PDA

View Full Version : So is AC Initiates site dead?

Farlander1991
11-02-2015, 11:49 PM
I know there's a specific AC Initiates page thread, but I think this particular question deserves its own thread.

Uplay now got this thing with XP and stuff that's kinda similar to what ACI did for AC games.
There's no update of ACI for the release of ACS.

So... is the site dead? Or kept alive just for maintenance for games that have connection to it, like AC4 and ACU?

SixKeys
11-03-2015, 12:54 AM
Ubi tend to not announce when one of their sites goes belly-up. Assassin Network, Abstergo Industries, etc. I'd say it's safe to assume Initiates is dead and not coming back.

Sorrosyss
11-03-2015, 01:34 AM
No Syndicate or ACC China on there. :(

Alas, doesn't look good.

strigoi1958
11-03-2015, 11:10 AM
It's been surpassed with the Ubi Club. All the badges, achievements and rewards are there and comparisons with friends. it has levels, plus twitter and news feeds and challenges should be coming soon (Which I like, but I'm not very good)

Sorrosyss
11-03-2015, 04:25 PM
In terms of the tracking, the Club is inferior. It only tracks the uplay actions and rewards. Initiates actually tracked your synchronisation and multiplayer rankings. For me that was kind of rewarding for your efforts to try and do everything in each game. With the Club, you really can't see a completionist's efforts recorded and that's a bit sad.

SixKeys
11-03-2015, 05:34 PM
In terms of the tracking, the Club is inferior. It only tracks the uplay actions and rewards. Initiates actually tracked your synchronisation and multiplayer rankings. For me that was kind of rewarding for your efforts to try and do everything in each game. With the Club, you really can't see a completionist's efforts recorded and that's a bit sad.

OTOH, the Club seems to actually work properly. Initiates never did.

JWRK
11-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Initiates was kind of prettier, I find. The game XP screen is beautiful.

Going4Quests
11-03-2015, 07:52 PM
I agree that Initiates is prettier.

strigoi1958
11-03-2015, 09:37 PM
but initiates was only ever in alpha or beta stage... I don't think it ever got to full release state... but I'm sure they could re introduce some features if we ask and it is possible (even though my completionists are embarrassing )....

I like the way the club is set out... it looks more organised to me and more colourful... plus I really like the twitter and news feeds.

Eduard413
11-05-2015, 12:45 AM
I hope AC Initiates is dead and will stay dead... I always hated that website... that was one of the reason why ModernDay went downhill
btw I really love AC syndicate thx Ubisoft for finally bringing back Modern-Day story - well it is not Desmond and no gameplay, but there is story progression and also lot of interesting audio files
unlike Unity - which after replaying I must say is actually a good game and story is better than I remembered, but.... it is still the worst in the AC series and fact that there was no ModernDay was totally stupid
I really, really hope that Ubisoft will continue ModernDay. they did a good job with Syndicate and I hope that next year we will have ModernDay again + I think those audio files in Syndicate about Dr.Gramatica and Shroud experiments would be even better if they were actual videos with subtitles

Tobbi1993
11-05-2015, 11:29 PM
I miss the Initiates site. And by that I don't mean the version that launched with Unity, but the one with the world map and timeline, where you could read various database entries about events that happend across the whole AC timeline. The one, where people organized regular multiplayer sessions, even for the older versions of the multiplayer. Where every week day a new memory was released along with a little riddle to solve. The one, that had missions that encouraged you to actually replay some of the older title like AC3. Was everything perfect? Of course not. There were always some bugs since I joined Initiates back in February 2013, and the tracking never worked perfectly, but it was still fun to visit the site daily and discover some new interesting memories or features.

But yeah, I think it's dead. By closing the Initiates forums and forcing it into Unity, Ubisoft killed the site and the community that was build around it. We can only hope that they will bring back the interactive map in some way or another, because it was the best tool to catch up on the events of past Assassins Creed titles that I have seen so far.

Jessigirl2013
03-19-2016, 01:02 PM
I miss the Initiates site. And by that I don't mean the version that launched with Unity, but the one with the world map and timeline, where you could read various database entries about events that happend across the whole AC timeline. The one, where people organized regular multiplayer sessions, even for the older versions of the multiplayer. Where every week day a new memory was released along with a little riddle to solve. The one, that had missions that encouraged you to actually replay some of the older title like AC3. Was everything perfect? Of course not. There were always some bugs since I joined Initiates back in February 2013, and the tracking never worked perfectly, but it was still fun to visit the site daily and discover some new interesting memories or features.

But yeah, I think it's dead. By closing the Initiates forums and forcing it into Unity, Ubisoft killed the site and the community that was build around it. We can only hope that they will bring back the interactive map in some way or another, because it was the best tool to catch up on the events of past Assassins Creed titles that I have seen so far.

I think you mean before BF as the update they did for Unity got rid of this...

Anyone know where you can find these database entries????

:(

As I've seen your other posts its clear this is either a spambot or a user peddling his viruses to others.:mad:

Senningiri_GR
03-19-2016, 02:38 PM
I think you mean before BF as the update they did for Unity got rid of this...

As I've seen your other posts its clear this is either a spambot or a user peddling his viruses to others.:mad:

You can find the database entries here: http://www.accesstheanimus.com/assassins_creed_initiates.html
But I have a feeling that part of the Initiates database is lost and I am not sure why...

ERICATHERINE
03-19-2016, 06:06 PM

You can find the database entries here: http://www.accesstheanimus.com/assassins_creed_initiates.html
But I have a feeling that part of the Initiates database is lost and I am not sure why...

Yes some part of the database are missing in that site. For exemple the reinvention of the weel. Here is 2 other sites for some of the holes in the database of that site. ^-^

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Initiates

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Black_Widow9
03-19-2016, 11:10 PM

Please report the post or PM one of us if we happen to miss it. Thanks!

Jessigirl2013
03-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Thanks... No idea why UBI decided to delete them though...

Yes some part of the database are missing in that site. For exemple the reinvention of the weel. Here is 2 other sites for some of the holes in the database of that site. ^-^

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Initiates

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Thanks, Is this all the entries?

Please report the post or PM one of us if we happen to miss it. Thanks!

I usually do but the report page wasn't loading.

ERICATHERINE
03-20-2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks, Is this all the entries?

No, even with the 3 links combined, there is still some entries missing, like the one of the reinvention of the weel, which was in the year -3000. On the other hand, the timeline link, start it's event before that -3000, since it begin in the Esu era and finnish after the events of surveillance. The last time I readed it finnished with some event about Charlotte de la Cruz. ^-^

Senningiri_GR
03-20-2016, 06:43 PM
But I must say that even when AC initiates was working it didnt cover AC Revelations events like the other game's. There were only 4-5 entries, while for AC2 there were more than 20

Black_Widow9
03-20-2016, 07:22 PM
It is probably an effect of retiring the Initiates Website (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1345060) honestly.

ubiLocksmith500
06-30-2017, 03:25 AM
thats sad i really liked how they did the website but very glitchy