PDA

View Full Version : Exploring Syndicate's Victorian London from the eyes of an imaginary ingame character

Assassin_M
10-29-2015, 05:53 AM
So, shameless self plug here. I was inspired by a national geographic style documentary video about the wild life in GTA V and I decided to make this as a role play of a foreigner exploring Victorian London. This is the first part of a series I'm planning to make, would love some feedback.
https://shaabanm.wordpress.com/2015/10/29/the-chronicles-of-joseph-khaleel-mathew-london-stories-prologue/

Consus_E
10-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Neat. I've been wanting to do something like this with Black Flag for a while.
Couple questions

How regularly do you plan to update?

How much are you planning to go into the whole Assassin/Templar lore?

Will you make any Connor references or criticize AC2? (mostly joking with this one)

Nice so far, I'd like to learn more about Joseph, he feels a bit like a basic audience surrogate at the moment, though obviously you'll probably flesh him out further as time goes by.

VestigialLlama4
10-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Cool.

The amazing thing about Syndicate is that it's chosen a setting that many people know. London is one of the most populated and visited locations in the world and Victorian London has more structures that exist in the present day as compared to Unity's Revolutionary-era Paris which doesn't resemble Paris today, leave alone the cities of AC3.

I remember reading blogs and articles about people comparing Istanbul today with the city in Revelations. But that's still several hundred years back in the past.

Assassin_M
10-29-2015, 07:13 AM
Neat. I've been wanting to do something like this with Black Flag for a while.
Yeah, I think BF is one of those where quite exploration was a luxury.

How regularly do you plan to update?
Every few days. I already took all the pictures I needed and I have the basic skeleton for the rest of the story, so it's just about the writing.

How much are you planning to go into the whole Assassin/Templar lore?
Somewhere between involved and not so involved. I'm not thinking anything about Joseph being kidnapped by Templars only to be saved by Evie or Jacob. I'm leaning towards something more passive, but he wont just be a bystander to things happening involving the Assassins and Templars either. I definitely am thinking about having him be involved with some important Templars and as in the first part, there'll be references to events that happen throughout the game. My main goal with this is to explore the physical setting and the people that populate it, I'm trying to avoid making it fan fiction as much as I can.

Will you make any Connor references
Lol, the main game itself doesn't it. It had various chances but the developers still wont even drop his name.

or criticize AC2? (mostly joking with this one)
I wont:p

Nice so far, I'd like to learn more about Joseph, he feels a bit like a basic audience surrogate at the moment, though obviously you'll probably flesh him out further as time goes by.
Thanks, glad you think so. I will flesh him out more as the story goes on.

Cool.

The amazing thing about Syndicate is that it's chosen a setting that many people know. London is one of the most populated and visited locations in the world and Victorian London has more structures that exist in the present day as compared to Unity's Revolutionary-era Paris which doesn't resemble Paris today, leave alone the cities of AC3.

I remember reading blogs and articles about people comparing Istanbul today with the city in Revelations. But that's still several hundred years back in the past.

I agree with that sentiment. It creates a much more lasting appeal, in my opinion. I don't think I felt so compelled to write something like this about any AC setting. Thanks.

Consus_E
10-29-2015, 07:46 AM
Lol, the main game itself doesn't it. It had various chances but the developers still wont even drop his name.

Well to be fair he was Achilles kid who died when he was like 10 or something. It's not like any one in Victorian London has a reason to remember him. He wasn't even the protagonist of AC3, just Haytham Kenway and that other guy...

What was his name again? Muscular guy, half Native, all potato, used a Tomahawk, built a small village (though who did those missions amIright), had a ship, was super boring, and a stupid jerk compared our lord and savior the all mighty majestic gift from above the one who saved this franchise from the brink of destruction after that monotone American middle eastern guy nearly destroyed it by not being Brash or Charismatic enough, the the one who's glorious reputation could not be slandered by pretenders like Edward Kenway and Arno Dorian who could not even hope to be as brash and charismatic (Arno only slept with ONE woman lol what a noob) He who is greater than all those who came before, the chosen one, the profit the one and only EZIO AUDITORE DE Lalalala!!! Praise AC2 the greatest thing eva!!! :P

/sarcasm

Assassin_M
10-29-2015, 07:54 AM
Well to be fair he was Achilles kid who died when he was like 10 or something. It's not like any one in Victorian London has a reason to remember him. He wasn't even the protagonist of AC3, just Haytham Kenway and that other guy...

What was his name again? Muscular guy, half Native, all potato, used a Tomahawk, built a small village (though who did those missions amIright), had a ship, was super boring, and a stupid jerk compared our lord and savior the all mighty majestic gift from above the one who saved this franchise from the brink of destruction after that monotone American middle eastern guy nearly destroyed it by not being Brash or Charismatic enough, the the one who's glorious reputation could not be slandered by pretenders like Edward Kenway and Arno Dorian who could not even hope to be as brash and charismatic (Arno only slept with ONE woman lol what a noob) He who is greater than all those who came before, the chosen one, the profit the one and only EZIO AUDITORE DE Lalalala!!! Praise AC2 the greatest thing eva!!! :P

/sarcasm

https://media.giphy.com/media/H61wVCnI3Qv72/giphy.gif

Consus_E
10-29-2015, 08:02 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/H61wVCnI3Qv72/giphy.gif

Neal before Ezio peasant!!! lol