love listening to (namely when you conquer a gang stronghold), but overall it's not really the kind of thing you'd download and listen to in your own time.

Agree. It is really good, but it's like a joke compared to masterpieces like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKjjneKOKw0

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 01:53 AM
The soundtrack is the best part about the game IMO. I could just stand on a smokestack and listen to the tunes all day.

crusader_prophet
11-05-2015, 01:54 AM
Just putting out there, Syndicate's music got nothing when compared to these --> Each of them will send chills through your spine and bloodstream.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL95_0toxPSmwN8rK4yC3v09bh0MCf_H5s

Danny_rx7
11-05-2015, 02:05 AM
Oh man! City of Rome http://i.imgur.com/wD5DK87.gif

Namikaze_17
11-05-2015, 02:45 AM
I've grown to like it; not my favorite, but it serves its purpose of fitting the period, while adding some tracks that I find quite enjoyable.

I mean, these are beautiful!

https://youtu.be/A70pqi8azGg

https://youtu.be/mBX3-Vd9Adk

phoenix-force411
11-05-2015, 03:32 AM
It's a bad thing to be too nostalgic and just hate every new thing. AC1 was a forgettable soundtrack for me. Only 1-3 songs I actually liked from 1. ACII had a very memorable soundtrack, although, 1 track was never used and another track was only played once. Brotherhood's, I guess, was memorable, but I didn't like a lot of the tracks from it. Revelations had a lot of tracks, and I liked a lot of 'em. ACIII had great tracks, but a lot of the good tracks weren't in the official soundtrack. :'( ACIV, for me, had less memorable tracks, and I didn't enjoy it very much. Rogue, while its soundtrack was short, I liked about 1-3 songs from it. I do find it better than IV's. Unity had a lot of tracks, but they weren't the kind of tracks to actually enjoy if you weren't playing it. Syndicate has made a strong impression on me, and I would like to find the OST for it, because I really liked it.