PDA

View Full Version : OMG Syndicate gave us something big (MAJOR SPOILERS)

RVSage
10-31-2015, 08:03 PM
Desmond has a son and he is a sage, 10 years old???
Listen to audio 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFZeoBSKmUY&feature=youtu.be

Simply wowwwwwwwwwww!!! I guess this is cannon for the movie /next game

Thirsty_panda
10-31-2015, 08:30 PM
You know though, if he were somehow Desmond's son, and Abstergo is only interested in the paternal line, then outside of being a sage, he doesn't really bring anything new to the table lineage wise.

Edit: This is more likely to be Desmond's brother isn't it?

Pr0metheus 1962
10-31-2015, 08:31 PM
I just wish Isabel didn't have such a godawful British accent. The actor who plays her desperately needs a competent dialogue coach.

whatr_those
10-31-2015, 08:41 PM
Unless Galina is the mother, then no, because the son would be a downgrade genetically.

VestigialLlama4
10-31-2015, 08:45 PM
Desmond has a son and he is a sage, 10 years old???
Listen to audio 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFZeoBSKmUY&feature=youtu.be

Simply wowwwwwwwwwww!!! I guess this is cannon for the movie /next game

DUN DUN DUN...who gives a !

Anyway, I dislike this Templar Dr. Nick Riviera guy.

RVSage
10-31-2015, 09:07 PM
You know though, if he were somehow Desmond's son, and Abstergo is only interested in the paternal line, then outside of being a sage, he doesn't really bring anything new to the table lineage wise.

Edit: This is more likely to be Desmond's brother isn't it?

Surely not desmond's brother, because his mother is a assassin and she would not let her son that easily to a clinic of the templars (Double sure after what happened to desmond). So this ought to be big, And with his lineage , they can go all the way back to the Isu Era

luis_freitas
10-31-2015, 09:14 PM
Yes, and the guy the templars will use the shroud with is most lileky Desmond...Or Lucy...one of those might be, and so, for that matter, we (the Initiate) ma very well be or Desmond reconstructed or Lucy...who knows...Anyway, this game is waaaaay much better than Unity!

RA503
10-31-2015, 09:37 PM
I never think in that possibility,but I think not

The curious is that both movie and the next game we will probably will run on the memories of a sage trough the Helix,I hope we start to have visions of first civ like Thomas Kavangah.in his letters,and next game simulation(like world war 1) is a trip to Isu Era...

RVSage
10-31-2015, 10:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ls1KIaY.png

Darby doesn;t accept nor deny, he just smiles. Looks like there is more to it

RA503
10-31-2015, 11:11 PM
The sun your son is back !!! happy that they don't abandon old nonsence of past games...

But we are in 21 century and this naughty Desmond don't use condons ?

VestigialLlama4
11-01-2015, 03:41 AM
The sun your son is back !!! happy that they don't abandon old nonsence of past games...

But we are in 21 century and this naughty Desmond don't use condons ?

They don't always work apparently.

Man I was hoping that having killed Desmond they would go out and be innovative and not use same tired old plotlines again...but obviously I overestimated Ubisoft.

Thirsty_panda
11-01-2015, 04:26 AM
It was never followed up on. Old yes, five years old, but it can't possibly be considered tired. Maybe you tired of it by subconsciously thinking that it received more attention than it did based on the past five years of forum conversation, but that would be it. In the meantime I would rather be be reassured by Ubisoft that despite AC's ever growing convoluted nature that they won't simply just drop plot points on the fly.

VestigialLlama4
11-01-2015, 04:45 AM
It was never followed up on. Old yes, five years old, but it can't possibly be considered tired. Maybe you tired of it by subconsciously thinking that it received more attention than it did based on the past five years of forum conversation, but that would be it. In the meantime I would rather be be reassured by Ubisoft that despite AC's ever growing convoluted nature that they won't simply just drop plot points on the fly.

They resolved the Desmond part in Black Flag, where they said Subject 16 was crazy and he confused glimpses of alternate futures with real futures. All of that was explained in a way that made sense, it explained precisely what Tyranny of King Washington's simulation was, it made sense in terms of Desmond's character and it closed and resolved that plot thread.

