PDA

View Full Version : Missed opportunity in Syndicate [SOME SPOILERS]

Escappa
10-28-2015, 03:47 AM
So I got pleasantly surprised by AC Syndicate; which turned out to be more than gang-wars and street brawls (which I feared). I love the chemistry between Evie and Jacob (With Evie being one of the best protagonists along with Ezio and Edward IMO), and London looks really good.

However, I feel like Ubisoft really could have made a more interesting plot by making this the (kind'a) sequal of Black Flag. Instead of throwing new POE's at us like the shroud and the sword of Eden (which IMO makes the concept of pieces of eden lose the rare and mysterious feel to them), why not tie up some lose ends? Since we can visit the Kenway mansion and even see a blood vial on Edward's old desk; I believe the story of the game would have been more interesting and felt more tied to the overall AC-storyline if it had focused on continuing the plot-line of the blood vials and the observatory; both in present time and in the 19th century.

LoyalACFan
10-28-2015, 03:51 AM
I've just totally given up hope for any sort of continuity with the modern/FC stuff, man. I was actually surprised to see that they kept the concept of the Sage around in ACU.

But the blood vial on the desk... yeah. Lol, it was a nice callback, but it kinda destroys any believable chance that they've got a plan for all this when you have a FC artifact just lying around in a house full of Templars and nobody gives a crap.

Escappa
10-28-2015, 03:59 AM
I feel like they (Ubisoft) has a lot of great ideas they wanna do; but when they can't decide on which of them to focus on they choose to throw everything in there, resulting in the story becoming vague and rushed. IMO they should have dropped the whole Rooks thing and focusing on fleshing out who our templar targets are, why we want to kill them and how it all ties into the rest of the game. Instead of a Da Vinci master piece, we get a Pollock mess.

Hans684
10-28-2015, 05:44 AM
It must have missed opportunities, because last year proved it's fan-fictional to connect the lore. So we should have as little connects as possible so each story can stand in it's own feet, something Syndicate can't go second without as it reference to older character, have older characters and some heavy connections. It can't stand in it's own.