PDA

View Full Version : Full Sync Requirements

Dangerzone50
11-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Seriously, screw full sync requirements... By the time I had to restart those missions over again and restart those checkpoints until I completed your arbitrary challenges (which are usually so constricting, limiting, annoying, and so far from how I normally play btw) I was fed up beyond measure.

Those missions are going down as such a poor memory that I just had to give them a one star.

You want our feedback, well here it is... Seriously, **** off with the full sync requirements and stop ruining brilliant missions with bs like "take no damage" or "don't get detected"... No one enjoys that ****, stop deluding yourselves into thinking that we do.

People have been complaining about those things since brotherhood... Time to listen.

Thirsty_panda
11-02-2015, 07:46 AM
Or maybe it's your problem for being so OCD in thinking that you have to full synch? Honestly, there there to be an additional challenge, even if you had your heart set on doing it eventually, it doesn't have to be your first play through.

SofaJockey
11-02-2015, 07:47 AM
Seriously, screw full sync requirements... By the time I had to restart those missions over again and restart those checkpoints until I completed your arbitrary challenges (which are usually so constricting, limiting, annoying, and so far from how I normally play btw) I was fed up beyond measure.

Those missions are going down as such a poor memory that I just had to give them a one star.

You want our feedback, well here it is... Seriously, **** off with the full sync requirements and stop ruining brilliant missions with bs like "take no damage" or "don't get detected"... No one enjoys that ****, stop deluding yourselves into thinking that we do.

People have been complaining about those things since brotherhood... Time to listen.

Sometimes people do enjoy that, but it depends on the mission.
Sure, the 'take no damage' side quest is hard, but can be done.

BananaBlighter
11-02-2015, 07:15 PM
I like them. None of the requirements in Syndicate were really hard, and it's nice challenging yourself, especially with such an easy game. With greater difficulty comes a better reward!

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2015, 08:30 PM
I lust don't enjoy that so many of the additional requirements are bugged (i.e. landing on a raised railway platform counts as touching the ground - sometimes) or make no sense (i.e. so many missions force Jacob - the non-stealth assassin - to complete missions without killing anyone). Evie is the stealth-based assassin - if there are missions that require stealth, she should be the one doing them. Jacob is a brawler - that's his thing.

And the final Queen Victoria mission (like many of the timed missions) is just ridiculous. No one would ever be given that mission in real life - it's stupid, because it's impossible to do unless you've attempted it like 10 times before.

Tyrhydion
11-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Syndicate is too easy even with the arbitrary full sync requirements.

cawatrooper9
11-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Just don't do them if you don't like them. That's why they're optional.

Jeez, people just expect the developers to tailor the game to their every need.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Just don't do them if you don't like them.

It's not that we don't like additional requirements. I'd like them fine if they worked or made sense. The problem is, they don't work. These features should work and they should be fun. I paid $60 for this game, and when I pay full price for a AAA game, I expect to be able to complete the whole game without having to restart time and time again, not because I'm bad at the game, but because the developers failed to adequately quality test the product. I should be able to complete missions to 100% without being driven to frustration because of bugs, unrealistic mission requirements and arbitrarily short time limits causing mission failure over and over again.

The time limit missions are perfect examples of the developers taking a cheap and dirty approach to mission design. It's stupid, it makes no sense and it's as frustrating as hell.

cawatrooper9
11-02-2015, 11:18 PM
It's not that we don't like additional requirements. I'd like them fine if they worked or made sense. The problem is, they don't work. These features should work and they should be fun. I paid $60 for this game, and when I pay full price for a AAA game, I expect to be able to complete the whole game without having to restart time and time again, not because I'm bad at the game, but because the developers failed to adequately quality test the product. I should be able to complete missions to 100% without being driven to frustration because of bugs, unrealistic mission requirements and arbitrarily short time limits causing mission failure over and over again.

The time limit missions are perfect examples of the developers taking a cheap and dirty approach to mission design. It's stupid, it makes no sense and it's as frustrating as hell.

Maybe.

I think it just comes down to taste. Dangerzone 50 cited "Don't get detected" as one of the optional objectives that he doesn't like. Personally, I think that's one of my favorites. Sure, it can be hard and frustrating sometimes, but you should be prepared to get frustrated if you want to beat a game 100%. Again, these are optional. No one is forcing you to do them. If you want the extra challenge, great! If not, skip it! Don't let something like this ruin your enjoyment of the game.

I see this as being comparable to collectibles. I HATE having to go around the city collecting music boxes, Helix Fragments, etc... so I don't do it. Sure, it's part of the game that I paid for, but I'd rather focus on what I like than get hung up on something I don't really enjoy that much- plus, some people do like running around and getting the collectibles, so good for them!

