PDA

View Full Version : Lag and stuttering with Assassin's Creed: Unity

blake9437
10-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Hi. My friend purchased this game for me yesterday. While playing through the first couple of missions, I've found it to become horribly laggy and stuttery. Now, I had read that patches came out to fix this, but apparently my own gameplay is unaffective. I've looked online for various fixes and found nothing.

My computer is a Windows 7 with a GeForce GTX 650 graphics card, I have 16gbs of ram, and an AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor.]

Any help?

YazX_
10-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Hi. My friend purchased this game for me yesterday. While playing through the first couple of missions, I've found it to become horribly laggy and stuttery. Now, I had read that patches came out to fix this, but apparently my own gameplay is unaffective. I've looked online for various fixes and found nothing.

My computer is a Windows 7 with a GeForce GTX 650 graphics card, I have 16gbs of ram, and an AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor.]

Any help?

Unfortunately, your PC is way below minimum system requirements to run this game, the only option you have is to upgrade your GPU and might get away with the CPU you have, if not then you need to upgrade both since your CPU is old and low end and your GPU is low end.

you can try reducing all graphics settings to low and set low resolution as well, and the game might run.

blake9437
10-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Oh wow, really? I run all other recently made games just fine. Huh. Well, I was planning on buying a new graphics card with my tax credit anyway. Guess I can hold off on playing until then. lol

YazX_
10-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Oh wow, really? I run all other recently made games just fine. Huh. Well, I was planning on buying a new graphics card with my tax credit anyway. Guess I can hold off on playing until then. lol

sorry but this is not other recently made game, this game is very very demanding, the level of details and textures are really next gen, its one of the best graphically looking game, without mentioning the huge amount of NPCs drawn on screen.

this game requires GTX 680 as minimum and GTX 780 recommended, here are the requirements for your reference:

System Requirements

MINIMUM:

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit operating system required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
Additional Notes: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller

RECOMMENDED:

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit operating system required)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM)
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
Additional Notes: Supported video cards at the time of release: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or better, GeForce GTX 700 series; AMD Radeon HD7970 or better, Radeon R9 200 series Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

Going4Quests
10-31-2015, 04:31 PM

These other games dont have amazing graphics like Unity. And remember, besides amazing graphics theres also a HUGE map being loaded with a nice amount of npcs (up to 5k) at once. Games like The Witcher 3 will run better yes, but it has slightly lower graphics.. and not a huge city with tons of npcs, just a few huts and some monsters.

Jessigirl2013
11-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Unity isn't well optimised like some other games :rolleyes:
If you upgrade your GPU it could give you extra FPS.

What settings are you playing it on?

bitsoul.
11-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Yeah, right now i'm not even sure if my upgrade of processor increased the fps a bit or was it the patch.. I hope they keep patching the game :(

RundeZahl
11-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Unity is at the actual state well optimized. Its about your hardware. Take a look on my sig - i play Unity @2560x1080 - All@MAX with 45-60fps - Vsync - so max. 60fps. No lag or stuttering. Good graphic needs good hardware... :cool:

Going4Quests
11-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Unity isn't well optimised like some other games :rolleyes:?

Get me a game with Unity level of graphics, a map of the size of Paris that's fully loaded with all interiors at once, lighting, with all Nvidia exclusive settings and 5k npcs at once. Thanks.

Jessigirl2013
11-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Unity is at the actual state well optimized. Its about your hardware. Take a look on my sig - i play Unity @2560x1080 - All@MAX with 45-60fps - Vsync - so max. 60fps. No lag or stuttering. Good graphic needs good hardware... :cool:

Welcome to the forum.

"Well optimised" are you talking about Unity or did you mean Rogue instead.:rolleyes: