PDA

View Full Version : Another impression of 1.1

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:37 AM
Had a very nice bash online last night - 25+ pilots all with pretty good ping (didn't see any UFOs, even when things lagged a little the action stuttered rather than going psycho).
Flew 190A8, 190D9, LA7 and Yak3 (late war server): Though I'm nothing special its definitely a different game (compared to v1.0) - and the performance of the aircraft was shown off by some of the better flyers.
Things I observed - though you can still get shot down in the 190 you don't feel like a target drone any more, with careful flying Yaks and LAs can be nailed readily enough.
Flying the Yak and the LA was a big change - previously one felt pretty invulnerable in these (unless there were really good LW flyers about).
They are still great planes, I was able to get kills vs 190 and 109 (couldn't catch the D9 though, burnt out a motor trying /i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif ), and get out of trouble (most of the time /i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif ).
However that feeling of invulnerability (reason why I didn't fly these VVS types online in the past) is gone - late war Soviet flyers still have good chances - but now know they will be in for a fight.

The 190's high speed performance may be a little too good, the P47 roll rate may be a bit slow - but v1.1beta is big improvement IMHO.

Salute

Athos

"When first under fire and you're wishful to duck, don't look nor take heed at the man that is struck, be thankful you're living, and trust to your luck, and face to your front like a soldier"
ex. Rudyard Kipling

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:37 AM
Had a very nice bash online last night - 25+ pilots all with pretty good ping (didn't see any UFOs, even when things lagged a little the action stuttered rather than going psycho).
Flew 190A8, 190D9, LA7 and Yak3 (late war server): Though I'm nothing special its definitely a different game (compared to v1.0) - and the performance of the aircraft was shown off by some of the better flyers.
Things I observed - though you can still get shot down in the 190 you don't feel like a target drone any more, with careful flying Yaks and LAs can be nailed readily enough.
Flying the Yak and the LA was a big change - previously one felt pretty invulnerable in these (unless there were really good LW flyers about).
They are still great planes, I was able to get kills vs 190 and 109 (couldn't catch the D9 though, burnt out a motor trying /i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif ), and get out of trouble (most of the time /i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif ).
However that feeling of invulnerability (reason why I didn't fly these VVS types online in the past) is gone - late war Soviet flyers still have good chances - but now know they will be in for a fight.

The 190's high speed performance may be a little too good, the P47 roll rate may be a bit slow - but v1.1beta is big improvement IMHO.

Salute

Athos

"When first under fire and you're wishful to duck, don't look nor take heed at the man that is struck, be thankful you're living, and trust to your luck, and face to your front like a soldier"
ex. Rudyard Kipling