PDA

View Full Version : When Will AC 2016 Leak?

cawatrooper9
11-03-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm always interested in the moment that I first hear about the next AC game in the series.

From what I remember, I didn't hear about ACIII until May of 2012.
ACIV leaked a little earlier- I think it was February 2013.
Unity was leaked late March, 2014.
Syndicate was actually first leaked in early December, 2014- I don't even think Unity has been out for a month at that point.

So, do you think we'll hear something about the next game before the end of the year? Or will AC remain quiet, content in Syndicate's relative success, until E3 2016?

Let me know what you think, based off the trends, and feel free to add to/correct me list here!

ze_topazio
11-03-2015, 06:01 PM
Funny, I was thinking on opening a similar thread, but I was going to include a poll.

Therefore

The thread I never made > your thread http://s24.postimg.org/6q5gcgs9d/if_Zul3_O.gif

I say we get our first leak around March.

cawatrooper9
11-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Funny, I was thinking on opening a similar thread, but I was going to include a poll.

Therefore

The thread I never made > your thread http://s24.postimg.org/6q5gcgs9d/if_Zul3_O.gif

I say we get our first leak around March.

:nonchalance:
Done.

ze_topazio
11-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Done.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/480/253/8f7.jpg

m4r-k7
11-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Seeing as Syndicate has been better received than Unity, I would say the next game will be leaked around March and then announced officially at E3 2016. They officially announced Syndicate way before E3 this time as they wanted to show footage as early as possible to show us that we weren't going to get another buggy product.

VestigialLlama4
11-03-2015, 07:57 PM
I believe it has already been leaked by Cornik in the other post...pack up your backs folks, the Simpsons are going to Japan.

LoyalACFan
11-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Eh, roundabout January we'll probably get someone who "happened to see" a Ubi employee's iPad over their shoulder on an airplane :rolleyes:

But I'm guessing we'll probably see the first actual asset leak around March.

ze_topazio
11-03-2015, 08:21 PM
Maybe this year the infamous careless Ubisoft employee will be caught in a train.

LoyalACFan
11-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Maybe this year the infamous careless Ubisoft employee will be caught in a train.

Or a horse-drawn carriage. Ubi is all about the branding.

Sushiglutton
11-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Voted March. There will be a 200 pages long thread on Neogaf with people explaining why they are not excited.

Done.

Should have made it public :mad:

cawatrooper9
11-03-2015, 11:39 PM
Should have made it public :mad:

Wait, it's not?
Man, I really screwed up on this one. Is there a way I can change that?

RA503
11-03-2015, 11:46 PM
Will be cool if leak next week or tomorrow like ''victory''...

Consus_E
11-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Or a horse-drawn carriage. Ubi is all about the branding.

The'll see the employee drop a file with the words Assassin's Creed Japan crossed out, and replaced with Frye trilogy part 2.

Alphacos007
11-04-2015, 11:51 AM
I find it funny that some PS4s (mine included) still register Syndicate as AC Victory. I believe they only decided to change the game's name after the "leak" and forgot to change the PS4 stuff. Anyway, I'd say it'll leak around March, after all DLCs have been launched and the game's sells have stabilized/are starting to decline.

Meowrynn
11-04-2015, 02:34 PM
The'll see the employee drop a file with the words Assassin's Creed Japan crossed out, and replaced with Frye trilogy part 2.

Oh god please no, make assassins creed 5 already! or are they gonna wait for the new next generation of consoles before they do that and until then they'll keep milking the series? Oh god please no

ze_topazio
11-04-2015, 03:07 PM

Focused on Grandpa Frye during the Napoleonic Wars.

Sorrosyss
11-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Hopefully soon. I need to speculate! :p I'm thinking next month, riding the Syndicate positivity wave.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Focused on Grandpa Frye during the Napoleonic Wars.

Weird, I haven't even thought that we might have a Frye family game set in the past.

Would be cool to play a game and see a former protagonist (such as Arno) in a supporting role, though- kind of like Connor in Liberation, but hopefully more substantial.

ze_topazio
11-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Weird, I haven't even thought that we might have a Frye family game set in the past.

Would be cool to play a game and see a former protagonist (such as Arno) in a supporting role, though- kind of like Connor in Liberation, but hopefully more substantial.

I was making an analogy with the Kenway family and theirs games sometimes called Kenway saga, first we had AC3 with Connor and then, on the following game, we had AC4 with Connor's grandfather, Edward.

KittyRino
11-04-2015, 06:11 PM
There will not be an AC game in 2016 (I hope so)

BananaBlighter
11-04-2015, 06:16 PM
It's gonna be an expansion for Syndicate, with multiplayer and a bunch o' other improvements (like multiple save slots and meaningful difficulty options). Basically a new game that keeps the setting. Or at least a sequel with the twins.

ze_topazio
11-04-2015, 06:20 PM
There will not be an AC game in 2016 (I hope so)

You're just deluding yourself Kitty, you know there will be one.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2015, 06:21 PM
I was making an analogy with the Kenway family and theirs games sometimes called Kenway saga, first we had AC3 with Connor and then, on the following game, we had AC4 with Connor's grandfather, Edward.

Yeah, I got that. I just hadn't considered that we might get a Frye game set back in the past, as opposed to further along in time... you know... for reasons...

KittyRino
11-04-2015, 06:22 PM
You're just deluding yourself Kitty, you know there will be one.

That is true :)

VoXngola
11-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Next month.

It'll be our Christmas present, guys.

crusader_prophet
11-04-2015, 07:08 PM
This is what AC needs to take tips for and from whom -

1. Bungie - Mechanics and AI engineering
2. Arkane Studios/IO Interactive/Kojima - Mission Design
3. Bioware - Storytelling, narrative design and main/side mission designs
4. CDPR - Side missions, storytelling, business practices and ethics
5. Naughty Dog - Non-disruptive transitions between cinematic and game world, dynamic gameplay

EDIT: Wrong Thread!!!

RA503
11-04-2015, 08:50 PM
just imagine the mass outrage whem they reveal and don't be japan...(and don't will be)

Hans684
11-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Just look at the stars, wait and see. There might be a leak Soon™

m4r-k7
11-04-2015, 10:12 PM
AC Comet shall come xD

Meowrynn
11-05-2015, 12:48 AM
why can't it be Dorian trilogy? Oh right.. because Spoiler Alert!

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 01:20 AM
why can't it be Dorian trilogy? Oh right.. because Spoiler Alert!

What spoiler alert? Did they kill off Arno in the Assassin Intel files or something?

Consus_E
11-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Ubisoft press conference

Ashraf, Patrice, and Darby come out: "So guys turns out Darby is actually Irish royalty and has a lot of money. SO... we bought the rights to Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, 1666, Watch Dogs, and Prince of Persia along with taking the best devs who worked on those games. Today we're founding a new company and will be developing better games. This means that you will have to wait until 2019 for the next AC but in the meantime here's a standalone version of ACB multiplayer, and a new pirate game with current gen sailing. See you in 3 years.

Now I'm gonna go cry into a tub of ice cream as I await the announcement of another 18th/19th century game set in Europe with a brash charismatic protagonist...

Namikaze_17
11-05-2015, 02:59 AM
The sooner, the better.

Because Jazz age is coming my friends, and deep down, you know it's true.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 03:47 AM
The sooner, the better.

Because Jazz age is coming my friends, and deep down, you know it's true.

How hard would you rage if it popped up again in a Unity-like opening scene, only to discover that it's once again unclickable?

Namikaze_17
11-05-2015, 04:16 AM
How hard would you rage if it popped up again in a Unity-like opening scene, only to discover that it's once again unclickable?

I'd remain relatively calm as a Hokage should.

The other supporters? - now that's who you should be asking.

VestigialLlama4
11-05-2015, 05:24 AM
Ubisoft press conference

Ashraf, Patrice, and Darby come out: "So guys turns out Darby is actually Irish royalty and has a lot of money. SO... we bought the rights to Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, 1666, Watch Dogs, and Prince of Persia along with taking the best devs who worked on those games. Today we're founding a new company and will be developing better games. This means that you will have to wait until 2019 for the next AC but in the meantime here's a standalone version of ACB multiplayer, and a new pirate game with current gen sailing. See you in 3 years.

Now I'm gonna go cry into a tub of ice cream as I await the announcement of another 18th/19th century game set in Europe with a brash charismatic protagonist...

Haha...Irish royalty, it's funny because there's no such thing.

Anyway, I personally am not entirely against annualization because in the final analysis that is not the main and only source of the franchise's problems.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 05:32 AM
Haha...Irish royalty, it's funny because there's no such thing.

He's descended from the old Viking Kings and just recently found a pot of gold in his attic.

*I'm the son of Irish Jews, I'm allowed to make Leprechaun jokes.

legendvinu
11-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Now I need Please UBI

Consus_E
11-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Now I need Please UBI

You will wait an entire month and like it.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-05-2015, 04:58 PM
I say Q2 of 2016, because Ubisoft has no reason to leak earlier, since Syndicate is pretty much universally regarded as at least "okay".

Of course, those who are naive enough to think last year's early leaks of Syndicate were not Ubisoft doing damage control for Unity may disagree.

VestigialLlama4
11-05-2015, 05:03 PM
I say Q2 of 2016, because Ubisoft has no reason to leak earlier, since Syndicate is pretty much universally regarded as at least "okay".

Of course, those who are naive enough to think last year's early leaks of Syndicate were not Ubisoft doing damage control for Unity may disagree.

Syndicate/Victory was so obviously a deliberate leak that it's not even that funny. No one is that incompetent.

The leaks before, Black Flag (a couple of days before the Announcement Trailer) and Unity, those are genuine leaks you can argue since the teaser for Unity was hasty and slapdash (a foreshadowing).

cawatrooper9
11-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Syndicate/Victory was so obviously a deliberate leak that it's not even that funny. No one is that incompetent.

Yeah... I pretty much came to that conclusion before I even read it anywhere. PR-wise, it was a good (but gutsy) move- it showed that the franchise still had a future, and they were working on improving where Unity failed. Plus, they were giving us an often requested setting.

Though it could've gone over terribly. People were already over saturated, having lived through the recent release of two full(ish) AC games in the span of a day. Announcing another so soon could've looked really tacky and fatigued a large portion of the fanbase, which was also pretty displeased with the series at that point.

In hindsight, I'm surprised the announcement/leak was as well received as it was.

RA503
11-05-2015, 08:56 PM
I think that maybe next year we have two AC again abserving the pattern :

2012 - AC 3 and Liberation
2013 Black Flag and Brahman
2014 Unity and Rogue
2015 Syndeicate and Titan Comics AC...

cawatrooper9
11-05-2015, 09:06 PM
I think that maybe next year we have two AC again abserving the pattern :

2012 - AC 3 and Liberation
2013 Black Flag and Brahman
2014 Unity and Rogue
2015 Syndeicate and Titan Comics AC...

I doubt they'd do that with a movie in the mix, too...

Unless their secondary game (Liberation/ Rogue tier) is a movie tie in game...

Farlander1991
11-05-2015, 10:07 PM

Well, deliberate in a sense that somebody has did it with a purpose - yes. That it was management intention? Hell no. If we talk 'deliberate', Unity leak was deliberate as well - somebody purposefully put out screens from an early build (even the city wasn't ready, there were a bunch of white boxes used as placeholders), and it didn't look great (no early versions do), so Ubisoft quickly made something up to date to reveal it.

No management in their right minds would reveal Syndicate when it was revealed (especially with reveal consisting of internal target footage). The Internet was in a ****storm over Unity, Ubisoft was trying to fix the situation as best as possible (free DLC, blog putting visibilities on patches, etc.) that's absolutely not the best time for a reveal, and Ubisoft of course knew it. And, well, there was a lot of negative reaction over Syndicate leak, expectedly so given Unity's technical state.

LoyalACFan
11-05-2015, 11:22 PM
I doubt they'd do that with a movie in the mix, too...

Unless their secondary game (Liberation/ Rogue tier) is a movie tie in game...

Depending on the content of the next game (read; how many assets they can repurpose) I wouldn't be surprised if AC2016 got an Aguilar DLC. And I STILL say they're going to do some sort of tie-in with the main game itself, though obviously not an actual retelling of the movie.

legendvinu
11-09-2015, 08:01 AM
You will wait an entire month and like it.

Yah I have to and Love to taste it bit by bit

ziggurcat
11-09-2015, 08:50 AM
i actually think they should start spreading out the releases a bit... would be nice if they spent a *little* more time on these games instead of churning them out annually.

VestigialLlama4
11-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Well, deliberate in a sense that somebody has did it with a purpose - yes. That it was management intention? Hell no. If we talk 'deliberate', Unity leak was deliberate as well - somebody purposefully put out screens from an early build (even the city wasn't ready, there were a bunch of white boxes used as placeholders), and it didn't look great (no early versions do), so Ubisoft quickly made something up to date to reveal it.

No management in their right minds would reveal Syndicate when it was revealed (especially with reveal consisting of internal target footage). The Internet was in a ****storm over Unity, Ubisoft was trying to fix the situation as best as possible (free DLC, blog putting visibilities on patches, etc.) that's absolutely not the best time for a reveal, and Ubisoft of course knew it. And, well, there was a lot of negative reaction over Syndicate leak, expectedly so given Unity's technical state.

The key assumption you make is that Ubisoft's management are "in their right minds" when you can definitely see they have been capricious and overly sensitive. The fact that their annual releases tend to over-react excessively to negative releases and launches is a good indicator. Like there's no reason for them to apologize for Unity on the Syndicate livestream launch, it was surprising that they felt they had to do so and now they are trashin Unity openly, with the President blaming Unity for Syndicate's poor launch sales. That's true and I don't like Unity myself but I don't think it's good form for presidents of any company not to stand by their product and defend it, especially since many of the people who worked on that are made to feel ashamed.

The thing is that Victory leak, featuring target footage, to Kotaku had to come from someone deeply inside. It was shown to only a few people and there's no way that person would risk their career and reputation unless they were protected and it's equally unlikely that Ubisoft doesn't know who made the leak. So that's why I think the Victory leak was deliberate, as a way to defuse bad blood over Unity and give people to discuss something about AC that wasn't all complaints about the game.

To give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt, the fact that their games are made across multiple studios in the world kind of means that there's a lot of people who know about the game and work on it. So they can't plug every hole. But Syndicate was largely made at Ubisoft Quebec so it's a much smaller circle.

ze_topazio
11-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Treat this with a, planetary sized, grain of salt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/3s1btm/this_new_rumor_is_suspicious_but_interesting/

Going4Quests
11-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Meh, Japan would be much cooler. :P

cawatrooper9
11-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Treat this with a, planetary sized, grain of salt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/3s1btm/this_new_rumor_is_suspicious_but_interesting/

I'd much prefer this than Japan, but release on "consoles of the current and old generations" seems very unlikely, unless this is a secondary "Rogue" style release to coincide with AC 2016 (though I do appreciate that they implied XBONE and PS4 as "current gen", and not "next gen".)

