PDA

View Full Version : Do the Fryes have dual hidden blades?

LoyalACFan
11-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Some of their animations have them stabbing with both wrists (e.g. Evie's stealth kill from directly behind an enemy, and the one for the "attack just before entering combat to kill an enemy instantly" upgrade) but they only have one gauntlet each.

Consus_E
11-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Think I remember seeing a story cutscene with Jacob using a second hidden blade but I can't remember where. To be fair though it's not the first time in the series something like this has happened. Connor only had one visible bracer with the other blade just sliding out of his sleeve. Ezio's original second hidden blade (the boxart/promo/cgi trailer one) was just a glove and the blade itself seemed to be hidden in his sleeve. Even ACR Altair had a second hidden blade practically duct taped to his right arm.

Alphacos007
11-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Well, you can do double assassinations, so I'm supposing they have, even though they only have one gauntlet.

pacmanate
11-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Double Assassinate doesnt mean dual hidden blades. Infact all double assassinations involve using the left bracers blade only.

But to answer OP, yes the Fryes have dual blades. I found this out in the Unique Kill for Jacob when you pretend to be a dead person, he stabs the guy in the neck with his non gauntlet hand

W-Munny66
11-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Double Assassinate doesnt mean dual hidden blades. Infact all double assassinations involve using the left bracers blade only.

But to answer OP, yes the Fryes have dual blades. I found this out in the Unique Kill for Jacob when you pretend to be a dead person, he stabs the guy in the neck with his non gauntlet hand

I saw that kill with the off hand (non Gauntlet) during the Unique Kill but I think that was just a Glitch or it was just poorly animated because when you do double assasinations it is the same as in Unity when you Kill two people but only have the one hidden blade. I do not understand the reason for getting rid of the dual hidden blades. Its more efficient and looks better. Stabbing two people at once would be so much easier than what they do in Unity and Syndicate....

Sorrosyss
11-04-2015, 03:36 PM
Jacob also has dual blades when he unique kills the Duke/politician. Evie's second blade comes out her sleeve, and can be seen when she cuts the key chain that Lucy Thorne hangs from. So, yes to both.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 03:42 PM
The second pair is just really well "hidden".

Ba dum tss.

phoenix-force411
11-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Yes, they do, and it can be clearly seen during particular animations and unique kills. I am no bothered by it, because almost everyone after Ezio had two blades.

LoyalACFan
11-04-2015, 05:07 PM
Yes, they do, and it can be clearly seen during particular animations and unique kills. I am no bothered by it, because almost everyone after Ezio had two blades.

I'm not bothered by it either, it just strikes me as SUPER lame that they stuck with all of Arno's one-blade dual kill animations.

RzaRecta357
11-04-2015, 05:27 PM
They kept quite a few of his but there are alot of unique ones too I believe. Evie has a pretty classic one anyway where she jumps on both of them shoving their heads down with her blades Ezio style pretty much.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 05:41 PM
They kept quite a few of his but there are alot of unique ones too I believe. Evie has a pretty classic one anyway where she jumps on both of them shoving their heads down with her blades Ezio style pretty much.

I also really like hers where she just claps their heads together. That's just brutal, Evie...

LoyalACFan
11-04-2015, 10:20 PM

Arno did that one too. The one where you run up to two enemies from behind? Yeah, that was in Unity.

I also really like hers where she just claps their heads together. That's just brutal, Evie...

This one was DEFINITELY in Unity.

m4r-k7
11-04-2015, 10:37 PM
I saw in a video a unique aerial assassination that Evie does that looks awesome but ive only seen it done once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFAzuqRPgtw

Skip to 4:30 to see what I am talking about. I wonder how you execute this move or if its totally random?

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 10:45 PM
This one was DEFINITELY in Unity.

Weird, I wonder how I didn't remember that- it seemed so memorable the first time I saw it in Syndicate.

Guess I just didn't play Unity that much. Honestly, I probably clocked more time into Rogue this past year.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 01:58 AM
I saw in a video a unique aerial assassination that Evie does that looks awesome but ive only seen it done once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFAzuqRPgtw

Skip to 4:30 to see what I am talking about. I wonder how you execute this move or if its totally random?

I believe it's supposed to be a context-sensitive animation where she stabs the guy then throws him off the train to get rid of the body in one fell swoop, except the "throwing him off" part got screwed up because the body hit the side of the train car. So it's basically like kicking people off trains in a fight, except it's a stealth kill. You should be able to do it on any enemy with his back turned to a ledge like that (which is kind of a rare scenario, which is probably why you've only seen the kill once).

Weird, I wonder how I didn't remember that- it seemed so memorable the first time I saw it in Syndicate.

Guess I just didn't play Unity that much. Honestly, I probably clocked more time into Rogue this past year.

Yep, it's in there. You just have to air-assassinate two guards who have their backs turned to you. I don't even think he stabs the one on the right, he just slams his head into the other one.