PDA

View Full Version : would have been cool if they made the fight clubs a little more "sherlock holmes"!

flavorcountry19
11-04-2015, 06:20 AM
make it more of a fleshed out mini games then just a fighting rink! bring the camera in closer and make more of a one/one fight with counters and weaknesses and items to use(harder difficulties bringing more enemies)

and making it more mathematical and thought out! and if you played the order 1886 they had the ability during certain quicktime events/slow downs where you could pick which part of the body you could hit and what path it would go down!

just a thought! i would love to see some up close arm breaks and chest kicks and face punches!

LoyalACFan
11-04-2015, 07:58 AM
It would have been cool if the combat system itself didn't totally suck. It might be the absolute worst melee combat I've ever played in this genre (meaning open-world stealth/action adventure).

Consus_E
11-04-2015, 10:39 AM
QTE's are never a valid solution. They're as good of an idea as DRM, Day one DLC, Micro-transactions, and yearly relea... Wow I'm actually surprised how few QTE's made their way into Unity and Syndicate.

Given what we had to work with in terms of combat mechanics, I thought Syndicate's fight clubs were neat.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 03:50 PM
I think I'd have preferred more 1 v 1 fights, as they'd be more realistic, but that would kinda downplay Evie and Jacob's abilities.

It would have been cool if the combat system itself didn't totally suck. It might be the absolute worst melee combat I've ever played in this genre (meaning open-world stealth/action adventure).

Wow, really? You played Unity, right?

flavorcountry19
11-04-2015, 04:31 PM
QTE's are never a valid solution. They're as good of an idea as DRM, Day one DLC, Micro-transactions, and yearly relea... Wow I'm actually surprised how few QTE's made their way into Unity and Syndicate.

Given what we had to work with in terms of combat mechanics, I thought Syndicate's fight clubs were neat.

no I'm not saying make it ALL QTE! But maybe like the finishers. Like picturing the enemy giving one last punch and you being able to block it, or duck under it, or grab the arm and break it, or move to the side of him...etc but depending which one you choose it will lead to another set of choices giving you the option of how you really want to mess this guy up!

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 04:51 PM
I don't know, the few QTEs in Syndicate are really awkward. Some boss fights have you and your enemy railing on each other, then for whatever reason you decide to just awkwardly stand there and try to slowly deflect their attacks. Didn't work with the combat system at all, in my opinion.

LoyalACFan
11-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Wow, really? You played Unity, right?

Yes. And *gasp* I actually died a few times in combat. Not saying it was all that good, I have literally not died a single time in Syndicate except for a couple times when my rope launcher zipline ran me into an object and kinda jettisoned me off at a weird angle into midair.

And, you know, a lack of difficulty wouldn't be so hard to take if it had smooth, flowing combat like the Batman games, but it doesn't have that either. Combat is just a complete chore.

RzaRecta357
11-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Yes. And *gasp* I actually died a few times in combat. Not saying it was all that good, I have literally not died a single time in Syndicate except for a couple times when my rope launcher zipline ran me into an object and kinda jettisoned me off at a weird angle into midair.

And, you know, a lack of difficulty wouldn't be so hard to take if it had smooth, flowing combat like the Batman games, but it doesn't have that either. Combat is just a complete chore.

Hmm do you button mash? I actually enjoyed this quite a bit for the first time in a long time with these games. Time your hits and guard breaks and get those sexy multi kills off which are super easy to do for sure but still fun to watch. Obviously I could go with Batman but then it would feel to fast to me or something. Can't put my finger on it. I guess games that try to copy that exact system never turn out as good.

If they added a weapon steal button and a few others this combat would be the best in the series imo.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 05:31 PM

I'm glad that you acknowledge that difficulty isn't necessarily the standard for good combat, because I was about to call you out on that. :p
After all, I felt that the combat in Unity wasn't difficult because it was based on skill, but because it was random and floaty.

I suppose it's just a matter of personal preference. I actually really liked Syndicate's combat, especially for this time period. It's not something I'd necessarily want to see return to the series again, but I think it works for the "rough and tumble" London street crime scene.