PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a duelling mode?

Cdazx
10-27-2015, 05:29 PM
As the title says pretty much; Are there any plans to enable a mode that would just allow people to focus on duelling each other?

Dead1y-Derri
10-27-2015, 06:20 PM
No other mode has been revealed other than the domination style mode. However there have been suggestions made to implement a 1v1 duelling mode.

Dez_troi_aR
10-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Well, i hope so.
We need several of those, i think.
1v1 ladder within a league system, same thing with 2v2, 3v3 and also a tournament mode would be fun, were teams fight against each other in a series of 1v1 fights. It would be very cool to have 5 people in each team, 4 of your teammembers fail but you win 4 fights so you save the day. (Ok that is an extreme case cause then you would be clearly too good for your team :D )
Just made a post about that in the suggestion and feedback section. Join me, write your own 1v1 suggestions and we have a higher chance to be heard by the devs.

MisterWillow
10-28-2015, 03:19 AM
Fingers crossed.

Seems like an obvious mode to include, though. I'd be shocked if it wasn't there.

Dead1y-Derri
10-28-2015, 08:41 PM
Fingers crossed.

Seems like an obvious mode to include, though. I'd be shocked if it wasn't there.

The problem with 1V1 modes is the possibility of boosting stats etc.

MisterWillow
10-29-2015, 05:51 AM
The problem with 1V1 modes is the possibility of boosting stats etc.

I guess. Do we have any information about how progression is actually supposed to work? Could be a non-issue depending on if there are stats to boost, and/or what sort of unlocks are involved. Could be like Uncharted's multiplayer, where players are equal in inherent power but the feats separate them. Maybe the alpha will reveal something.

Dez_troi_aR
10-29-2015, 11:05 AM
I guess. Do we have any information about how progression is actually supposed to work? Could be a non-issue depending on if there are stats to boost, and/or what sort of unlocks are involved. Could be like Uncharted's multiplayer, where players are equal in inherent power but the feats separate them. Maybe the alpha will reveal something.

I'm not sure if i understand you 2 correctly... Stat booster ? Though there are not much concrete informations about character customisation and development, it is pretty clear that there wont be characters with a stat advantage over others. (when we talk about stats, we mean things like " 100 streng ; 90 agility ; etcetc ", dont we ? )
Unbalance because of unlocked abilities is not an issue because it's a temporary state.
Maybe they do something like destiny that some gamemodes wont be availible unitl you have unlocked certain abilities.
It is also likly that the unlockable abilities are not supposed to be better or worse than others but simply different, so they match a playstyle.

But as i write i am realising that we have little cenrtainty about progression will work and its all - once again - mostly patchwork knowledge, made up from what we saw/heard. Hopefully there will be more concrete infos when alpha starts.

Dead1y-Derri
10-29-2015, 08:56 PM

When I was at Gamescom they did reveal they'd have a full meta game with challenges (I think) so if they had challenges to complete and some kind of XP system then you'd still be able to boost for XP and possibly to complete challenges in a 1v1 mode.

Depending on how it would work, it could be a non issue.

I don't personally think the Alpha will reveal any info on this though.

MisterWillow
10-31-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure if i understand you 2 correctly... Stat booster ? Though there are not much concrete informations about character customisation and development, it is pretty clear that there wont be characters with a stat advantage over others. (when we talk about stats, we mean things like " 100 streng ; 90 agility ; etcetc ", dont we ? )
Unbalance because of unlocked abilities is not an issue because it's a temporary state.

Is it, though?

In the last Twitch stream (there was a thread made discussing it, too tired to look for it, if someone wants to help me out), I distinctly remember Jason saying one sentence about how customisation can effect stats. Something to the effect of 'Yeah, there's a bunch of armor pieces you can swap out, and they can move your stats around'. There was no more elaboration than that, but it makes me think that if armour is unlocked via XP, and that armour effects things like strength or defense, and there's armour that gives players clear advantages, which costs a LOT of XP (or even if it's tied to leveling), you can bet your a$$ there will be people boosting for the ability to use that armour/weapon/feat/whatever to overpower anyone at lower levels.

It's a major pitfall that comes with tying power to customisation (another is that players like me sometimes can't look the way they want to because something else [which they might not like the look of] is inherently better), and why I don't think making customisation of your character anything more than cosmetic.

Not saying that's how it is, of course. Everything could be entirely cosmetic. We just don't know.

Dez_troi_aR
10-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Is it, though?

In the last Twitch stream (there was a thread made discussing it, too tired to look for it, if someone wants to help me out), I distinctly remember Jason saying one sentence about how customisation can effect stats. Something to the effect of 'Yeah, there's a bunch of armor pieces you can swap out, and they can move your stats around'. There was no more elaboration than that, but it makes me think that if armour is unlocked via XP, and that armour effects things like strength or defense, and there's armour that gives players clear advantages, which costs a LOT of XP (or even if it's tied to leveling), you can bet your a$$ there will be people boosting for the ability to use that armour/weapon/feat/whatever to overpower anyone at lower levels.

It's a major pitfall that comes with tying power to customisation (another is that players like me sometimes can't look the way they want to because something else [which they might not like the look of] is inherently better), and why I don't think making customisation of your character anything more than cosmetic.

Not saying that's how it is, of course. Everything could be entirely cosmetic. We just don't know.

Hey Willow,
i guess thats the twitch thingy you talked about
http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft/v/17209333?t=8h13m05s
First of all: Thanks for mentioning it, haven't known this one before.

You're right about your statement concerning the "moving around" of stats but there was in fact more elaboration.
Jasons words concerning costomisation were (more or less accuratly) :
"Customization is hughe for us, even at the E3 the first thing you do is to pick the character you think looks best. There is gonna be a certain amount of stat variation that comes from gear. Of course we won't put progression in the multiplayer, we want that game to always be fair. But you will be able to move your stats around a little bit while it is more progress-orientated in the singleplayer."

This answers everything we are discussing here. The gear influences stats in multiplayer but it is something that can help you to match your favorite character with your playstyle. In some E3 videos there is something said like "you will be able to play every character the way you want" i think that statement was made because of mechanics like that. Via gear and ability choice you might be able to make a offensive hero like the Oni a little bit more defensive, for example, but not making him superior to other chars.

They discuss this at 8:23:20, if someone is interested.
"

MisterWillow
11-01-2015, 08:02 AM
You're right about your statement concerning the "moving around" of stats but there was in fact more elaboration.
Jasons words concerning costomisation were (more or less accuratly) :
"Customization is hughe for us, even at the E3 the first thing you do is to pick the character you think looks best. There is gonna be a certain amount of stat variation that comes from gear. Of course we won't put progression in the multiplayer, we want that game to always be fair. But you will be able to move your stats around a little bit while it is more progress-orientated in the singleplayer."

Hey, thanks for finding that. I was writing from memory and clearly didn't recall the bit about them not putting stat-augmentation in multiplayer.

I guess that clears up that concern. :D

Bluenessless
11-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Would love a 1v1 duelling system like Dark Souls duelling but with For Honor fighting mechanics.