PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to Ubisoft

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 08:15 AM
I just wanted to thank Ubisoft for giving Assassin's Creed Syndicate on PS4 an exclusive DLC, and not giving a f*** otherwise about the other part of their costumers. Oh, it's not enough that you rip content away to make it pre-order dlc, now you have to lock stuff for specific consoles too? I know this practice is nothing new, but I find it very disrespectful. I guess this is the way Ubisoft wants to thank fans of their series, by slapping them in the face and telling them they don't deserve it. Anyway that was it for my little rant, I doubt Ubisoft will even read it, but I just wish this stupid practice would go away.

RVSage
11-01-2015, 08:16 AM
It's a timed exclusive side mission , So you will get it eventually

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 09:55 AM
I don't know where you found that info from, but I doubt it's going to be free, even if you are right so this doesn't make the situation any different, it's still unjust and disrespectful.

SixKeys
11-01-2015, 10:04 AM
I don't know where you found that info from, but I doubt it's going to be free, even if you are right so this doesn't make the situation any different, it's still unjust and disrespectful.

It's not unjust, it's business. Sony pays extra for exclusive content.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 10:59 AM
So I guess money is more important than a customer. And yes it's unjust when two people pay the same price and one gets less. How about if when you buy a car, yours would come without it's engine? It's just business ain't it? I guess common logic does not apply to all.

Domestico
11-01-2015, 11:43 AM
While we're at it, thank you for gating the helix glitch map behind microtransactions you greedy f***s.

Also thank you for completely destroying the horse and carriage experience for anyone who wants to get all the trophies / achievements. 87% synced, all collectibles picked up and now only story missions remaining, still haven't gotten the god damned destroy 5000 objects achievement. You've still managed to force me to drive like a complete ******* the entire game though, so thank you for that.

Time to get some new blood and get rid of the morons who have been doing your decision-making the last 5-6 years? I hear Vivendi's looking to give you some fresh insight, maybe you should consider that an option.

SixKeys
11-01-2015, 11:47 AM
So I guess money is more important than a customer. And yes it's unjust when two people pay the same price and one gets less. How about if when you buy a car, yours would come without it's engine? It's just business ain't it? I guess common logic does not apply to all.

Good god, gamers are such entitled babies.

If you think it's unfair that one console gets exclusives, switch to that console. Problem solved.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Good god, gamers are such entitled babies.

If you think it's unfair that one console gets exclusives, switch to that console. Problem solved.

You're calling me entitled for something I payed? Are you serious? Also why should I switch to another console? What are you offering to buy me one and also another copy of the game? Like I said common logic does NOT apply to all.

All I'm saying is that if you're gonna offer me a product that's inferior, at least have the decency to price it accordingly, that means the xbox one version should be cheaper than the ps4 version.

SofaJockey
11-01-2015, 12:06 PM
You're calling me entitled for something I payed? (sic)

Entitled? Seems likely.
These are commercial practices.
I don't particularly like it as an Xbox One player, but you paid for exactly what you got because what was what was sold to you.
If you want to have an even tempered discussion about it about the problems with exclusive content, be my guest...

Captain Tomatoz
11-01-2015, 12:10 PM
And yes it's unjust when two people pay the same price and one gets less..

Hear, hear!

SixKeys
11-01-2015, 12:11 PM
You're calling me entitled for something I payed? Are you serious? Also why should I switch to another console? What are you offering to buy me one and also another copy of the game? Like I said common logic does NOT apply to all.

You were aware (or should have been aware, since the information was widely known) at the time when you purchased the game that the PS4 had exclusive content. It was mentioned in every trailer. You still bought the game for a competing platform. And now you complain that you're not getting something you knew from the start you weren't going to get?

To use your car analogy, you're basically going into Store A to buy a Wolkswagen while Competitor B is selling Wolkswagens AND free extra tires. Then you complain how unfair it is that you bought your car from Store A. You get the same product for the same price, except only one store has a better deal.

