PDA

View Full Version : Dear Ubisoft - Sincerely, a fan since 2007.

MarcusMcFly
10-28-2015, 05:49 AM
Please, Ubisoft!

Give us the First Civilization!

The gameplay of the AC games are getting better but the story is getting worse (in my opinion)

I just want to know what happened to Adam and Eve, see the true power of the Pieces of Eden in action, maybe learn about those who came before, the whole shebang!

We first learnt the truth in 2009 and I've been waiting 6 years to find out more and you have given us barely anything.

I read that apparently there's 600+ years of AC lore/history written already, so why are we getting so little?

I honestly believe a whole game set in the future, with flashbacks or sequences set during the First Civilization, would be much funner and more fulfilling than the last 3 games (Rouge, Unity & Syndicate)

I would vote for this, I would help fund a kickstarter for this, hell, I would even apply for University to get the appropriate degree in order to work for Ubisoft just so I can sit in on a meeting when you are brainstorming for the next AC title JUST so I can suggest this idea.

PLEASE!

STDlyMcStudpants
10-28-2015, 06:35 AM
My hope is that just like assets were shared with Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed IV
That Far Cry Primal and Assassin's Creed V will share assets...
i want AC to start going back in time....

dxsxhxcx
10-28-2015, 06:53 AM
Didn't you get the memo? S16 was crazy, rendering all the glyphs/rifts pointless, or would you follow or pay attention to a mad man's message?

Senningiri_GR
10-28-2015, 08:44 AM
My hope is that just like assets were shared with Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed IV

Why would you want an Assassin's Creed in the Stone Age??? You can play either Far Cry Primal, or Ancestors the Humankind Odyssey.

Didn't you get the memo? S16 was crazy, rendering all the glyphs/rifts pointless, or would you follow or pay attention to a mad man's message?

Well not is is quite proven that the glyphs were wrong. The Washington having an apple was all an illusion and Napoleon got in for a very few time.

VestigialLlama4
10-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Well not is is quite proven that the glyphs were wrong. The Washington having an apple was all an illusion and Napoleon got in for a very few time.

Syndicate retconned a major part of one of the glyphs, Black Flag's audio files revealed that Subject 16 saw alternate universes along with regular visions, and he couldn't tell one apart from the other. We know from AC3, that Tyranny was one such alternate vision.

So I would say that the glyphs of AC2 are more "Guidelines" than actual canon. It's about what the Lore can potentially be but not it's final form.

dxsxhxcx
10-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Syndicate retconned a major part of one of the glyphs, Black Flag's audio files revealed that Subject 16 saw alternate universes along with regular visions, and he couldn't tell one apart from the other. We know from AC3, that Tyranny was one such alternate vision.

So I would say that the glyphs of AC2 are more "Guidelines" than actual canon. It's about what the Lore can potentially be but not it's final form.

This way Ubisoft can ignore them completely, the same goes for the Truth video and S16 message in ACB, they don't need to adress these points anymore (or can do that whenever they please) because S16 wasn't a "reliable source of information", heck of a job they did here.. :rolleyes: (destroying the most interesting character this franchise already had)

cawatrooper9
10-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Very possible... though I haven't particularly noticed FC4 assets used in AC yet (then again, I haven't played FC4 yet, either)..

VestigialLlama4
10-28-2015, 05:36 PM
This way Ubisoft can ignore them completely, the same goes for the Truth video and S16 message in ACB, they don't need to adress these points anymore (or can do that whenever they please) because S16 wasn't a "reliable source of information", heck of a job they did here.. :rolleyes: (destroying the most interesting character this franchise already had)

I like Subject 16 a lot too, but I always felt the lore of the AC2's glyphs was weird. Like Alan Turing got killed not because he was gay but because he was inventing a robot and the Templars had him whacked because he could end employment...it's just silly. Most of the lore is just wacky and cornball.

Some of it is plainly offensive, saying that Roosevelt, Churchill, Stalin and Hitler orchestrated World War II is as good as saying that they planned the Holocaust and that the people who died during that war were a bunch of fools. No game will get away if they put that seriously in a story. At the time they made AC2, obviously they didn't plan out the full thing and they just put it out there without a great deal of thought. When AC3 came out, lot of people thought Washington was a Templar and they put a MD dialogue where Shaun Hastings specifically debunks that theory, the reason is that George Washington cannot be a bad guy. For a commercial game to say that it would be tantamount to suicide.

When they made Syndicate, they realized that they are coming to the lake and so they have to start making retcons.

STDlyMcStudpants
10-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Why would you want an Assassin's Creed in the Stone Age??? You can play either Far Cry Primal, or Ancestors the Humankind Odyssey.

cause im tired of guns in ac.. thats why :)

xxLiGmAbOfAxx
10-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Please, Ubisoft!

The gameplay of the AC games are getting better but the story is getting worse (in my opinion)

I just want to know what happened to Adam and Eve, see the true power of the Pieces of Eden in action, maybe learn about those who came before, the whole shebang!

We first learnt the truth in 2009 and I've been waiting 6 years to find out more and you have given us barely anything.

I read that apparently there's 600+ years of AC lore/history written already, so why are we getting so little?

I honestly believe a whole game set in the future, with flashbacks or sequences set during the First Civilization, would be much funner and more fulfilling than the last 3 games (Rouge, Unity & Syndicate)

I would vote for this, I would help fund a kickstarter for this, hell, I would even apply for University to get the appropriate degree in order to work for Ubisoft just so I can sit in on a meeting when you are brainstorming for the next AC title JUST so I can suggest this idea.

PLEASE!

I want this so bad myself

Eurostar7
10-29-2015, 12:55 AM
Please, Ubisoft!

PLEASE!

There was a war between humankind and The Ones Who Came Before, but in AC Liberation some of the Ones Who Came Before asked Eve to lead them in a war. Im thinking they were on humankinds' side. It could probably have been the birth of Templars and Assassins too.

I very much would like more of the Adam and Eve story, it would be awesome if they actually had an Adam and Eve game, with a completely fictional First Civilization setting just to bring some freshness into the franchise. Take a break from history and dive into the lore for one or 2 games.