PDA

View Full Version : Any animations you would like to see make a come back?

flavorcountry19
11-02-2015, 07:53 PM
like combat moves? finishers? blending?...etc!

I would love to have the air assassination move come back where you just drop down with your arm in the air and then right when you land you just rocket it into their neck!! No like landing first and knocking them over, then stabbing them! it was all just one awesome smooth motion!

And bring back the more variety of social blending things!

Like in AC3 there were all types of things you could use to blend. crowds, benches, food stands, walls, boxes, fishers and i think a few more!

cawatrooper9
11-02-2015, 08:02 PM
I always liked Connor's roll finisher that he did in combat.

Also, Ezio had a brutal finisher where he flurry stabbed his enemy- Connor had a double takedown that was similar, I think.

Also, Ezio's sassy stab where he just kind of let the enemy slowly fall off the end of his sword.

Sorry, I'd find videos, but I'm too lazy.

flavorcountry19
11-02-2015, 08:04 PM
I always liked Connor's roll finisher that he did in combat.

Also, Ezio had a brutal finisher where he flurry stabbed his enemy- Connor had a double takedown that was similar, I think.

Also, Ezio's sassy stab where he just kind of let the enemy slowly fall off the end of his sword.

Sorry, I'd find videos, but I'm too lazy.

not at all mate! those kills are fresh in my mind! i loved the like 5-6 stomach stab he would do with his hidden blades!

and yeah connors roll kill was always so brutal and smooth!

cawatrooper9
11-02-2015, 08:20 PM
not at all mate! those kills are fresh in my mind! i loved the like 5-6 stomach stab he would do with his hidden blades!

and yeah connors roll kill was always so brutal and smooth!

Haha, well I'm glad that I wasn't too unbearably vague, then.

I also want to give an honorable to Jacob/Evie's somersault over obstacles in Syndicate. It was cool enough when Arno slid over items, but the somersault was actually really awesome looking. I guess I'm easily impressed.

BananaBlighter
11-02-2015, 08:29 PM
Ezio's flurry stabs and Connor's rolls in combat were awesome. I'm probably the minority here but I actually prefer Unity's air assassination animation. It takes longer so there's more time to get detected. It also emphasizes the epic stab and feels a lot more powerful. Though it is a bit unrealistic that you can drop from such heights, especially since with the animation in previous games, you would use the victim to cushion the impact. Actually all high profile assassinations in Unity are slow, though I don't mind, just don't waste time killing people when you're running away!

SixKeys
11-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Alta´r's running assassination:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/assassins-creed-altair-ibn-la-ahad-crusader-games-1600x1200-wallpaper_www.wall321.com_11.jpg

Ezio has the same one, but Alta´r's was a bit slower, the camera would zoom out to capture the moment. I loved that.

I always liked the stealth assassination animation in AC1 where Alta´r would sneak behind a guard and stab them while holding a hand in front of their mouth to muffle their cries. The body would go limp in his arms and he would gently lay it down.

Also this:

https://randomprodinc.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/assassins-creed-brotherhood-44c1bd99138034.jpeg

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr193/gbiese/830px-ACB_PC_SP_09_SalaiAndEzioFightingHermetecist.jpg

Always gets me pumped up with that loud gunshot to the face.

As for blending, I miss the one in AC4 that only happens in the jungle demo (Blackbeard's party), where Edward crouches down next to some card players sitting around a fire and pretends to be playing.

Unity had a whole bunch of cool hidden blade animations, I hope at some some of them are in Syndicate.

cawatrooper9
11-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Alta´r's running assassination:

http://wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/assassins-creed-altair-ibn-la-ahad-crusader-games-1600x1200-wallpaper_www.wall321.com_11.jpg

Yup- that, plus the loud hidden blade sound (my texttone, btw) are some things that the first game definitely got right.

BananaBlighter
11-02-2015, 10:40 PM
I always liked the stealth assassination animation in AC1 where Alta´r would sneak behind a guard and stab them while holding a hand in front of their mouth to muffle their cries. The body would go limp in his arms and he would gently lay it down.

I agree, nice and slow that one.

Y'know I just realised summin. It always bugged me that guards didn't cry out when being assassinated, though with the high profile assassinations in Unity it makes sense because he winds them by throwing them on to the ground first. In Syndicate the stealth assassinations are the same as you trip them up first and then stab them.

Deezl-V
11-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Is it anything like this?

http://youtu.be/67RuP3T0dMs

And I don't think they should bring back any old animations cuz everyone should have their own style. No two assassins should be alike. Let them kill their own way. I'm already annoyed that they used many of Arno's animations for Jacob.

cawatrooper9
11-02-2015, 11:20 PM
I agree, nice and slow that one.

Y'know I just realised summin. It always bugged me that guards didn't cry out when being assassinated, though with the high profile assassinations in Unity it makes sense because he winds them by throwing them on to the ground first. In Syndicate the stealth assassinations are the same as you trip them up first and then stab them.

Yup, they reused a lot of the Unity stealth kills, but added a few more.

RzaRecta357
11-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Personally really enjoy this games animations but really miss the classic jump assassination everyone keeps mentioning from Altair.

Also, it's dorky but I missed the ancestors having the same walk. Now that they aren't always related it makes sense... Except Jacob has Arno's run and walk.