Simply throwing another ball in the air to juggle at this point, which is what this "10 year old Sage" amounts to, merely to reopen plot points is silly. The games are no longer consistent internally and with each other.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-01-2015, 05:01 AM
I'm so done with the modern day storyline at this point. It never goes anywhere and it just makes the game more complicated when Ubisoft has shown time after time that they're not willing to hire writers who can handle that level of complexity. They should just keep it as it is in Syndicate - minor cutscenes with Shaun and Rebecca, showing that they're still around. That way, they can hire the usual half-assed writers to write their half-baked plots and we can focus on the climby-stabby-history stuff, which is what the game should always be about.

So no. The character in question is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

RA503
11-01-2015, 06:48 AM
I just remember now that one part of that Desmond's first person gameplay trips on Revelations emplies that He drug hinself and made sex with someone in the bathroom of a nightclub if my memory don't betray me...

RVSage
11-01-2015, 06:51 AM
They don't always work apparently.

Man I was hoping that having killed Desmond they would go out and be innovative and not use same tired old plotlines again...but obviously I overestimated Ubisoft.

It could be interesting in the sense, that he is not just desmond's son, he is also a sage. Will he play for Juno or will he fight against his (because she killed her father). It actually makes an interesting story point IMO.

RVSage
11-01-2015, 07:38 AM
I just remember now that one part of that Desmond's first person gameplay trips on Revelations emplies that He drug hinself and made sex with someone in the bathroom of a nightclub if my memory don't betray me...

you are talking about revelations, he would dance with a girl i remember , but not more than that.

Thirsty_panda
11-01-2015, 07:44 AM
you are talking about revelations, he would dance with a girl i remember , but not more than that.

You need to read in between the lines. he was drunk, he had no recollection of what would later transpire. The mother was either drunk as well or just couldn't find Desmond after that point. This is how it all makes sense. Desmond would have never had a kid otherwise.

Edit: I am just quite frankly stunned when you look back at all the pieces. The initial mention in brotherhood, the club in revelations, the paternal line discussion in Black Flag, and finally confirmation in Syndicate. Its been a long time coming. This is one crazy series.

RA503
11-01-2015, 07:50 AM
as I said ''emplies'' sometimes tells things explicity feels inteligence insulting,just imagine how terrible will be if Consus said ''I Consus the father of undestanding''...

RVSage
11-01-2015, 07:58 AM
You need to read in between the lines. he was drunk, he had no recollection of what would later transpire. The mother was either drunk as well or just couldn't find Desmond after that point. This is how it all makes sense. Desmond would have never had a kid otherwise.

Edit: I am just quite frankly stunned when you look back at all the pieces. The initial mention in brotherhood, the club in revelations, the paternal line discussion in Black Flag, and finally confirmation in Syndicate. Its been a long time coming. This is one crazy series.

They have always left loose ends , intentionally to catch up later I believe, to extend the lore across yearly releases, which according to me is not that great. Being a long term fan, I hope when they end it in a good , complete and consistent way. At this point that is my best hope.

Thirsty_panda
11-01-2015, 08:16 AM
I'm really torn on that point. I don't like being jerked around and am always afraid that certain things would be retconed, but part of me just can't shake the awesome feeling of having at least a partial payoff. We'll have to see what happens after here, of course they could still obviously f it up hardcore.

Sorrosyss
11-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Honestly, it kind of sounds like a bit of desperation to me.

"Desmond is dead. But wait! Here is his son that looks just like him!"

I hope I'm wrong, but if it jumps forward to when he is in his early 30s say, the near future could be a cool setting I guess.

The other thing is this also could be a way for them to recreate Desmond from the living DNA. Somehow.

Either way, its kind of lame to me. :/

RA503
11-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Abstergo create a lot of adult clones in only one year,that machine's they inside is obvious a artificial womb based on leonardo da vinci draws,the history don't need to jump to future...

cawatrooper9
11-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Weird... I guess that would be cool. MD can use all the help it can get.

Anyway, I dislike this Templar Dr. Nick Riviera guy.

Hai everybody!

ze_topazio
11-02-2015, 06:28 PM
The Templars are trying to create their own Cell.