PDA

View Full Version : Unity - Will it ever get tessalation?

Jessigirl2013
11-01-2015, 01:06 PM
So...... will it?

playlisting
11-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Safe to say: no. It's been a year since the release and Syndicate is only a few weeks away on PC.

YazX_
11-01-2015, 06:19 PM
no it wont. however, Tessellation was going to be added to buildings roof tops, it wont add that much for the game IMO (as its on roof tops), it just gives textures good looking depth and details.

Wolfmeister1010
11-01-2015, 06:28 PM
no it wont. however, Tessellation was going to be added to buildings roof tops, it wont add that much for the game IMO (as its on roof tops), it just gives textures good looking depth and details.

No, it was gonna be added to rooftops, buildings, and streets. It would have been epic. I've seen the screenshots of the amazing tessellated Parisian cobblestones streets.

However, whats done is done.

I JUST HOPE that AC syndicate has these effects. With an extra year of polish and DX12 support, Syndicate should be able to handle it!

J.i.m..
11-01-2015, 08:52 PM
I JUST HOPE that AC syndicate has these effects. With an extra year of polish and DX12 support, Syndicate should be able to handle it!
Does ACS Support DirectX 12?
EDIT: Found this article (Spanish) saying that ACS is going to be DX12 http://www.gamesoul.it/2015/08/17/assassins-creed-syndicate-pronto-le-dx12/

strigoi1958
11-01-2015, 10:53 PM
well it said Ubi are working to incorporate DX12 into its next 2 games... if it is Syndicate they have not given themselves much time to do it.... perhaps that is why the specs are not out yet. It would be nice if they can do it but we'll have to wait and see.

YazX_
11-01-2015, 11:09 PM
No, it was gonna be added to rooftops, buildings, and streets. It would have been epic. I've seen the screenshots of the amazing tessellated Parisian cobblestones streets.

However, whats done is done.

yah i was mistaken, i read Nvidia article again and they were planning to integrate GeometryWorks in many things within the game, but will be there any capable single GPU to run the game with proper FPS?? i dont think so.

well it said Ubi are working to incorporate DX12 into its next 2 games... if it is Syndicate they have not given themselves much time to do it.... perhaps that is why the specs are not out yet. It would be nice if they can do it but we'll have to wait and see.

yah those are my thoughts as well, DX12 is new and has tons of new features and changes, so it needs some time to get used to it, things will move forward with DX12 when next batch of XB1 games roll out, MS is pushing DX12 and Windows 10 very hard, so i expect we will see more titles built on DX12 next year.

maybe the game will support DX12 or maybe it will receive a patch to support it, who knows, lets hope for the best.

strigoi1958
11-02-2015, 12:17 AM
The problem with tessellation is, it is easy to make things look bad as well as good... in gta v the tessellation went too far making trees look abnormal... I think it is something that works best when it is subtle and is perfect for old walls or roofs or cobbles... to add a nice uneven depth ... it does have a performance hit... (especially if it is combined with other settings) but if it is used correctly it should minimise the loss of FPS.

Anykeyer
11-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Tesselation is an ugly clutch to hide poor API performance and should not be used on objects models, ever. With DX12 there is no need for it.

Jessigirl2013
11-04-2015, 08:26 PM

I know I was just curious as I'm planning on switching to a gtx card.
Does anyone know why it was cancelled?:rolleyes:

Its odd how Nvidia have just stayed silent on the matter, Even there site still says it will be implemented after launch.

Wonder if Syndicate will have it, Would be a nice touch and its probably IMO the better game of the two.:rolleyes:

Jessigirl2013
11-04-2015, 08:28 PM
The problem with tessellation is, it is easy to make things look bad as well as good... in gta v the tessellation went too far making trees look abnormal... I think it is something that works best when it is subtle and is perfect for old walls or roofs or cobbles... to add a nice uneven depth ... it does have a performance hit... (especially if it is combined with other settings) but if it is used correctly it should minimise the loss of FPS.

Ah good point :rolleyes:

Jessigirl2013
02-19-2016, 04:46 PM
Ah good point :rolleyes:

Has Nvidia even mentioned it?