PDA

View Full Version : What kind of customization will there be?

lNogardl
10-30-2015, 03:00 AM
Will there be full on customization in this game? Such as attire choice, piece by piece, engraving your weapon with customizable insignias, gender selection etc?

I am very hyped for this game, i just hope when it comes out my computer can handle it, it is everything i ever wanted with sword combat.

SAMURAIS REJOICE, FOR HONOR!

Dez_troi_aR
10-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Hopefully all of the things you mentioned and more :D

It is pretty likly that additional customization options will be sold via DLC. Or for free ? :D
I think it is very important to be able to design own Banners for your clan. Those banners can hang on castle walls and warmachines belonging to one side or another.

We also need customized weapons with engraved runes etc.

MisterWillow
10-31-2015, 09:06 AM
Hopefully all of the things you mentioned and more :D

It is pretty likly that additional customization options will be sold via DLC. Or for free ? :D
I think it is very important to be able to design own Banners for your clan. Those banners can hang on castle walls and warmachines belonging to one side or another.

We also need customized weapons with engraved runes etc.

Gods, I hope not. Not unless said additions were sold as a big pack a few months after launch. I loathe microtransactions with a fiery passion, and I will flip a freaking table if they're present.

Agree on the banner customisation, but I think the devs have already said you can create an emblem, so a banner might tie into that (and if it doesn't, it should).

Haven't heard much of anything on weapon customisation. Although, early on, someone noticed that all the wardens in the publicity screenshots have different looking long swords, so I'm hoping that's an indication that it's in there. ;)

Dez_troi_aR
10-31-2015, 07:45 PM
Gods, I hope not. Not unless said additions were sold as a big pack a few months after launch. I loathe microtransactions with a fiery passion, and I will flip a freaking table if they're present.

It is a good thing that gamers are critically towards microtransactions. However, we shouldn't totally demoniize them. I personally don't have a problem if a company would offer me a little gimmick that makes the game even more enjoyable for a small price, once in a while. If there should come a time after having played forhonor for 1000 hours (god, i hope that grammar makes sense) with more or less the same character, and i am a die hard fan because the game is so good and all AND THEN Ubi comes to me saying "We have designed 50 additional armor skins for you character, wanna buy it for 6,99$?" , than thats a better investment than another ****ing Bigmac and ill happily buy it.

I am 100% with you when it reaches a certain point where i feel like i am excluded from central aspects of the game if i dont pay (Lets say, alternative finisher moves), or ofc if they go for pay2win.

MisterWillow
11-01-2015, 08:36 AM
It is a good thing that gamers are critically towards microtransactions. However, we shouldn't totally demoniize them. I personally don't have a problem if a company would offer me a little gimmick that makes the game even more enjoyable for a small price, once in a while. If there should come a time after having played forhonor for 1000 hours (god, i hope that grammar makes sense) with more or less the same character, and i am a die hard fan because the game is so good and all AND THEN Ubi comes to me saying "We have designed 50 additional armor skins for you character, wanna buy it for 6,99$?" , than thats a better investment than another ****ing Bigmac and ill happily buy it.

Well, yeah, that would be great, but if enough time has passed, I would expect them to be offering new maps, or classes, or even modes, in addition to the skins, in which case, I think it would be better to just bundle everything as a proper expansion.

The only place microtransactions are perfectly acceptable in free to play games, which I'm fairly certain For Honor isn't going to be.

Some of the more interesting examples of dlc are Helldivers and Rocket League.

In the case of former, you get more planets, and objectives, and enemies for free in updates, but you pay for armour pieces, weapons, and stratagems (abilities) not included in the base game. That way, the player base is never divided except in their abilities. Of course, that's a co-op only game, so some balance issues needn't be considered, and most of the time, people who haven't bought stuff are grateful to have players who have join (because the dlc weapons/stratagems are way overpowered in comparison).

And in the case of the later, again, you get updates to arenas, but more cars/customisation can be purchased (as packs, not individually), but none of that has any real bearing on a player's inherent power.

Neither of those games are full-priced either (I think both are about $20), so that makes the proposition a bit more acceptable as well. If I'm paying full price ($60) for a game, though, I expect everything that has been created for it at the time of launch to be included with that price.

I am 100% with you when it reaches a certain point where i feel like i am excluded from central aspects of the game if i dont pay (Lets say, alternative finisher moves), or ofc if they go for pay2win.

Completely agree. Although, given what you reminded me of in the other thread concerning player progression, I'm not quite sure how pay-to-win could even be implemented. ;)

Dez_troi_aR
11-01-2015, 11:26 AM
I would expect them to be offering new maps, or classes, or even modes, in addition to the skins, in which case, I think it would be better to just bundle everything as a proper expansion.

That might be the best way to look at it.
Considering how much they could add to the game it would make more sense then giving little shreds of DLC .