Reptilis91
11-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Haha, no it's not Yugoslavia.

It still gonna be the West though. And the map wide open. I mean, expect more than just a closed city like Unity or Syndicate.

VoXngola
11-09-2015, 04:47 PM

It still gonna be the West though. And the map wide open. I mean, expect more than just a closed city like Unity or Syndicate.

H-how do you know?

Farlander1991
11-09-2015, 06:24 PM
The key assumption you make is that Ubisoft's management are "in their right minds" when you can definitely see they have been capricious and overly sensitive. The fact that their annual releases tend to over-react excessively to negative releases and launches is a good indicator. Like there's no reason for them to apologize for Unity on the Syndicate livestream launch, it was surprising that they felt they had to do so and now they are trashin Unity openly, with the President blaming Unity for Syndicate's poor launch sales. That's true and I don't like Unity myself but I don't think it's good form for presidents of any company not to stand by their product and defend it, especially since many of the people who worked on that are made to feel ashamed.

The thing is that Victory leak, featuring target footage, to Kotaku had to come from someone deeply inside. It was shown to only a few people and there's no way that person would risk their career and reputation unless they were protected and it's equally unlikely that Ubisoft doesn't know who made the leak. So that's why I think the Victory leak was deliberate, as a way to defuse bad blood over Unity and give people to discuss something about AC that wasn't all complaints about the game.

To give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt, the fact that their games are made across multiple studios in the world kind of means that there's a lot of people who know about the game and work on it. So they can't plug every hole. But Syndicate was largely made at Ubisoft Quebec so it's a much smaller circle.

The key assumption you make is that I assume in what mind Ubisoft management is. I work for Ubisoft (though, mind you, not on AC). Arguing your points may make me venture into NDA territory, so I'll just leave it at the point that they are in their right minds and if you disagree then let's just leave it at that. However, consider this. Kotaku was not invited to Ubisoft E3 press conference, and Stephen Totilo wasn't given a review copy of ACS, do you think Ubisoft would do that had relationship between Kotaku and the studio not been damaged?

Also, you misinterpret the purpose of target footage in game development. Generally speaking it is created to show what to strive for. While in the early stages it might be limited to only the core team, the point of it is to show it and give access to it to every developer from the project, so everybody would have a point of reference. As it concerns ACS, the timing of the leak indicates that the footage would be in a relatively large access as it was pretty late in development (and as Ubisoft Quebec was the lead but not the only studio to work on Syndicate, the circle isn't that much smaller).

Anyway, this will be my last message regarding this topic as there's nothing more that I can say. But if you believe that Assassin's Creed Syndicate was leaked on purpose, you're free to believe that, but at that point you just become a conspiracy theorist.

VestigialLlama4
11-09-2015, 06:27 PM
The key assumption you make is that I assume in what mind Ubisoft management is. I work for Ubisoft (though, mind you, not on AC). Arguing your points may make me venture into NDA territory, so I'll just leave it at the point that they are in their right minds and if you disagree then let's just leave it at that. However, consider this. Kotaku was not invited to Ubisoft E3 press conference, and Stephen Totilo wasn't given a review copy of ACS, do you think Ubisoft would do that had relationship between Kotaku and the studio not been damaged?

Also, you misinterpret the purpose of target footage in game development. Generally speaking it is created to show what to strive for. While in the early stages it might be limited to only the core team, the point of it is to show it and give access to it to every developer from the project, so everybody would have a point of reference. As it concerns ACS, the timing of the leak indicates that the footage would be in a relatively large access as it was pretty late in development (and as Ubisoft Quebec was the lead but not the only studio to work on Syndicate, the circle isn't that much smaller).

Anyway, this will be my last message regarding this topic as there's nothing more that I can say. But if you believe that Assassin's Creed Syndicate was leaked on purpose, you're free to believe that, but at that point you just become a conspiracy theorist.

Well, consider myself humbled then. Anyway, I did think the timing was iffy that's all.

m4r-k7
11-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Oh god please don't let this be true. I don't want to go up in time to the interwar period, also to another place in god damn Europe. Assassins Creed can delve into any time period and it continues to go up in time?! Its just crazy. Saying that, I think its most definitely fake. I don't see them releasing the next AC game for last-gen aswell when Unity and Syndicate weren't and the user base is falling for last-gen (as proven in Ubisofts latest financial report)

I-Like-Pie45
11-09-2015, 06:53 PM
If diz happens to be Wild Westin' den Ubi gone be sued for plagiarizin' yo

ze_topazio
11-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Last gen game could be a movie tie-in in Spain reusing assets from the old games.

VestigialLlama4
11-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Last gen game could be a movie tie-in in Spain reusing assets from the old games.