Captain Tomatoz
11-01-2015, 12:24 PM
You were aware (or should have been aware, since the information was widely known) at the time when you purchased the game that the PS4 had exclusive content. It was mentioned in every trailer. You still bought the game for a competing platform. And now you complain that you're not getting something you knew from the start you weren't going to get?

To use your car analogy, you're basically going into Store A to buy a Wolkswagen while Competitor B is selling Wolkswagens AND free extra tires. Then you complain how unfair it is that you bought your car from Store A. You get the same product for the same price, except only one store has a better deal.

But if that's a deal that VW has set up themselves then I would still complain. I know its 'business' but if we stop complaining about bad business practices its becomes the norm and companies get away with it and it gets worse. Look at micro transactions in AAA games.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Entitled? Seems likely.
These are commercial practices.
I don't particularly like it as an Xbox One player, but you paid for exactly what you got because what was what was sold to you.
If you want to have an even tempered discussion about it about the problems with exclusive content, be my guest...

I didn't even knew about the DLC till I heard from someone on youtube who played the PS4 version speak against this discriminatory practice. I didn't get what was sold to me I got less, that is blatantly obvious.

Saith-Masu
11-01-2015, 12:33 PM
I just wanted to thank Ubisoft for giving Assassin's Creed Syndicate on PS4 an exclusive DLC, and not giving a f*** otherwise about the other part of their costumers. Oh, it's not enough that you rip content away to make it pre-order dlc, now you have to lock stuff for specific consoles too? I know this practice is nothing new, but I find it very disrespectful. I guess this is the way Ubisoft wants to thank fans of their series, by slapping them in the face and telling them they don't deserve it. Anyway that was it for my little rant, I doubt Ubisoft will even read it, but I just wish this stupid practice would go away.

First of, like already mentioned, its your problem when you BUY the product. There were dozens of advertisments that clearly pointed out what you get. Nothing is hidden here. If you cannot inform yourself beforehand, than thats your problem.
And secondly,....newsflash: yes Ubisoft cares about the money, more than about you and any other consumer. Again Newsflash: They give a **** about you and your wishes dude. They care for the money and thats about the end of story. What is so hard to understand in this? Its business, nothing more.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 12:36 PM

Still I don't own a PS4 and I also I don't watch trailers, they tend to spoil too much. Also knowing it's going to be an exclusive doesn't make this practice any more excusable.

No I'm going to a store to buy a car, and dealer A sells me the car and then he says oh hey want some tires to go with that nice car you bought because they were not included. It's not the same product for the same price with extra stuff, it's exactly the opposite, it's the game with ripped content that was made into an exclusive to boost PS4 sales, it's a shady business practice and you know it.

Captain Tomatoz
11-01-2015, 12:36 PM
First of, like already mentioned, its your problem when you BUY the product. There were dozens of advertisments that clearly pointed out what you get. Nothing is hidden here. If you cannot inform yourself beforehand, than thats your problem.
And secondly,....newsflash: yes Ubisoft cares about the money, more than about you and any other consumer. Again Newsflash: They give a **** about you and your wishes dude. They care for the money and thats about the end of story. What is so hard to understand in this? Its business, nothing more.

As a consumer you have every right to complain about the product you bought.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 12:40 PM
But if that's a deal that VW has set up themselves then I would still complain. I know its 'business' but if we stop complaining about bad business practices its becomes the norm and companies get away with it and it gets worse. Look at micro transactions in AAA games.

Exactly, the microtransactions are a terrible business practice.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 12:43 PM

What are you the thought police? Shady business pracices should not be accepted by anyone. I don't care how well it was advertised, it's still unfair.

Saith-Masu
11-01-2015, 12:45 PM
As a consumer you have every right to complain about the product you bought.

