PDA

View Full Version : Why does Syndicate force you to drive like a complete idiot?

Domestico
10-31-2015, 06:43 PM
For anyone who wants to platinum this game, one must complete "Without a Grudge" A trophy / achievement that has you destroy 5000 (!!!!!!!) objects with your carriage. This number is so ludicrously high that you will spend literally your entire time playing the story and doing side missions driving like a complete a**hat. There's no way around it, if you want to platinum this game, Ubi demands you have a terrible time with it's most notable in-game feature. Honestly, I've seen Ubi make some god awful decisions before but I think it's time to seriously hire someone who has a clue. This is just beyond stupid.

Shape the heck up, this ruined what could have been a very interesting feature.

Hans684
10-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Because Jacob is a complete idiot.

HDinHB
10-31-2015, 07:55 PM
Because Jacob is a complete idiot.

You have obviously never seen Evie drive.

OP, I think you're taking it a little too seriously. No one needs to be fired over this (that guy that did Brotherhood though...). You don't have to drive like an asshat in missions unless you want to. If you must have the trophy, you can do plenty of damage in free roam. Unclench and have some fun.

(5000 is a lot)

melbye82
10-31-2015, 08:41 PM
My issue with that is that to achieve 5000 you must grind by driving on the sidewalk, and what has the game told us since AC1, the assassin's did not killl civilians

Pr0metheus 1962
10-31-2015, 08:55 PM
My issue with that is that to achieve 5000 you must grind by driving on the sidewalk, and what has the game told us since AC1, the assassin's did not killl civilians

Yeah, but killing them with carriages doesn't seem to count (I guess the Animus treats carriage accidents like modern courts treat car accidents - pedestrian lives don't really count). As for the trophy, driving around areas that have streets with lots of those bollards does the trick fairly quickly (many of those streets have 50 to 100 bollards on them. Also, the bollards respawn pretty fast, so if you find a nice block with them on all four streets, you can just keep going round and round the block to get the trophy.

HDinHB
10-31-2015, 09:59 PM
(a) Civilians that are too dumb to get out of the way of a madwoman driving on the "pavement" don't count, obviously.
(b) They aren't dead, just stunned. Really, really stunned.

BananaBlighter
10-31-2015, 10:53 PM
Yeah I'm surprised they're encouraging you to be reckless, something that requires no skill whatsoever.

Domestico
10-31-2015, 11:23 PM
(a) Civilians that are too dumb to get out of the way of a madwoman driving on the "pavement" don't count, obviously.
(b) They aren't dead, just stunned. Really, really stunned.

People will walk up to them and scream murder, even police officers will stop and investigate.

totonyjaa
11-01-2015, 01:11 AM
For anyone who wants to platinum this game, one must complete "Without a Grudge" A trophy / achievement that has you destroy 5000 (!!!!!!!) objects with your carriage. This number is so ludicrously high that you will spend literally your entire time playing the story and doing side missions driving like a complete a**hat. There's no way around it, if you want to platinum this game, Ubi demands you have a terrible time with it's most notable in-game feature. Honestly, I've seen Ubi make some god awful decisions before but I think it's time to seriously hire someone who has a clue. This is just beyond stupid.

Shape the heck up, this ruined what could have been a very interesting feature.

If only that was the only stupid thing in the game...

Sorrosyss
11-01-2015, 02:38 AM
It is a dumb trophy. There have been far worse ones in the franchise though, Brotherhood's multiplayer trophies for one. Fortunately I saw it early on, so started driving very badly from the start. After I had 100% synched, and got all other trophies, it only took another 20 minutes grind for it to pop, along with the plat.

"Who's a good horse? You are."

*mows down a few hundred more lamp posts*

HDinHB
11-01-2015, 04:15 AM
It takes more skill (and patience) than I thought, but you can see the civilians in the omnibus are completely unharmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_R8X5CSs