PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity - Performance

Snugglez23
10-28-2015, 06:56 AM
You have probably seen so many of these threads before so I'm not going to go on for to long.
I made a stupid decision to but ACU a few days after release, not taking my computer specs into consideration at all, so my question is. Is there any possible way to get an fps that is slightly playable on a Laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce 710M, Intel i7 Processor and 8gb of RAM

strigoi1958
10-28-2015, 11:30 PM
I'm afraid not... sorry. Laptops are not officially supported at all... but people try to help out but I'm afraid an nvidia 710M is definitely not designed for gaming... it may well run some games but it is completely underpowered for anything like Unity. :( sorry.

Snugglez23
10-29-2015, 07:47 AM
Thank you =)

Jessigirl2013
10-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Assassins creed Unity was released last year? Do you mean Syndicate?

Snugglez23
10-31-2015, 01:06 PM
I am talking about Unity. I wasn't silly enough to make the same mistake again.

Going4Quests
10-31-2015, 04:29 PM
You can try putting as many settings you can on the lowest setting and take a look at Razer Game booster or something, that *might* help.

Snugglez23
11-01-2015, 06:47 AM
So I have everything on the lowest settings and set everything to help with performance in the NVIDIA Control panel and downloaded Razor Game Booster. The result is 7 FPS, My aim is at least 15-20 FPS

bitsoul.
11-01-2015, 07:14 AM
have you tried playing with the lowest resolution possible and testing it if you get any increase on the frame rate?

Snugglez23
11-01-2015, 08:33 AM
With lowering the resolution I'm now getting 12 FPS, that's good enough for me. But now that I lowered the resolution what I think is severe input lag is now happening or the game is glitching bad and arno is doing his own thing.

bitsoul.
11-01-2015, 09:12 AM
That's because of how the game was made, not on your side, but with your specs you really won't get enough. Even with my computer specs I get some kind of weird frame dip from time to time, though the game is highly stable at 30fps at Notre Dame Cathedral and even within interior levels the game maintains that set of fps, still it dips at 18 ~ 23 fps with no damn reason (running, even at customization menu or map or simple during combat) this is with the latest patch. I have FX 6300 3.9ghz and R9 270x 2GB Sapphire Dual-X.

naumaan
11-01-2015, 09:20 AM
well, I am not sure whether it will work on your laptop or not, but as I myself am using a laptop with integrated graphics which is pretty low end, what i used to play without any stutter and stuff is razer cortex game booster with d3doverrider set at low for my pc, may be you can set it at medium, i dont know, with that i played unity flawlessly till the sequence 2 and mission 2 ... after that it started crashing, and nothing is working at the moment, i think that is because i have an integrated card, i suppose it will work fine at your end, and bdw, 710m is equivalent to gtx610, in choosing laptops i always go for one series higher, like if you want to play a game which recommends a 750 gtx then i need to get an 850m card, from this logic ... the minimum requirements of the game is gtx 660, and you have 710m that equals to 610 ... so I really dont think you ll have a good time but still, if the razer and d3d worked .. who knows ...

Snugglez23
11-01-2015, 09:42 AM
I want to know if there is a way to fix this input lag issue. I can just bear 12 frames.

Jessigirl2013
11-01-2015, 11:07 AM
With lowering the resolution I'm now getting 12 FPS, that's good enough for me. But now that I lowered the resolution what I think is severe input lag is now happening or the game is glitching bad and arno is doing his own thing.

Haha :rolleyes:

That's how I played through Unity before I upgraded :rolleyes:
You could overclock if you wanted extra FPS.

Snugglez23
11-01-2015, 11:44 AM
So what I thought was input lag in an FPS issue? I doesn't feel like it is because the frame counter remains almost the same when he runs off.

naumaan
11-01-2015, 12:21 PM
did you try using razer cortex ?

Snugglez23
11-01-2015, 10:55 PM
I will try Razer Cortex when I get home from work, but from a quick google on my phone it looks promising.