Yes you can complain about it. But in a mannered way and not gunblazing. And the point is not the overall state the game is in, the point was about content that was exclusive for a specific device.
Ubisoft always and i mean always makes everything pretty damn clear before they ship the content to their costumers. Its childish beyond words that you complain about left out content, when its clear for months what to expect. Seriously, one can cmplain about bugs, or whatever, but this is just damn stupid.

Captain Tomatoz
11-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Yes you can complain about it. But in a mannered way and not gunblazing.

True and as far as I'm concerned I have been mannered, sorry if I haven't come across that way :D

Its childish beyond words that you complain about left out content

Why is it childish to complain about left out content? Its like ubisoft are punishing the xbox one and pc players and rewarding the ps4 players for buying the 'right' console. Ubisoft isn't worried about Sony's profits so why are they taking part it Sony's marketing.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Yes you can complain about it. But in a mannered way and not gunblazing. And the point is not the overall state the game is in, the point was about content that was exclusive for a specific device.
Ubisoft always and i mean always makes everything pretty damn clear before they ship the content to their costumers. Its childish beyond words that you complain about left out content, when its clear for months what to expect. Seriously, one can cmplain about bugs, or whatever, but this is just damn stupid.

I've never seen anyone kiss so much posterior ever. And since when do you control what can and can't be complained about?

Steelray25
11-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Considering Microsoft went as far as to pay off a company to make an entire GAME a timed exclusive (Tomb Raider), be thankful you get to play the game on time. Seriously going to gripe about a small set of side missions that add nothing to the story? Really?

But I would like to add a heartfelt thank you to Ubisoft; for making AC FUN again. I had lost faith with Unity, but they got their mojo back.

Captain Tomatoz
11-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Considering Microsoft went as far as to pay off a company to make an entire GAME a timed exclusive (Tomb Raider), be thankful you get to play the game on time. Seriously going to gripe about a small set of side missions that add nothing to the story?

That is even worse and no I'm not thankful because that's also unfair

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Considering Microsoft went as far as to pay off a company to make an entire GAME a timed exclusive (Tomb Raider), be thankful you get to play the game on time. Seriously going to gripe about a small set of side missions that add nothing to the story? Really?

Hey, that's the exact same bad business practice, but this isn't there right forum to address that, so yeah thanks for trying to derail but no thanks :)

SofaJockey
11-01-2015, 01:25 PM
I didn't even knew about the DLC till I heard from someone on youtube who played the PS4 version speak against this discriminatory practice. I didn't get what was sold to me I got less, that is blatantly obvious.

If this constitutes discrimination, then I think you need to get out more.
You got exactly what was sold to you, the PS4 exclusives were not for sale to you.

There is a kernel of truth in what you say, but getting shouty and hyperbolic about it focuses attention on your communication skills, not on the point you are trying to make.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 01:39 PM
If this constitutes discrimination, then I think you need to get out more.
You got exactly what was sold to you, the PS4 exclusives were not for sale to you.

There is a kernel of truth in what you say, but getting shouty and hyperbolic about it focuses attention on your communication skills, not on the point you are trying to make.

Oh gee I sure got what was sold to me, excuse me for choosing the wrong console version. I guess there is no problem here. Hey you never know maybe Microsoft will make sure the next Assassin's Creed game is exclusive to their console :), that wouldn't be perfectly fine as long as they advertise it and everyone knows, right? I guess I was wrong from the beginning :D
No but seriously, I do have a clue about what I'm talking about.

JamesFaith007
11-01-2015, 01:53 PM

Both people paid for basic AC Syndicate and both people got same AC Syndicate for their money.

And Playstation then paid for DLC and gave it to their customer who paid for this DLC by buying PS in past.

No injustice here, only common business practice same old as business itself.

SenseHomunculus
11-01-2015, 01:59 PM
So I guess money is more important than a customer. And yes it's unjust when two people pay the same price and one gets less.

But you DID pay less... to Sony when you didn't buy a PS4, and those who did get the "reward" such as it is. It's business, don't personalize it. Ubi don't hate you.