I don't know if there will be another last-gen game. Rogue was the grand finale right?

crusader_prophet
11-09-2015, 07:53 PM
I want middle east again...feeling of crusades....a feeling of mystery and danger even as I walk the streets in broad daylight...that someone is looking for me...caves and tombs filled with first civilization puzzles and narrative...a looming threat...the bone chilling effect at the first scene of Altair in the ruins

cawatrooper9
11-09-2015, 07:53 PM
I don't know if there will be another last-gen game. Rogue was the grand finale right?

For the "Kenway Saga", apparently. I don't think there was any real convincing quote that it was supposed to round off all last gen consoles... but we didn't get one this year, so I don't know why we'd go backward...

I-Like-Pie45
11-09-2015, 07:59 PM
some finale yo, that was jus' wack n' weak like Doctor Poo-Who

VoXngola
11-09-2015, 08:11 PM
For the "Kenway Saga", apparently. I don't think there was any real convincing quote that it was supposed to round off all last gen consoles... but we didn't get one this year, so I don't know why we'd go backward...

Yves himself said that starting 2015 that they'll exlcusively develop games for current-gen consoles.
Ubisoft was the first company to drop support for old gen completely.

Reptilis91
11-09-2015, 08:23 PM
H-how do you know?

You just have to know the right people.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1100291-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-General-Discussion-(Console)?p=11037975#post11037975

Look closely at the date. And no post editing as you can see. I know, some of the info is not really clear, the shroud was not a cape but more like a scarf. But the 32 music boxes for example, this is very accurate.

ze_topazio
11-09-2015, 08:48 PM

I doubt there will be one, I was just having fun speculating.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1100291-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-General-Discussion-(Console)?p=11037975#post11037975

Look closely at the date. And no post editing as you can see. I know, some of the info is not really clear, the shroud was not a cape but more like a scarf. But the 32 music boxes for example, this is very accurate.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/6b072c97bbb74a3dd91b68566181abf2/tumblr_mws3fcM8Ne1r6l5jbo1_1280.jpg

Danny_rx7
11-09-2015, 08:52 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/6b072c97bbb74a3dd91b68566181abf2/tumblr_mws3fcM8Ne1r6l5jbo1_1280.jpg

+1 :D

So, Wild Wild West and Billy the Kid...? :/

http://i.imgur.com/DVEKBp5.png

ModernWaffle
11-09-2015, 09:00 PM

Yeah, that is accurate all right - don't mind me, I'll be stalking all your posts now to get the quickest info :rolleyes:

Well, assuming it's true, glad that we won't be confined to one city next time and hopefully this gives a chance for a return of a frontier / river valley setting since I miss doing parkour on natural environments. If we are staying in the west that is quite interesting since I have no clue where they might go, I feel as if the major locations have been covered already.

Time period is also a question, if they went with somewhere in Asia they could go forward in time and still have a setting that isn't too close to a modern day period given the differences in development between western and eastern countries (was hoping that this would happen so that we might see a return of sword combat) - but if it's in the west, are they going pass 19th century or simply jump back in time like the transition from AC3-4?

VoXngola
11-09-2015, 10:59 PM

Grr I'm jealous! :D

Pretty interesting, like modernwaffle I also wonder what they could do.

I-Like-Pie45
11-09-2015, 11:01 PM
+1 :D

So, Wild Wild West and Billy the Kid...? :/

http://i.imgur.com/DVEKBp5.png

the funny thing is that billy the kid was just a punk poser who never capped anyone for reals and wyatt earp was jus a drunk and wack agent of the Man who enjoyed shootin people for expressin' freedom of speech so it would be very bad for them to be featured in an ac game as cool cats yo 'cuz that would continue the trend o' historical lies started by Unity

so all in all everyone and everythin' ya know 'bout the West was jus' a lie. Especially Custard's Last Stand!

now Black Bart here (http://www.blackbart.com/) was a real homie, he legit, he can be an assassin friend or sage as well as mah brotha from another species' motha, Bass Reeves: http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-bassreeves.html

far more interestin' than just more rehashin' of billy the dead kid, wyatt too many movies 'bout this poser earp, and jesse greedy fool james

its time for Ubisoft to shed sum light on da real Western legends, not just dem lies spread by the system's cronies John Ford, John Wayne, and other biased Hollywood pineapples.

pacmanate
11-09-2015, 11:31 PM
I say Feb,

Also am I the only person Disappointed the Jack the Ripper thing wasn't released on Halloween? I get it would be too early but still..

Sushiglutton
11-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Leo

Hah, perfect use of that meme!

You mean the West as in Red Dead, or the West as in Europe/US? It actually would make sense to return to US as I suspect that is pretty great for sales.

crusader_prophet
11-10-2015, 12:05 AM

Please tell me by 'WEST' you mean in general western countries, and NOT WILD WEST! I hate that kind of theme.

RA503
11-10-2015, 12:48 AM
All the doubts ends guys,is Wild West watch the last Assassin Intel again and you will see(the Desmond Son thing) this is confirmed first by Black Flag now Syndicate,the sad is that I can't think in any Piece of Eden that combines with this theme,we will have some abstract thing like the great temple key again...