Snugglez23
11-02-2015, 06:12 AM
Ok so after downloading Razer Cortex and running unity with that the input lag has been reduced but is still making the game difficult to play.

naumaan
11-02-2015, 06:56 PM
i am also using d3doverrider, which makes the ac unity experience far more better

Minimi7
11-02-2015, 10:49 PM
The thing is you are not gonna be able to play ACU at all, are you asking me why? Because it just sucks! I used to be hardcore assassins creed player and loved altair loved ezio was okay with connor but he was the last character I was able to play as, I plazed black flag and I did not like it at all. But those were the pirate days so I was just like okay I will wait for the new one. My PC broke because my graphic card got fried. Couldnt play it then but now I am sitting here at my lenovo with GTX960M and max of 3.9 GHZ on intel i5 and 8GB rams and I am crying, not because of the performance and not because of the low number of FPS but because of the story. Where was the point? I was used to assassin that was awesome, and made sense! Assassins that meant something and were super cool with their stories and how did they got to the creed. I bought brotherhood in the limited edition should have got it on 23. but I still downloaded it on 21. because I just couldnt wait that is how hardcore of a player I was! I lived for it! And now I am sitting here infront of the screen and seeing how you people really want to play this assassins creed but I say one thing, just dont bother. I became assassin on the start of 2nd chapter and was already fed up by some stupid parkouring guy who actually flies around paris can jump 8 meters and when he jumps down from ****ing roof he is okay?! What is that?! Does ubisoft really has to **** up even the last game I like from them! Why isnt the music from Jesper?! Why ****ing lorde?! I am so angry I would be able o write down a new story for ubisoft to use and make assassins creed cool again! just make the call UBI I am waiting with tons of ideas, and then maybe we will get assassins in china without ****ing 2D graphics! So thanks Ubisoft for ruining my gaming life, and GO **** YOURSELF!!!

strigoi1958
11-03-2015, 02:44 AM
because you're not in charge of AC games and what you want and think is right for AC is not what everyone else wants. Everyone has different tastes millions liked ac4 and you didn't... that doesn't make you or them right or wrong.

Same every year... just before a game release people make an account to post 1 time to say they're the best in the world at everything AC :D

Snugglez23
11-03-2015, 06:25 AM
I personally though Black Flag was the best in the franchise. I loved the setting, the story and characters. I believe it was an exceptional game.

Snugglez23
11-03-2015, 06:33 AM
When I attempted to run d3doverrider nothing happens even when attempting to run as administrator

naumaan
11-03-2015, 07:24 AM
What you have to do is to adjust .. first adjust the game settings .. i have done some serius tweaking to run it on integrated graphics .. set your screen ratio to 4:3, then put your pixel at maximum, that would be 1024 something
Set all the advanced settings to low .. you can turn on fxaa and ssao if you want .. keep vsync off ... now quit the game ...
Adjust d3doverrider on low settings .. keep the triple buffering on, force vsync off ..
Keep it on ... run razer cortex .. and then run the game from there ..

do not change your settings in game at anytime during playing .. or any settings during playing ... do that only before starting the game .. . I was havinh a pretty bad experience with the integrated graphica before .. i used razer cortex and d3doverrider and it helped me in getting somewhat playable frame rate . Atleast now i can manage to control the fighting techniques easily .. and that was impossible before .. lol

Snugglez23
11-03-2015, 07:44 AM
I can't even run d3doverrider nothing happens when I open the .exe. I can bearly see the screen with the aspect ratio so low

naumaan
11-03-2015, 06:20 PM
after running the d3doverrider .. check the taskbar ... its there ... make a profile for ac unity ...

YazX_
11-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Even if you run D3doverrider, it wont make a difference because it doesnt support 64-bit process (last time i checked and there was no updated version), it only works with 32-bit games, Unity is 64-bit executable so D3Doverrider will do nothing, the alternative is to use Radeon pro which also works on Nvidia cards and support 64-bit games.

naumaan
11-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Wow .. d3doverrider is nothing in comparison to radeon pro ..