PDA

View Full Version : Most Replayable AC Games?

cawatrooper9
10-27-2015, 07:04 PM
To clarify, what I mean by replayable is not something solely related to either story or gameplay, but rather an elusive and entirely subjective quality that makes a game so enjoyable that you feel like you could pop it right back into your machine and start it again once the credits start rolling.

So, it might not even be your favorite AC game, necessarily! For instance, a lot of people (myself included) find ACIV to be far superior to Rogue. Personally, I find Rogue to have a much better story (fight me on that, but in another thread- this is a safe zone :rolleyes:). However, I acknowledge that ACIV is still a better game, largely in part to the fact that there is just so much more to do and enjoy.

Rogue had plenty of side quests and beautiful locations- it even had far variety in its beauty. However, I just couldn't immerse myself in the beauty of the game, and so I am pretty much done with the game for a while once Shay speaks his final words. Black Flag, on the other hand, sees me going back to mop up side content long after Edward supposedly heads back to England- I suppose Edward was even more negligent of Jenny than Forsaken implied :p

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 07:14 PM
To clarify, what I mean by replayable is not something solely related to either story or gameplay, but rather an elusive and entirely subjective quality that makes a game so enjoyable that you feel like you could pop it right back into your machine and start it again once the credits start rolling.

All the games barring Rogue-Unity. I think I've played each 4 times, with AC2 being 5 times but that's because I got AC2 first of all the games.

General replayability is Black Flag and Revelations. Mostly because the MD of both games is not so cumbersome and extreme at the start and both games waste no time getting down to business (both are written by Darby McDevitt and it has that in common). Compare that to Brotherhood where it takes till what Sequence 4 before the Brotherhood mechanic becomes available to you, or AC3 where the Haytham sequences are boring to replay.

Basically for me to replay a game it's more about a certain emotion that brings me back. Whether it's Connor in Boston hiding from the Jagers, Ezio arriving in Istanbul and meeting Yusuf Tazim and that music and gorgeous architecture. For Black Flag, it's simply the Jackdaw and sailing. It never gets old, all it does is for me to remember Adewale: "Captain has the helm".

the_don7684
10-27-2015, 07:18 PM
I always go back to AC3. I really enjoyed running around in the trees in the Frontier. Plus, going back to play as Haytham never hurts either. I think I'll always like the interaction between Haytham and Connor too.

phoenix-force411
10-27-2015, 08:17 PM
I like Rogue over IV also. I think I've replayed ACII more than any of the other games. I've only played through IV and Rogue once, because I hate the amount of collectibles in the newer games.

dxsxhxcx
10-27-2015, 08:29 PM
even though AC1 is my favorite AC, AC2 is the most replayable one for me, followed by AC4 (because of the focus on naval gameplay) and AC1.

TO_M
10-27-2015, 08:47 PM
AC2 is the most replayable for me, followed by AC4 and AC1.

AC3 and Revelations are the least replayable for me. I tried once to replay Ac3 but I quit about halfway through, just could not be bothered to go through it again.

SenseHomunculus
10-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Def AC2 for me. Would def not play AC3 or AC1 again. Found both FAR too annoying. :p

cawatrooper9
10-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Very interesting, I'm quite surprised at how many people are voting for AC2. Not that I hate the game or anything, but in my opinion it's actually one of the least replayable. Different strokes, and all.

Hans684
10-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Well when I first entered the series AC2 was my favorite, so I've properly replayed it more than any AC. Beyond that I I'm currently replaying AC, old bug gold. I've started to simply walk the streets as well and enjoying the scenery, been some time since I've played it. Still beautiful game despite it's age.

VestigialLlama4
10-27-2015, 10:11 PM
Very interesting, I'm quite surprised at how many people are voting for AC2. Not that I hate the game or anything, but in my opinion it's actually one of the least replayable. Different strokes, and all.

Technically it shouldn't be replayable since that game doesn't have the replay missions mechanic, you have to replay it in full and through each time and there's no full synchronization or objectives to go back to.

Yet, I think that's what makes AC2 replayable. It's about the whole journey rather than parts of it. Likewise the freeroam doesn't have a great deal of stuff to do.

crusader_prophet
10-27-2015, 10:21 PM
AC Revelations: The music, architecture of Hagia Sophia, nostalgia of my bloodline personally and meeting Sophia are what draws me to that game over and over. I can just sit atop a tower and let the ambient music take me to a different time of existence. And the different mission approaches, bomb crafting and playing as Altair.

AC 3: One word --> Frontier

AC: Nostalgic cultural background at a personal level

SixKeys
10-28-2015, 04:20 AM
ACB for me. Lately I've been itching to start it again, after God knows how many playthroughs. I love the wealth and variety of side content and it's just enjoyable to spend time with those characters every time.

AC4 sounds very replayable, it's got a ton of content and gameplay loops that replenish themselves all the time. The sea battles remain addictive. Still, for some reason I've yet to finish it for the second time. The story just doesn't grab me the same way as the earlier games.

Consus_E
10-28-2015, 05:14 AM
AC1 easily for me. It's nice because even if you've completed it, the way it's designed it encourages you to replay missions. The way it opens up every time with the Animus screen from Desmond's perspective, allowing you to select a sequence and go really feels like an immersive way to start again. I know the other games feature repayable missions, however AC1 allows you to play an entire sequence one mission after another dare I say "seamlessly."