I-Like-Pie45
11-10-2015, 12:50 AM
its not teh Wild West yo 'cuz Rockstar Games created the concept of the Wild West and so Ubi would be mad infringin' on trademarks if they made one! Besides, the Wild West wasn't even a real historical period, G-Dawgs!

ze_topazio
11-10-2015, 01:13 AM
The Old West setting could have great historical characters like Mad Dog Tannen, Clint Eastwood and Emmett L. Brown.

Reptilis91
11-10-2015, 01:30 AM
I meant western country, that's all.

m4r-k7
11-10-2015, 01:33 AM
^ Cmon give us some more hints... like the period xD

RA503
11-10-2015, 01:33 AM

''This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.''

I think in two only possibilities,the Old West,or Egypt during Napoleonic war...

If Egypt was east,we know the answer...

Someone Writte western country in google images,this maybe help with the answer...

ze_topazio
11-10-2015, 02:07 AM

That was obvious, :) some people are just too obsessed with the idea of Assassin Cowboys. ;)

Can you just say if is set after Syndicate's time period or before?

ERICATHERINE
11-10-2015, 06:12 AM
Well, let's see now. First,we got to ride horses. Then carriages. After that we got the trains. I think the next vehicul we'll use if we get a wild west assassin's creed will be :
(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHRtlXDOqOU
XD

I-Like-Pie45
11-10-2015, 07:25 AM
That was obvious, :) some people are just too obsessed with the idea of Assassin Cowboys. ;)

Can you just say if is set after Syndicate's time period or before?

I be thinkin you just jealous dat all tha Spaghetti Westerns was filmed up in Spain, not yo' Portugal.

True_Assassin92
11-10-2015, 11:36 AM
I think they might be going to the 100 years war between france and england...We've seen both capitals and thus it might be something to set up between these two countries. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH2AZPJfLjo&list=PLsCnTig29IKb0x6_8mw3eDH_ZA1icZNs4

Remembering this video and holding in mind the medieval parts of unity (introduction leads us to the post-grandtemplar period of jacques the molay). Next there is the third anomaly that takes places in 1394 medieval paris (right in the middle of the 100 years war)...

So it might be a period where there's a lot of conflict (ideal), templars at disarray (Molay)- contrasting the rule of templars in victiorian london. It brings along a nice opportunity to bring back naval warfare.

Just a thought about the West...and to hoping they go back in time :)

Edit: I don't know much about the movie, but didn't the protagonist live in the15th century? If they use the last period of the 100 years wars, it might give them an opportunity to tie it in with the movie.

ze_topazio
11-10-2015, 01:00 PM
I be thinkin you just jealous dat all tha Spaghetti Westerns was filmed up in Spain, not yo' Portugal.

We actually had our own "Wild West", after our own civil war (1828-1834), the army of the losing side was pushed to the Alentejo region, a region very similar to the wild west of the movies, these former soldiers organized themselves in gangs and lived of crime for sometime, attacking villages and farms, just like in Western movies.

RA503
11-10-2015, 01:40 PM
We will have the Lazer Gun of Eden,the one Jupter use in Juno's explanation on AC 3.

m4r-k7
11-10-2015, 03:40 PM
http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2015-09-11-possible-new-assassin-s-creed-titles-uncovered

Rising Sun teased in the credits of Syndicate and past AC games? Is this even real? If so it would line up with the Japan rumours xD

Maybe its the Rising Pheonix game.

Danny_rx7
11-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Fake?

VoXngola
11-10-2015, 05:35 PM
That's so laughable. I mean, wow. Such a poor attempt to gain views and create speculation.
This is faker than Assassin's Creed Great Fall (remember that?)

RA503
11-10-2015, 07:45 PM
http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2015-09-11-possible-new-assassin-s-creed-titles-uncovered

Rising Sun teased in the credits of Syndicate and past AC games? Is this even real? If so it would line up with the Japan rumours xD

Maybe its the Rising Pheonix game.

Fake or a Ubsoft ruse to distract people since they read this forum and know we already discover the next setting...

(Assassins Intel of Unity said that Rising Phoenix is a thing created by Abstergo to spread misinformation for people don't discover and if discover don't believe about Project Phoenix,Since this series is full of meta jokes...)

cawatrooper9
11-10-2015, 08:39 PM
That's so laughable. I mean, wow. Such a poor attempt to gain views and create speculation.
This is faker than Assassin's Creed Great Fall (remember that?)

I guess I've always thought that Great Fall (along with Comet) was a working title for Rogue. I mean, it defintntly makes more sense than "Comet" given the context.

Reptilis91
11-10-2015, 11:46 PM
^ Cmon give us some more hints... like the period xD

Don't be impatient.^^ I'm not even sure if everyone wants to know. :confused:

And I can only think of obvious hints. I might as well tell you everything I know.

ze_topazio
11-10-2015, 11:52 PM
At least is good to know there will be more than one city, like I asked you before, can you tell if it's set after the events of Syndicate or before?

