PDA

View Full Version : Skills You Won't Unlock

Wolfmeister1010
11-03-2015, 05:43 AM
The skill system in Syndicate appears to be a lot more in depth and in tune with the environment and characters than previous games, but some of them seem to detract from the fun and challenge of the game. Luckily, they are optional, and basically all the ones I don't like are not gonna keep me from good skills. I.E, by refusing to by X skill, I will still be able to buy higher level Y skill, even though some skills are locked behind "first get this skill".

Anyway, I'm curious about which ones, if any, you guys chose not to unlock, in both the skill and gang upgrade categories. Here's mine

Skills:

Slayer 1 or Slayer 2- Don't need OP moves to do what leveling up my gear and weapons does.

Mutilate 2- Don't wanna make it too easy

Chameleon- This ability is ridiculous in every way, and is also an eyesore

Loot Takedown- More of an immersion thing. I'd hate to hear the loot sound effect and text every time I do a takedown.

First Strike 1 or First Strike 2- I hate the animation for this attack, and also I think it defeats the whole purpose of trying to be stealthy.

Gang Upgrades:

Poison the Well- Cheap way to make enemies even more easy

Dull Blades- Definitely want the challenge to remain

Notoriety- Loved how in Unity you needed to be wary of these enemies. I want to feel the danger of London's streets, and let my badassery show through combat, not through sheer intimidation.

To be honest, I see some people complaining that the game gets really easy, but if you see, there are skills that basically make every aspect of combat easier- We got like 2 skills that exaggerate your attack power, skill that makes your first attack a one shot kill, a skill that lowers enemy health and dull's their blades, an upgrade that makes enemies terrified of you...

I'm just glad these skills are optional.

I also hope that taking over districts doesn't make enemies so rare.

cawatrooper9
11-03-2015, 03:35 PM
I waited until I finished the main story to give Evie Chameleon. Other than that, none of them bother me that much.

ION_05
11-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Idk about anyone else but the slayer skill hardly works for me anyways, but slayer 2 comes in handy trying to kill multiple higher ranked enemies.

Consus_E
11-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Chameleon the single most pointless and immersion breaking thing in syndicate...

Alphacos007
11-04-2015, 11:54 AM
I finished the main story and then unlocked all of them because I'm a completionist sucker and wanted to be level 10 :|

Sorrosyss
11-04-2015, 04:18 PM
I unlocked them all early on. I wish I had left Chameleon though, as it rarely worked and was really distracting popping on and off constantly. Just badly designed all round, it should have been a toggle and tied to a Piece of Eden. I fully understand the hate for it in its current iteration.