PDA

View Full Version : Any role players hoping to take immersion a little further?

WINTER.S0LDIER
10-30-2015, 05:39 AM
Just wondering if there are any people who might be thinking of developing their characters through role play, playing with a group while role playing their way through missions and such. Not even really sure how much the game will lend itself to RP, but it could be fun.

JokerUnique
10-30-2015, 07:45 AM
Well if it ends up, that the characters will be mute and does not really engage in conversations, it is up to the player to talk for the agent create his character. So it could be a good platform for RP, but since they are all human with different backgrounds they can't be that exotic as in Elder Scrolls Online for example, where you have a ton of different races and cultures. But people are very different to, depending on where they are coming from.

WINTER.S0LDIER
11-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Well if it ends up, that the characters will be mute and does not really engage in conversations, it is up to the player to talk for the agent create his character. So it could be a good platform for RP, but since they are all human with different backgrounds they can't be that exotic as in Elder Scrolls Online for example, where you have a ton of different races and cultures. But people are very different to, depending on where they are coming from.

I think there's a fair bit of potential for great character development in a 'modern' rpg setting sense. For example, we know all the agents of The Division were essentially sleepers, right? They had their own lives BEFORE the outbreak.

So, I could play someone who was, for instance, a paramedic. Build a whole character around that concept.

Mostly, what I love is finding small groups of talented role players who role play while adventuring, not just in social hubs. Maybe it wouldn't work here quite as well as MMO's, but I think it could be something fun and immersive to try out.

RedHaze1911
11-30-2015, 05:18 PM
Sounds totally awesome,if i find anyone to actually play with,il defo think up an awesome lil backstory like my character being a physics teacher or something.
I do hope it will be easy enough to find like minded gamers on the go...

CellSplinter555
12-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Ive never role played much in PC games. Though i am in a RPG group over on roll20. Ive been slowly building a character on here, though im not sure if its 'final cut'.

I hope to find a good team to roleplay as we discover the games over arching story. I plan to hit the dark zone fairly early in the game.

TwistyShape
12-23-2015, 04:32 PM
I think it'd be difficult certainly without VOIP but I'd certainly be interested! Not even sure if you can text chat!

DSD_Breaker
12-26-2015, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I also see great potential in the division to take immersion a bit further, since the atmosphere is very dens. Would be a pity if the story is mostly overlooked.

At the moment I’m actually creating a clan-concept/platform which would allow to take the „in game“- experience of players of a clan and combine it with an RP-system. At the moment I assume that text based RP inside the game will be the exception, especially in the field. I know that there is a text chat but is limited to the 4 player squad in the field. In addition the game play is fast so there will not be much time for texting…like in real life battles probably. In addition, very little is known about the social hubs/Clan-System etc. The RP-system therefor would be mostly based around Forum-RP, character-stories, RP-missions and a dynamic (RP) hierarchy, some RP-events. Of course if people are crazy enough also RP via VoIP could be tried.

Only problem is that we are not yet sure if we will do it only in German (native language ;-) ) or offer it in English. Depends a little on where we find the most interested players.

Nevertheless, with or without clan, we (a RP-colleague and me) are always looking for mature story-interested players.

CellSplinter555
12-30-2015, 12:41 AM
wiggidy wiggidy wiggidy

What timezone will you be on? And will you play over steam?

DSD_Breaker
12-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Timezone is UTC +1, so it would only be suitable for european folks I guess.

Yes, we would play over steam.

Alpennn
01-02-2016, 03:44 AM
this sounds awesome and im definetly up for that. im from ireland so would be on at eu times aswell