Reptilis91
11-11-2015, 12:36 AM
Remember the last survey from Ubisoft?

VoXngola
11-11-2015, 12:50 AM
Hold up!!
Do you mean this one?

http://puu.sh/dsTuP/6724474c67.jpg

Edit: It's not :(

ze_topazio
11-11-2015, 12:53 AM
^ That is not the last survey.

I already forgot the questions. :(

Infinity8-8
11-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Hold up!!
Do you mean this one?

http://puu.sh/dsTuP/6724474c67.jpg

Edit: It's not :(

Is this from the Assassin's Creed Syndicate survey? If so then it probably would be one of these locations.

My guess would be ''The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors''.

m4r-k7
11-11-2015, 03:30 PM
My guess is that it will be Russia during Russian Revolution as architecture is similar to London and it would retain the rope launcher due to the large streets. But I really hope its not.

ImaginaryRuins
11-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Rather than another full AC title, I just want to ask whether Creed Chronicles India & Russia are completely forgotten? Chronicles China was out way back in April, and now it is nearly mid-November. Aren't the two games supposed to be out within 2015?

Frank9182011
11-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Remember the last survey from Ubisoft?

Oh man, you're killing us with this.

Something more substantial, pretty please?

RA503
11-11-2015, 07:36 PM
This one ? http://nerdist.com/recent-ubisoft-survey-indicates-skyrim-2-red-dead-redemption-2-may-be-on-their-way/

The4orTy67
11-11-2015, 08:11 PM
http://store.ubiworkshop.com/product_images/b/682/Seed7-ACartwork-FINAL_real_quart__52359_zoom.jpg
This will never be reality?

cawatrooper9
11-11-2015, 08:24 PM
This will never be reality?

Personally, I'd love to see a Wild West game somewhere down the line. Maybe sometime between 2018-2020. But now, I think we need some new, but exciting period, preferably a setting that the average layperson doesn't really know all that much about. Also, preferably something that isn't in America or Western Europe, doesn't heavily feature British Accents, and is either before the 1700s or after 1900 (while the first two points seem to be the general consensus of most gamers, I think most would also ONLY want a game before 1700... but I hold on to the idea that something in the twentieth century could be fun as well.)

m4r-k7
11-11-2015, 08:47 PM
I just realized that the assassins cowboy hat has a beak on it xD

ze_topazio
11-11-2015, 09:30 PM
This one ? http://nerdist.com/recent-ubisoft-survey-indicates-skyrim-2-red-dead-redemption-2-may-be-on-their-way/

Yes, that was the latest survey, but I don't remember them asking any possible setting in that one, and I can't find all the questions online, websites only took notice of the RDR 2 thing.

Sushiglutton
11-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Haha we are all Reptil's slaves now :D!

ze_topazio
11-11-2015, 10:14 PM
Can't be helped, this is pretty exciting. :)

Obviously he won't tell us anything since that could potentially get his friend in trouble I imagine, but it's fun begging for hints.

RVSage
11-11-2015, 10:14 PM
My listing of 2016 AC games by probability

1. Egypt(Probability: 65%)

1. Ashraf Ismail's interview before release of black flag (that he would love to see the series go to egypt sometime )
2. Post black flag he has been working on an unannounced project (fits 2-3 general AC development time)(See Ashraf's twitter or linkedin page
3. Mention of Cairo @the end of dead kings, Ankh features in the project phoenix video
4. According to the poll above it is the most sought out time period

2. Japan (Probability : 25 %)

1. The famous Abstergo page depicting Unity, Syndicate and of course a game in Japan
2. The Rising phoenix concept artist now works for Ubisoft
3. The second ranked location in the poll above

3. India (Probability: 10%)
1. Kohi-noor the most powerful piece of eden (Can bind all the PoEs)
2. Corey May wanted to do a game in the Raj(He is not part of Ubisoft anymore though)
2. Arbaaz Mir/Jayadeep Mir(Henry Green), were present in Graphic Novel/Syndicate . Ubisoft have a few times, tied in their characters. to consecutive locations.
Quoting myself from the other thread,
I am guessing late Feb or early March since Jack the Ripper is releasing on December. They played down Syndicate marketing this time. They will likely begin earlier, if the game sells well enough, And If Ashraf is heading the project , same time frame was Black Flag can be expected

Sushiglutton
11-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Can't be helped, this is pretty exciting. :)

Obviously he won't tell us anything since that could potentially get his friend in trouble I imagine, but it's fun begging for hints.

Agree, and overinterpreting the ones we get :D!

Quoting myself from the other thread,
I am guessing late Feb or early March since Jack the Ripper is releasing on December. They played down Syndicate marketing this time. They will likely begin earlier, if the game sells well enough, And If Ashraf is heading the project , same time frame was Black Flag can be expected

Reptil said "the West" though (as in "western country"). None of your settings are western. Also you should let them add up to less than 100% so you have an escape route :p

The4orTy67
11-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Going Wild West would really make me want to buy a new Assassin's Creed, my first AC was AC II which I bought in 2013 (I was pretty late to the party). Since then I have played III, Revelations, IV and Unity. Can't say I'm too big a fan because I am still mourning my Prince.

RVSage
11-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Reptil said "the West" though (as in "western country"). None of your settings are western. Also you should let them add up to less than 100% so you have an escape route :p

I stick to my theories :D I will never be unhappy if I am wrong. Reptil has been right once before. And the amount of accuracy, on his syndicate post just makes me wonder, if he is a Ubi rep in disguise. If he is not, glad he is not spoiling everything

Kaschra
11-12-2015, 01:28 AM
Don't be impatient.^^ I'm not even sure if everyone wants to know. :confused:

And I can only think of obvious hints. I might as well tell you everything I know.

Can't you give us another hint, please? I'm overly curious right now
Is it a country that we already visited in any AC game?

VoXngola
11-12-2015, 01:38 AM
Haha reptil, you done it now.:p

I-Like-Pie45
11-12-2015, 03:46 AM
Can't you give us another hint, please? I'm overly curious right now
Is it a country that we already visited in any AC game?

AC 2016 announcement trailer leak (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew1WBwh3zgo)

The Frontier is back, gameplay revolves heavily around hunting and survival in wild nature.

dimbismp
11-12-2015, 07:43 AM
Western game using the ACU assets.===>Russia it is IMO

DisCrafted
11-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Western game using the ACU assets.===>Russia it is IMO
Nobody said anything about ACU Assets though, I personally think we're gonna see a new engine. Besides we already have Chronicles Russia so i doubt we'll see a full 3D game for it.

harsab
11-12-2015, 11:51 AM
I don't think the next game will be in europe. Unless we are carrying on Evie & Jacobs story i refuse to believe that.

Consus_E
11-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Spain or Portugal maybe?
Hope it's not another "western" setting... Maybe West Asia? West of the American west coast? West of Indonesia?
I just don't think we need an AC game about shooting lever action rifles, or a Wild West game about beating people up with brass knuckles and or a cane sword... Okay a lasso would be kinda cool.

ERICATHERINE
11-14-2015, 03:32 PM
I wanna ride my metal tarrentula of 80 foot. It would be so cool. XD

cawatrooper9
12-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Well, it's December 7th. If my info is correct, AC Victory... *ahem*... AC Syndicate was leaked last year on December 2nd, so by that (somewhat twisted) logic we're in injury time now.

It looks like four people here predicted we'll get it this month. I wouldn't mind if they ended up being right, but I still think they'll hold off for a while, content to let the general aura of good will surrounding Syndicate to continue longer.

Civona
12-07-2015, 10:22 PM
voted for no 2016 AC game even though i'm itching for something like that after skipping syndicate

ze_topazio
12-10-2015, 07:33 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/3w96t5/ubisoft_china_confirmed_a_new_assassins_creed/

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/675013295628226560?p=v

SURPRISE! Ubisoft China confirmed a new Assassins Creed game is in development and Ubisoft Cheng Du is involved

Ubisoft China confirmed a new Assassins Creed game is in development

confirmed a new Assassins Creed game is in development

a new Assassins Creed game is in development

OMG, didn't see that coming. :eek:

Also they did hint that multiplayer could be making a return.

:eek::eek::eek:

Chinese studio working on this, let the speculation begin.

Assassins Creed 2016 Chinese setting confirmed!!

or maybe Japan.

VestigialLlama4
12-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Chinese studio working on this, let the speculation begin.

Assassins Creed 2016 Chinese setting confirmed!!

or maybe Japan.

It would be hilarious if a Chinese-based studio is working on an AC Japan game. China and Japan are not exactly friends, not these days anyway.

ze_topazio
12-10-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm aware of that, it would be like if they made an AC about France and all the characters spoke English with a British accent, oh wait, they actually made that...

BananaBlighter
12-10-2015, 07:53 PM
But are we sure this is for 2016?

And nowhere does it say that they are leading the project.

cawatrooper9
12-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Interesting. Lots of variables and reasons to doubt right now, but good find!

Sorrosyss
12-10-2015, 08:43 PM
But are we sure this is for 2016?

And nowhere does it say that they are leading the project.

I had a quick look, and apparently they have done work on six AC games so far. For Syndicate they helped on some art pieces, specifically boat textures, and apparently some kind of R&D assistance.

Sounds like they are probably doing random stuff for the next game too. There was a great infographic before Syndicate came out that showed how all the different studios divide up the work loads. Pretty interesting though, especially if the multiplayer part is true.

RVSage
12-10-2015, 09:35 PM
They are working on the game, just like with syndicate they worked on boat system

BananaBlighter
12-10-2015, 10:13 PM
So nothing new, except a sort of confirmation about multiplayer.

ze_topazio
12-10-2015, 10:27 PM
lol I never said they are leading the project, the "Chinese studio working on this, let the speculation begin. Assassins Creed 2016 Chinese setting confirmed!!" was just a joke, this news doesn't confirm anything whatsoever, is just random news to entertain us while we wait for any leak or official announcement.