PDA

View Full Version : Feature Special - Modular Buildings

Ubi-QuB3
10-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Hey everyone! :)

Anno 2205 introduces new ways to develop your cities with rare resources and modular buildings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3u2SRPNYEU

Regards,
QuB3

Bonsai418
10-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Nice Video... but why is the Dam overflowing ? (minute 2:53)

Elrigh
10-27-2015, 07:18 PM
Thats an interesting System. I am really looking forward to the complexity of the system. This puts the tetris-effect back in the game and a lot of decisions. =)

Its a Relic from the 2070 Era - broken and useless. Would be to easy when it would still work and produce energy.

Nicked111
10-27-2015, 08:38 PM
I like modular building. I always missed them in Anno games. And I'm really happy with that

RazorBlade185
10-28-2015, 12:13 AM
I wonder how much choice the player really has with this. Yes you get some rare materials when you progress with a bigger city but probably this will not be enough. The other option is to buy it from the local trader, but this is probably not a real option because that is also kind of limited. You can't simply order as much as you need. That leaves us with only one real option and that is to play in the conflict sectors. That is the only way to get unlimited rare materials

Elrigh
10-28-2015, 12:38 AM
Do not forget the Missions on the Players Map. As you can see in the video at 2:30 you can pick up a Mission and get a good amount of one resource (44 in this case) for what seems a few Minutes work - it looks like the Descriptions from 2070 Missions.

But it is also true that you get the most out of the Navy Missions - especially when you do the Sidequests and increase the difficulty of the Navy Mission. As we could see in other videos a single Navy Mission on Advanced difficulty gave 3 of the 4 resources and about 3 times the as much as the NPC Mission on the players Map.

One of the attendents of the Event in Hamburg said it took about 15 Minutes to complete a Navy Mission with the Bonus Quest and within the hours they had to play he had to do only one. So maybe one or two per Day is enough, depends on how much you play.

This whole system reminds me of the licenses in Anno 2070. You got them through completing NPC Quests and you where able to buy things which where helpful but not mandatory.
If its true that you need only one Naval Mission per day (advanced) to get enough material you may think about the naval missions as some sort of Daily Quest.

Ubi-Barbalatu
10-28-2015, 02:50 PM

Hey,

The dam is not overflowing, the dam is broken and you need to repair it first. :9

Cheers,
Barbalatu

ovelord2304
10-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Looks realy cool! am glad to see some more of the game! been having physical pains from the sheer anticipation!

RazorBlade185
10-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Do not forget the Missions on the Players Map. As you can see in the video at 2:30 you can pick up a Mission and get a good amount of one resource (44 in this case) for what seems a few Minutes work - it looks like the Descriptions from 2070 Missions.

But it is also true that you get the most out of the Navy Missions - especially when you do the Sidequests and increase the difficulty of the Navy Mission. As we could see in other videos a single Navy Mission on Advanced difficulty gave 3 of the 4 resources and about 3 times the as much as the NPC Mission on the players Map.

One of the attendents of the Event in Hamburg said it took about 15 Minutes to complete a Navy Mission with the Bonus Quest and within the hours they had to play he had to do only one. So maybe one or two per Day is enough, depends on how much you play.

This whole system reminds me of the licenses in Anno 2070. You got them through completing NPC Quests and you where able to buy things which where helpful but not mandatory.
If its true that you need only one Naval Mission per day (advanced) to get enough material you may think about the naval missions as some sort of Daily Quest.

We donítknow how much of these rare resources we will need. Yes we saw it in this videofor the windfarm but that is one of the first production buildings that we can build.I think that you will need more for more advanced buildings. I donít mindplaying a war mission from time to time but I hope that this game does not turnout to be a war game where you can sometimes build a few buildings when yougathered enough resources.

Yes it is abit similar as the licenses from Anno 2070 but in Anno 2070 you could get thoselicenses very easy by trading with the NPCís. You could always get 20% more forany goods when you sold it to Trenchcoat. I donít think that such a trick is possible inAnno 2205. I wonder if these rare resources can be bought on the global market.
Theupgrades open however new possibilities. By upgrading all your buildings to themax you get a super efficient city and that means huge profits compared topeople who just build more production buildings.

ovelord2304
10-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Please tell me we get to click crates again!