Saith-Masu
11-01-2015, 02:22 PM
I've never seen anyone kiss so much posterior ever. And since when do you control what can and can't be complained about?

Quite ironic when one reads your first comment.
You think what you do is any better? And i do not control what is complained about, i didnt even state that. But you seem to read what you want to read i guess.
Well done!

Ignacio_796
11-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Ok, it's a common practice.
Ok, it's a practice that has been there for years. Nothing new under the sun

But that does not mean that is right to do that kind of stuff. Why? Because is still a penalization for those who didn't/couldn't buy the game in the console that Ubisoft says.
Switch to that console then, right? But what if i don't have that console? What if i don't have the money to buy that console after buying a PC or an Xbox One...

Yeah you said it: **** me then...

No matter what you say, this means less content for the majority of us, a punishment for not buying an specific console....
It's treating other customers better based on having the preferent one. It's unfair.
Sure it could be worst, at least is just some content and not a full game. It's not like is the end of the world (for me at least), but nonetheless i still think it's unfair, a practice that exists with the sole purpose of making more money at the expense of the customer.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 03:03 PM

But that does not mean that is right to do that kind of stuff. Why? Because is still a penalization for those who didn't/couldn't buy the game in the console that Ubisoft says.
Switch to that console then, right? But what if i don't have that console? What if i don't have the money to buy that console after buying a PC or an Xbox One...

No matter what you say, this means less content for the majority of us, a punishment for not buying an specific console....
It's treating other customers better based on having the preferent one. It's unfair.
Sure it could be worst, at least is just some content and not a full game. It's not like is the end of the world (for me at least), but nonetheless i still think it's unfair, a practice that exists with the sole purpose of making more money at the expense of the customer.

Yep, well said, make sure you have the DAY ONE EDITION of the game, for the RIGHT SYSTEM, from the RIGHT RETAILER otherwise you're f****d. I don't see how these sheep keep repeating the same thing, trying to justify it by passing it along as a common business practice. I don't know, I guess that's what happens when you're too much of a fanboy to admit it's wrong.

Saith-Masu
11-01-2015, 03:11 PM

I recently witnessed a discussion where one customer claimed that its not rightful when Paypal forces you to send in your personal ID along with a picture. Its a different case, but the point is:
You have no right here. You signed in on their page and as long as you want something from them, as long as you take their service they offer you, you are bound to except their rules they make. If you are not willing to do so, you just dont take their service, you just dont go on that page. No one gets forced.
Its funny that customers think they have the right on a product they do not own in the first place.
Its like someone comes into my house and says i have to move my couch.
No, just no.
Thats not how it works.
Sure its not nice if Content is left out for a specific device, no doubt, but that doesnt change the facts.

Edit: And no im not a fanboy. Not everyone that uses common logic is a fan boy. I stated that Ubisoft is money greedy and whatnot. A fanboy would even deny that.

Captain Tomatoz
11-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Its like someone comes into my house and says i have to move my couch

If I was charging this person to be in my house and they are unhappy with where the couch is placed, they have every right to complain to me about it. They can't force me to but they can complain.

Saith-Masu
11-01-2015, 03:36 PM
If I was charging this person to be in my house and they are unhappy with where the couch is placed, they have every right to complain to me about it. They can't force me to but they can complain.

Wow, this is going nowhere. You won sir.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Its funny that customers think they have the right on a product they do not own in the first place.
No, just no.
Thats not how it works.

You're right, that's really not how it works. If you pay for rent you have every right to move the couch wherever you want. I can even tell the owner to leave as that is the nature of the contract and his contracutal obligations. Listen don't use apply analogies, that don't mold well to this situation.

Edit: And no im not a fanboy. Not everyone that uses common logic is a fan boy. I stated that Ubisoft is money greedy and whatnot. A fanboy would even deny that.