BananaBlighter
11-02-2015, 11:35 PM
Maybe.

I think it just comes down to taste. Dangerzone 50 cited "Don't get detected" as one of the optional objectives that he doesn't like. Personally, I think that's one of my favorites. Sure, it can be hard and frustrating sometimes, but you should be prepared to get frustrated if you want to beat a game 100%. Again, these are optional. No one is forcing you to do them. If you want the extra challenge, great! If not, skip it! Don't let something like this ruin your enjoyment of the game.

I see this as being comparable to collectibles. I HATE having to go around the city collecting music boxes, Helix Fragments, etc... so I don't do it. Sure, it's part of the game that I paid for, but I'd rather focus on what I like than get hung up on something I don't really enjoy that much- plus, some people do like running around and getting the collectibles, so good for them!

I agree, though personally I'm OK with collectibles like music boxes when you're given decent clues and a decent reward. Honestly I already spend ages just doing nothing but running up and down the map so adding collectibles to that, for me, isn't a big deal. I really like the locked chests in Syndicate. There are hardly any but when you spot one on the map there's something that really wants me to go open it. After all they're the only way to get some unique rewards, needed to craft some of the best game items, something that I think is balanced quite well.

SofaJockey
11-03-2015, 10:29 PM
... And the final Queen Victoria mission (like many of the timed missions) is just ridiculous. No one would ever be given that mission in real life - it's stupid, because it's impossible to do unless you've attempted it like 10 times before.

1. You are comparing Assassin's Creed to real life, ok.
2. Jacob and Evie have a handful of skills different, if Jacob is not fully levelled by that mission, something has got wrong.
3. I think you are misunderstanding what the word 'impossible' means.
4. I completed that mission 1st time, I don't recall anything difficult about it, what was so hard?
5 You keep talking about 'bugs', I think they are complexities working as intended.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-04-2015, 02:55 AM
Some people, it seems, will go to any lengths to defend a game. When I land on a raised platform and the game tells me I've landed on the ground and forces me to fail a mission requirement because of it, that is a bug. It is impossible to pass the mission requirement if the game does this. The fact that you passed a mission the first time does not mean everyone does. If the example I've cited is evidence of a game "working as intended", then I guess you think bugs and glitches are "features". Maybe that's why you haven't encountered any bugs - because to you, bugs are features that work as intended.

hucevetar123
07-18-2017, 04:12 PM
I think that, of all the AC games, Revelations' Full sync reqs were the least toxic. Some were BS, took away from the missions. But most were logical in both the game-play and role-play sense.

Brotherhood and III had the most ******** (and in some cases borderline broken) Full Sync reqs in the entire series...Like for ****'s sake he is saving his best mates life, why the **** can't he swim if it's faster (and it is faster) than going around to go over the bridge? Also **** the AC III req in the Paul Revere horse mission. Just **** the mission overall.

TL;DR Revelations had good ones, Brotherhood had **** ones. III was a mixed bag when it came to them. The rest were fine, all things considered.

cawatrooper9
07-18-2017, 05:18 PM
I think that, of all the AC games, Revelations' Full sync reqs were the least toxic. Some were BS, took away from the missions. But most were logical in both the game-play and role-play sense.

Brotherhood and III had the most ******** (and in some cases borderline broken) Full Sync reqs in the entire series...Like for ****'s sake he is saving his best mates life, why the **** can't he swim if it's faster (and it is faster) than going around to go over the bridge? Also **** the AC III req in the Paul Revere horse mission. Just **** the mission overall.

TL;DR Revelations had good ones, Brotherhood had **** ones. III was a mixed bag when it came to them. The rest were fine, all things considered.

Brotherhoods were silly. I think, personally, that Syndicate had some stupid ones, too.

For instance, a Syndicate "fully sync requirement" (they no longer called them that, but they're functionally the same thing) might be something like "Kill the target with a throwing knife". Just seemed kinda arbitrary to me.

Like, I get stuff like "Don't get detected." I even get "Don't take damage", or mission specific stuff like "Make one target kill his partner with beserk darts." But stuff that is just restrictive and doesn't really add to the challenge seems to just be busywork.

Master Tarvos
07-19-2017, 03:59 PM
In Brotherhood there is a mission (Halls of Nero) that requires the mission to be completed in 8 minutes or less and that is just stupid. While I don't doubt that it can be done, your not getting a chance to explore he area, you have to just rush through it.

Moultonborough
07-20-2017, 04:16 PM
There are some ****ing stupid and hard ones. For example the take no damage when your trying to reach Bunker Hill. Luckily there are history for Origins so I'm happy.