SixKeys
11-03-2015, 01:02 AM
Personally really enjoy this games animations but really miss the classic jump assassination everyone keeps mentioning from Altair.

Also, it's dorky but I missed the ancestors having the same walk. Now that they aren't always related it makes sense... Except Jacob has Arno's run and walk.

Yeah, it's especially weird because Jacob and Arno have such a different style. Arno is lithe, agile and refined in his movements, being a nobleman and more of a stealth type. Jacob should have less elegant movements and a confident stride.

Wolfmeister1010
11-03-2015, 02:20 AM
I'd like the AC1 or AC4 knife throwing animations back.

It, honestly, baffles me to the point of pure unadulterated disbelief how awful the quick throw knife animations in Syndicate are.

Not only does the player barely use any sort of flick of the wrist or arm movement, but their entire body stays rigid and awkward as hell, with the only part of the body moving an inch be the elbow down to the hand. They aren't throwing paper clips. It takes more exertion than that to throw a knife accurately and at a reasonable distance.

It seriously looks like a placeholder animation. Have never seen anything so abysmal in the animation department in an AC game.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-03-2015, 05:23 AM
I'd like to be able to have Jacob and Evie sit on a bench. Does that count as an "animation"?

It was in all previous AC games. I have no idea why they removed it from this one. Makes it hard to just restfully take in the scenery.

VestigialLlama4
11-03-2015, 06:52 AM
I'd like to be able to have Jacob and Evie sit on a bench. Does that count as an "animation"?

It was in all previous AC games. I have no idea why they removed it from this one. Makes it hard to just restfully take in the scenery.

Oh and it would have been a kick-a-- homage to BROTHERS. Both siblings sit on a bench together and take in the landscape...damn it Ubisoft!

CarthageBP
11-03-2015, 09:56 AM
I'd honestly like to see "Pet Animal" back in the game.

It got taken out in Unity, and I was admittedly, super disappointed.

cawatrooper9
11-03-2015, 03:34 PM

It, honestly, baffles me to the point of pure unadulterated disbelief how awful the quick throw knife animations in Syndicate are.

Not only does the player barely use any sort of flick of the wrist or arm movement, but their entire body stays rigid and awkward as hell, with the only part of the body moving an inch be the elbow down to the hand. They aren't throwing paper clips. It takes more exertion than that to throw a knife accurately and at a reasonable distance.

It seriously looks like a placeholder animation. Have never seen anything so abysmal in the animation department in an AC game.

I like the aiming for knife throwing. In fact, this is the first game in the series where I've actually used knives to a great extent.

That being said, they're way overpowered in quick throw. I can easily kill a level 9 as a level 3 or 4 with knives...

flavorcountry19
11-03-2015, 04:31 PM

You can still sit on benches?

Billiam301
11-03-2015, 06:06 PM
I always liked the look of the run/jump assassination Connor did on this trailer at 1:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiVJG_mrtFo

Shame it didn't make it into the final game

Pr0metheus 1962
11-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Just found out you CAN sit on benches - if you can find one with two people sitting with a gap between them. Unfortunately, they're quite rare (I hadn't seen any until today).

Another little thing I like is that if you drive a bus with people on it, they will behave as if you're driving like a madman. The funny thing is, they even act this way if you're just hiding as a passenger, so they start abusing the driver (who is usually driving very slowly and carefully LOL).

m4r-k7
11-03-2015, 06:40 PM
I want the original parkour up animation that Altair and Ezio had as they actually used their legs to run up a wall. In Unity and Syndicate, they act like a cat when initially climbing a wall. The massive leaps they do whilst parkouring also bugs me as its hugely unrealistic (although for Syndicate I understand they did this as the buildings are so high).

BananaBlighter
11-03-2015, 07:36 PM

I hate the knife and gun animations in Syndicate. In BF, quickshotting mid battle was fluid and really quite epic. In Syndicate they obviously couldn't be bothered to make any satisfying animation; all you see is a hand pulling out a gun, a noise, and it disappearing away again. Only the arm moves and it's really off-putting. Hell even in Unity it was a lot better. I think we're once again seeing the effects of annualisation and how it leads to unpolished and lazy mechanics.

phoenix-force411
11-03-2015, 08:17 PM
None. They should stay in their games or else you end up with Tomahawk animations for dual-swords. It's these returning animations that make the games feel old.

CalgaryJay
11-08-2015, 09:54 AM
I think it was Brotherhood, when Ezio had a spear, he had a finisher where the spear would be sticking straight up in the air, with a guy completely horizontal at the top with it going in his back and the point out of his chest or stomach. Then he'd slowly sink to the bottom of the spear. I'd love to see that finisher return (obviously can't in Syndicate, with no spears).

Meowrynn
11-08-2015, 12:19 PM
I really want for them to bring back the ability to steal weapon. The moves are just fantastic xD

BananaBlighter
11-08-2015, 12:34 PM
I want the original parkour up animation that Altair and Ezio had as they actually used their legs to run up a wall. In Unity and Syndicate, they act like a cat when initially climbing a wall. The massive leaps they do whilst parkouring also bugs me as its hugely unrealistic (although for Syndicate I understand they did this as the buildings are so high).

This so badly. Actually I preferred AC3-Rogue since it was pretty realistic (not as believable as AC1) but was also pretty efficient. Honestly, if we have the rope launcher in Syndicate we don't need the climbing to be so ridiculously fast.