Speaking about common logic.... you can start using it.

phoenix-force411
11-01-2015, 05:30 PM

Capitalism. The world isn't fair, and this has been going on since Brotherhood, and so, the lot of the of the community are well-aware of these "exclusive content." This is the same reason why we have console exclusives. Companies want more customers to buy their products, because it is different from the competitor's products even if by a slight margin. Sure it's not fair, but it's not illegal either. If your car didn't come with an engine then why buy it? Simple as that. If you wanted these exclusives so bad, why not just get a PlayStation 4 and a PS4 copy for Syndicate? Companies must make money, you know, and when both companies have the same products and the same content then there's really no need to think about which one you should get. There needs to be differences for successful attraction. You lose some, you win some.

OM3GA089
11-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Simple as that. If you wanted these exclusives so bad, why not just get a PlayStation 4 and a PS4 copy for Syndicate? Companies must make money, you know, and when both companies have the same products and the same content then there's really no need to think about which one you should get. There needs to be differences for successful attraction. You lose some, you win some.

Are you f*****g serious? Buy another console and another game just for a f*****g DLC that they could have added with no problem? Is your logic really that backwards? It's not us, the consumers, who must bow our heads and accept every s***y thing that is thrown our way. Sure you're sitting there on your high horse bc you got it free and you're just having a laugh, whatever...

Ignacio_796
11-01-2015, 08:34 PM
I recently witnessed a discussion where one customer claimed that its not rightful when Paypal forces you to send in your personal ID along with a picture. Its a different case, but the point is:
You have no right here. You signed in on their page and as long as you want something from them, as long as you take their service they offer you, you are bound to except their rules they make. If you are not willing to do so, you just dont take their service, you just dont go on that page. No one gets forced.
No, just no.
Thats not how it works.
Sure its not nice if Content is left out for a specific device, no doubt, but that doesnt change the facts.

So i can not complain about something i'm paying? Is not that the right of the customer? Well i didn't knew that. Ok then...

Oh wait, if i don't have that right, but i do it nonetheless, what would happen? Am I gonna be arrested? What happens if i don't want to buy the product due to an specific practice of the company, does that mean that i don't have the right to complain because im not suppose to know what the fuss is all about or because is something that does not affect me directly? That is really confusing.

phoenix-force411
11-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Are you f*****g serious? Buy another console and another game just for a f*****g DLC that they could have added with no problem? Is your logic really that backwards? It's not us, the consumers, who must bow our heads and accept every s***y thing that is thrown our way. Sure you're sitting there on your high horse bc you got it free and you're just having a laugh, whatever...

It's called "partnership", idiot. Sony has made negotiations with Ubisoft in the past about exclusive content with the AC series, and this is one of those situations. Yes, I've never had to worry about such exclusives because I don't own Xbox consoles, but that doesn't mean I don't understand why things are the way they are and how the world works.

phoenix-force411
11-02-2015, 12:38 AM
So i can not complain about something i'm paying? Is not that the right of the customer? Well i didn't knew that. Ok then...

Oh wait, if i don't have that right, but i do it nonetheless, what would happen? Am I gonna be arrested? What happens if i don't want to buy the product due to an specific practice of the company, does that mean that i don't have the right to complain because im not suppose to know what the fuss is all about or because is something that does not affect me directly? That is really confusing.
You have the right to complain, but by accepting a service, you are agreeing and to a "terms of agreement." Therefore, you are bound to those terms.

strigoi1958
11-02-2015, 01:21 AM
It has not been paid for by anyone with an Xbox or a pc... it is an extra that Sony paid for and gifted their customers... a better analogy would be you and a group of friend go to a restaurant and another group is there. Both groups order the set meal and everyone pays $15 each but the leader of the other group buys a round of drinks for everyone in his group.

Now just because you paid $15 and got a meal and the other group paid $15 and got a meal and a drink... does not entitle your group to a drink. :(

Black_Widow9
11-02-2015, 01:29 AM
You have every right to voice your concerns but you need to do so within the Forum Rules and Guidelines. Since you've continued to post outside of them I'm locking this.

If you can constructively create and post about this, please feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks